Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."

Last edited by paulh; 04-16-2008 at 02:55 PM.
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #17
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogagirl View Post
I am suprised by how cross I feel about this, the lack of proper plates and cutlery has always bothered me, I admit when we checked into our studio for the first time and discovered plastic and paper I was shocked. I have always purchased a wine glass
Exactly the way I feel, Jules.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #18
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

we shared our plates with my Mum and dad last year because they struggled to even butter their toast with the plastic cuttlery, plus the plastic cups can be quite dangerous for young kids if its hots stuff in them.

Ali and boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
doverfox
Mouseketeer

we only just joined dvc last month but i cant understand the level of feeling about this we stopped in a cabin at fort wilderness they had horrible glass which were supposed to be jam jars couldnt get on with drinking out of them so bought my self a glass. do they do the refill cups at dvc resorts?
dave
doverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:33 AM   #20
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverfox View Post
i cant understand the level of feeling about this
There are a couple of reasons why I don't like this particular move by DVC:
  • DVC resorts are in the 'Home from Home' resort category. How many people use styrofoam mugs at home in preference to china? Yes, I could go out and buy china mugs if I want them that much, but I didn't have to in the past so I'd rather not have to now.
  • Taking away the china mugs may seem a small thing, but it's increasing the difference between the DVC studios and DVC larger accommodations and making them more like non-DVC resort rooms.
I'm not someone who automatically kicks up whenever something changes, as I know some changes can be definitely for the better. I don't happen to think this one is.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #21
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

This is the e-mail reply received from DVC on mar 30.

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us
regarding the glassware changes in our studios. We continually review
the cleaning practices in our resorts. Upon reviewing the dishware and
glassware washing process for the studio units, we realized that hand
washing wasn't sufficient to meet our cleanliness standards.

Glassware and ceramic mugs in the studios were replaced with disposables
because dishwashing machines are not available in those units. We
wanted to take action quickly and using disposables was the most
expedient solution.

We have since determined that we will be able to provide glassware and
ceramic mugs at resorts where glass washing equipment is available.
This includes Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and
the Inn rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

For all DVC stand-alone campus properties (Disney's Saratoga Springs
Resort & Spa, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island
Resort and the villas at Disney's Vero Beach Resort) that do not have
glass washers available, we will continue to utilize the disposable cups
until we can source a more environmentally friendly product. We are
investigating the possibility of installing glass washers at specified
locations throughout the stand-alone campus properties.

The disposable cups are replenished upon request. If a Guest/Member
calls to request glassware, we will provide it and remove it upon
checkout.

Your comments are important to us. Please be assured that we have
shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals.

Thank you again for your message.

Sincerely,
Magdalene
Disney Vacation Club
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #22
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Thanks for posting

That actually makes a lot of sense to me with regard to the availability of dish-washing facilities in the resorts that are not exclusively DVC, but not the stand-alone DVC locations.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:05 AM   #23
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

Last edited by paulh; 04-16-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #24
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Thanks for posting that.

Was not looking forward to drinking hot coffee out of styrofoam cups.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #25
UKDEB

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
This is the e-mail reply received from DVC on mar 30.

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us
regarding the glassware changes in our studios. We continually review
the cleaning practices in our resorts. Upon reviewing the dishware and
glassware washing process for the studio units, we realized that hand
washing wasn't sufficient to meet our cleanliness standards.

Glassware and ceramic mugs in the studios were replaced with disposables
because dishwashing machines are not available in those units. We
wanted to take action quickly and using disposables was the most
expedient solution.

We have since determined that we will be able to provide glassware and
ceramic mugs at resorts where glass washing equipment is available.
This includes Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and
the Inn rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

For all DVC stand-alone campus properties (Disney's Saratoga Springs
Resort & Spa, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island
Resort and the villas at Disney's Vero Beach Resort) that do not have
glass washers available, we will continue to utilize the disposable cups
until we can source a more environmentally friendly product. We are
investigating the possibility of installing glass washers at specified
locations throughout the stand-alone campus properties.

The disposable cups are replenished upon request. If a Guest/Member
calls to request glassware, we will provide it and remove it upon
checkout.

Your comments are important to us. Please be assured that we have
shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals.

Thank you again for your message.

Sincerely,
Magdalene
Disney Vacation Club
So does that mean we have to request replacement disposables every time we use them, or will they provide sufficient for length-of-stay? And are they saying we can have ceramic mugs and glassware if we ask for it? If we have to keep calling for replacements anyway, we may as well ask for regular mugs and glasses. Or am I reading this wrong?

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
Old 03-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #26
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Paulh

Last edited by paulh; 04-16-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
mikki.young
Knows Dreams do come true!

CMs still appear a little confused. One person has been able to get put on their requests when making the reservation to get cups, plates and glasses. Another person tried and was told under no circumstances would they be given cups or glasses - but oh we are leaving the dish soap for the coffee maker (but the main dvc dis boards say you don't use soap to wash that? )
Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #28
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Paulh

Last edited by paulh; 04-16-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #29
mickg7dyd
DIS Veteran

Hi,
In the past we have asked housekeeping for "real" crockery and cutlery and they have always provided them. Hope this will still be the case now.

Mick.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.!
mickg7dyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #30
UKDEB

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
well after watching tonight with trevor macdonald.I`am glad there removing them from the studios
I didn't see this, but I'm guessing this is yet another expose surrounding the practices of hotel cleaning staff.

The point with the DVC Studios is that they do have a sink and washing-up liquid which enables those staying there to clean the utensils to their own satisfaction. In any event, I understand there's been another change of heart and Disney is considering installing facilities across all DVC resorts to enable the continued provision of glass and crockery.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: