Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #16
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

I am loving your trip report, and your children are absolutely adorable. Do you have to have a timeshare to stay at Westgate?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #17
mandiella
Disney Bride 1/14/07!

Your boys are sooo cute. I love the picture of Cole "standing" in front of the Welcome to Florida sign.
Thanks for posting pix of Sea World, too. I haven't been there in probably 20 years or more so it was fun to see what it looks like now! If I can tear myself away from WDW (ha, don't count on it) next trip, I might have to spend a day there.
Can't wait to read more!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #18
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Your boys are so adorable and happy! Great choice to see Sea World first - you have given me a great idea for my boys when they go. Thanks!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #19
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post
I'm joining!!! Love your TR so far - and your children are beautiful! Can't wait to read more. By the way - I'm not very patient...so you're going to have to keep this moving along!!!
Glad to see your joining! Thank you for the comments. I will try to keep the updates coming quickly. It's all up to the baby's nap schedule and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
I am loving your trip report, and your children are absolutely adorable. Do you have to have a timeshare to stay at Westgate?
Thank you for the comments. You don't have to own a timeshare but unfortunately you do have to attend a meeting where they try and sell you a timeshare. It is very 'high pressure'. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are looking to buy one or are very adament with your "NO's" and get out of there before it ruins your day. It is a very nice place though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiella View Post
Your boys are sooo cute. I love the picture of Cole "standing" in front of the Welcome to Florida sign.
Thanks for posting pix of Sea World, too. I haven't been there in probably 20 years or more so it was fun to see what it looks like now! If I can tear myself away from WDW (ha, don't count on it) next trip, I might have to spend a day there.
Can't wait to read more!
Thanks again for the comments. We try to go to Sea World so I can see dolphins and I love their scenery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I'm in! Your boys are so adorable and happy! Great choice to see Sea World first - you have given me a great idea for my boys when they go. Thanks!

Thanks again. I think it was a wise plan to do it first. It would have been a let down otherwise.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 03-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #20
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

We decided to go to Blue Horizons. It's a beautiful dolphin show they have there. If you ever go it is not to be missed, really neat. I'm trying to not overload you on pictures so I will limit it to a few.

waiting for the show to start

Love this costume (supposed to be like one of the Mccaws (?) )

After we walked out of the show we saw the some of the cast was taking pictures and there wasn't really a line so of course we had to get some. Anyone notice how tall the main guy is (gray & blue suit) ?

THen we went off to "pet" the stingrays. THe boys thought this was really cool. I opted not to touch them so I don't know,lol.

This guy look like a supervisor of some sorts.

While we were walking around we saw a photo op so after we took a couple pics of eachother with the boys some nice lady walked by and offered to get a family shot. Don't you just love running across such nice people at the parks?!

Cole just being his normal "happy" self (playing with his feet)

Some of the beautiful scenery at SW. I absolutely love how beautiful this place is.

A nice picture spot. (not a good pic of me but then again there aren't many of those,lol)

So pretty!

After walking around some more we decided to catch the later showiing of their new Shamu show "Believe". Just a note, last year when we went(before baby) we got there early and got a perfect spot, right in the middle 2nd row back. We did this on purpose as the boys wanted to be one of the people to get soaked by Shamu. Before the show they kept saying how soaked you'd get if you didn't move at least 3/4's of the way back so we thought we were in for it. Turns out EVERYONE around us ended up getting drenched but somehow it missed us everytime. While this was ok with their dad and I we had two very dissappointed boys. I felt bad, but hey, we tried. So, anyway, this year they of course asked if we could sit in the soak zone again. We were a little worried about the baby but we had ponchos this time so we said we'd try to get a good seat. Well, we got a good seat once again. Pretty up front and this time a little to the side (as that is where seemed to get it more last time). We got our ponchos out (to cover the baby not the boys, they wanted to get wet remember) and prepared to get soaked.
The new show is absolutely beautiful! I love how they put up these neat rotating screens.

Ok, so just HOW wet did we get??? Well, we didn't. Not even hardly a drop! Once again we were among the few to NOT get wet. SORRY boys, we really do try....maybe next time!?

Then we had some shopping to do, the boys had a certain amount of souvenire money for each park and such. Then on our way out we waited in line to see our pics that the park had taken.

He really wasn't mad, he said he just didn't know I was taking the picture.

Finally we headed back to the resort exhausted from our first wonderful day.
The boys just had to play with their new toys while we ordered pizza for supper.

Then it was off to bed. Where would we go tomorrow????

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
Old 03-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #21
EpcotLove
"To a new day, we go on"

ahhhh once again, your kids are so cute!!! I love this pic of them playing with the toys and the baby with the turtle .. so precious!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #22
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Ok, so I decided I would take a stab at this TR thing. I probably won't be any good at it
Looks like your doing a great job to me.

I'm enjoying reading about your trip.

Your room was great, how far was it from the different parks Disney, Sea World, Universal?

We do Sea World here in Southern California a couple of times a year, we really want to get to the one in Orlando. It looks like from your pictures it has some of the same things but also a lot of different things too. The Dolphin show looks really good.

Looking forward to the rest of your report
Old 03-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #23
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Im loving your trip report...I want more!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL you look great in the pics by the way...You have a beautiful family...I get excited seeing pics of Westgate, I love it there...so big and relaxing! Cant wait for more...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #24
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Looks like your doing a great job to me.

I'm enjoying reading about your trip.

Your room was great, how far was it from the different parks Disney, Sea World, Universal?

We do Sea World here in Southern California a couple of times a year, we really want to get to the one in Orlando. It looks like from your pictures it has some of the same things but also a lot of different things too. The Dolphin show looks really good.

Looking forward to the rest of your report
Thank you. Glad to hear you say you are enjoying it. I think it took about 5 minutes to get to Disney property, less than that for Sea World and I don't know about Universal, we've never gone there. Some day we would like to go out to California.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #25
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
Im loving your trip report...I want more!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL you look great in the pics by the way...You have a beautiful family...I get excited seeing pics of Westgate, I love it there...so big and relaxing! Cant wait for more...
Thanks. Glad to see you came back. I agree, Westgate is a nice place. I'm working on day 2 now. Not sure how soon I'll be able to get it posted.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #26
fraggle551
DIS Veteran

You're making me want to go sea world! My grandparents were there today, I'm quite jealous. You're right, it is beautiful there. I havent been since I was 7 years old, im 21 now so I don't remember much. Once again, you're kids are just adorable. Can't wait for the next update!

Kate
Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #27
mandiella
Disney Bride 1/14/07!

Wow, gorgeous pictures!!
Too bad the boys didn't get wet again, what're the odds??
Can't wait to read more...

Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #28
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Day 2, Magic Kingdom here we come!!!

We had decided to do MK for our first disney park day since we had done it before when we came in 06'. The only other disney park we were able to do this time was AK and we had never been there before. Origianally we had only budgeted for one park again It was going to be AK since we hadn't been there before and we thought it would offer the most for us to do with the baby since there weren't as many big rides and such, more walking things. However, I am in love with seeing that castle. As stated, I have become addicted to Disney World and I just couldn't bare the thought of being there without seeing the magical, beautiful castle. So, needless to say I had to make sure we could get to MK as well and fortunately we were able to do it. ANYWAY,

We woke up at a fairly good time(not good enough for the rope drop though ) and after we got ready we headed down to the main building of the resort to buy our tickets for the day. The tickets themselves were so neat I just had to take a picture.

Then we headed to a nearby McDonald's to get breakfast at the drive thru so we wouldn't be STARVING at lunch time. Finally, we saw one of the most wonderful signs in all the world....

then this..

We got parked in the Pluto section (which, oddly enough, was the same section we parked in last time) got everyone and everything we had for that day out of the van and headed to the parking lot shuttle to take us up to the entrance!

We decided that we would take the ferry this time because we took the tram last year.

Then, we were finally at Magic Kingdom. We rounded the corner and I prepared myself for that all important first view of the castle while in the park. A moment that takes my breath away and brings tears of joy to my eyes every time.

Definately had to do the usual photo op.

aren't we cute in our matching, personalized shirts?! Thanks DISign board!!

a couple of photopass pics ( ok, I can't find them right now, I guess I will throw them in later, sorry)
When we were deciding where to go first the stage show started and since we were right there we decided to stay and watch.

not many pics of the show, but like I said, I'm trying not to overwhelm you with pics so I'm cutting back

As we headed for Adventureland I just had to get this shot. I love this view of CP. It's so pretty.

sadly, we've never been in the building though and we didn't get any character dinners planned for this trip only WCC. I know, shame on us!!

Right as we entered AL we saw these guys posing for pics so of course we got in line. I'll have to figure out how to upload some video clips to here so you can see some of Cole's reaction to the characters. He got sooo excited, flailing his arms and legs, laughing and reaching for them. I think he thought they were just great big stuffed animals and he wanted to snuggle them all....sooo cute....priceless memories.

Then we were lucky enough to walk up just as soon as the pirate tutorial (?) started!!! You have to understand how happy this made my boys...and me. They are HUGE POTC fans and were thrilled that we might see Captain Jack here. A funny side note: my boys are smart enough to know that Jack Sparrow is really Johnny Depp playing a character but this guy was sooo good they were convinced he was actually Johnny Depp. I have to admitt it wasn't hard to be fooled by him. He has the character nailed. His side kick was hilarious too. Unfortunately the boys didn't get picked to particapate but they were happy just to be there seeing him.

Then of course we had to ride POTC. I found out this is a good ride to nurse a baby to sleep Here is a shot of one of the new scenes with Jack Sparrow in the ride.

VERY SADLY we never were able to catch the photo ops with Jack Sparrow. This almost brings me to tears to this day. I hope they are still doing that when we go back and we will not fail this time!

more in next post.......

Last edited by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom; 03-12-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #29
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle551 View Post
You're making me want to go sea world! My grandparents were there today, I'm quite jealous. You're right, it is beautiful there. I havent been since I was 7 years old, im 21 now so I don't remember much. Once again, you're kids are just adorable. Can't wait for the next update!

Kate
It is a beautiful place full of gorgeous scenery. Thanks for sticking with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiella View Post
Wow, gorgeous pictures!!
Too bad the boys didn't get wet again, what're the odds??
Can't wait to read more...

I KNOW!! That's what we thought. Oh well, maybe some day. Thanks for reading!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #30
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Just to tell you I am a college student studying for an exam, and I had to take a break and see your DAY 2 lol...So far soo good...Love the pics...Next time you head to MK make reservations for Crystal Palace your children will love it..and if Cole is a bit older he will enjoy it too!!! Sounds great.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: