Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #61
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

cole looks so cute in his sunglasses.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #62
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Your kids are cute especially cole.....

Cool that your DH got to do the Driving Experience.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #63
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

AK day continued

Right away we came across some famiiar faces! Blake's favorite character was standing by, STITCH! Of course we had run right over and get in line. Blake was very happy to meet him.

Not too much longer after that we ran into Turk.

We were fortunate enough to run into a lot of characters at AK. We never have much luck with finding characters at MK so this was nice.

Our first view of EE

We walked around and explored some more. I'm not sure exactly what we did as I have said before I didn't take notes because I wasn't planning this TR, sorry. We came across Baloo though and DH was happy. He really likes Baloo for some reason. He was really trying to get Cole's attention and for some reason this was the one and only time Cole showed no interest in a character, go figure! Oh well, nice try Baloo.

We headed over to see how long of a wait the safari was and get a fast pass if needed. We saw some restrooms along the way and took advantage of them. I snapped this pic of the happy baby while waiting on Jerry and the boys.

We had to play with some drums in the shop just past the restrooms

We had to get a fp for the safari so we looked around at some other things including the trail(I don't remember the specific name)

Had to have some fun with these while on our way to the meerkats (by the way, Blake was very excited to see these little guys, they are second to penguins in his book and he loves that show Meerkat Manor.)

When we came accross this big guy he was taking a nap, too cute.

Here's how my monkeys measure up to the big guy.

Pretty waterfall in the ape's habitat.

Just a waterfall we passed by

Saw a photo op and took it...of course! I love these shots. I think it's pretty, their white shirts and the pretty green background. Of course the boys in the pics are the best part!

I will post more soon. I have to finish loading the pictures from the safari and weed through them (there are a lot)

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 03-16-2008, 01:30 AM   #64
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post

I will post more soon. I have to finish loading the pictures from the safari and weed through them (there are a lot)
That could be a Xmas pic.

Great, great pix. I love the pic of Cole in his stroller. I also like the pix of the waterfalls.

Doesn't AK just have great theming?
Old 03-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #65
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

i always see characters out and about at AK but never at MK. There are plenty of really good photo ops at AK.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #66
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
That could be a Xmas pic.

Great, great pix. I love the pic of Cole in his stroller. I also like the pix of the waterfalls.

Doesn't AK just have great theming?

Hey! I feel special. You are actually making return tripsto my TR,lol. Thanks for the comments. I love waterfalls and will take pictures of any and all things I see as photo ops, much to dh's dismay. It gets me almost left behind a lot because I stop to take a pic and he keeps on walking(that's what happened with the last waterfall shot,lol) but that's ok. I do LOVE AK's theming. Way too many opporunities for a photo nut such as myself.
I really liked the pic of the 3 boys also and the one of Cole in his stroller I just had to get as that's him being himself....happy and sweet.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #67
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
i always see characters out and about at AK but never at MK. There are plenty of really good photo ops at AK.
I know, I was quite impressed with all the characters roaming about. AK does have really neat scenery.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:48 AM   #68
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Believe it or not. I wasn't into taking pictures until I started writing my Pre Trip Report. I even had to buy a new camera......
Old 03-16-2008, 02:02 AM   #69
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Believe it or not. I wasn't into taking pictures until I started writing my Pre Trip Report. I even had to buy a new camera......
That's crazy to hear. You do such a wonderful job of capturing moments. I love your bathroom ratings shots. They make me laugh every time. I love the shots you get of your beautiful niece Erin and quite handsome little nephew Dylan (nice name btw,lol). Don't ever stop taking pictures like you do. You can always relive wonderful times (like those spent at WDW) through pictures...snap, snap, snap away, you can never take too many pictures is what I always say.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 AM   #70
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

AK day continued some more....

Here are a few shots of our safari ride. It was really neat to do. I was a little worried the baby was going to fly out of my arms a few times though,lol. We had a crazy (but fun) driver, as I'm sure they all are.

I love this shot because I feel like this hippo sometimes,lol

Such a cute little guy (or girl)

We were told over and over to "Look, look, look, this is an extremely rare shot!" and they were standing so close to the vehicle they were in the way for a bit. They probably are out a lot but they just tell everyone that,lol. Oh well, it worked on me, I felt special to have seen them. How many of you have also seen this mommy/child pair? Just curious.

Again, sorry to make such a short post but photobucket keeps screwing up on me and only letting me load so many. I will be back with more when I get enough to post.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #71
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Great updates, enjoyed all of the pictures
On our last visit the AK moved up on our list of favorite parks, I’m sure it had something to do with the cool weather. It was the first time it wasn’t unbearable hot.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #72
sueh
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your TR. I will be taking my girls for the 1st time to Disney in July. As I was looking at your TR my youngest (who is 6) was looking over my shoulder and she is even more excited than she was before just by seeing your pictures.

The pictures came out great. And you boys are adorable.

I can't wait for updates!

Sue
Old 03-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #73
tinkerbelle_rox
WDW ADDICT!!

i love your trip report!
it reminds me of when we went last year, and gets me excited about going in a few months or so!!
SUBSCRIBING!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #74
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Well First I have to say that Cole and his sunglasses are the cutest thing in the world...You have such gorgous boys and they look soo well behaved...Your Animal Kingdom pics are beautiful, I never think to take that many pictures at AK but now I see yours and I need to go back and take lots of pictures!!!!!! By the way on the safari ride, I never got to see as many animals as you did, you got lucky cause everytime I have been I havent seen much animals to take good pics of! cant wait for more....
EXCELLENT TRIP REPORT...love the pics too
Old 03-16-2008, 11:58 PM   #75
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueh View Post
Thanks for sharing your TR. I will be taking my girls for the 1st time to Disney in July. As I was looking at your TR my youngest (who is 6) was looking over my shoulder and she is even more excited than she was before just by seeing your pictures.

The pictures came out great. And you boys are adorable.

I can't wait for updates!

Sue
Glad you are here and glad your daughter likes the pics too. Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelle_rox View Post
i love your trip report!
it reminds me of when we went last year, and gets me excited about going in a few months or so!!
SUBSCRIBING!
Glad you are here and that you like it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
Well First I have to say that Cole and his sunglasses are the cutest thing in the world...You have such gorgous boys and they look soo well behaved...Your Animal Kingdom pics are beautiful, I never think to take that many pictures at AK but now I see yours and I need to go back and take lots of pictures!!!!!! By the way on the safari ride, I never got to see as many animals as you did, you got lucky cause everytime I have been I havent seen much animals to take good pics of! cant wait for more....
EXCELLENT TRIP REPORT...love the pics too
Hey girl, it's good to see you on here regularly. Thanks once again for the comments on Cole and the boys. They are well behaved. As I have stated before I am a picture nut so to me it comes naturally to just snap away and end up with a lot of pics. You should get as many as you can I think. Glad to hear that we saw a lot of animals, I was wondering about that since we'd never done it before. Hopefully you will get to see a lot more this time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: