Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Again...your kidding me right?! Fun at the World & Beyond!**UPDATED 3-7-09**Chap 6**

Again... your kidding me right… 14 nights of fun at the world and beyond…

As many Trip Reports before me… and many after I will start with the usual fare…

The Cast of Characters

Myself…Tanya… 31…The teller of this tale of fun and excitement. The lover of all things Disney… The mother of 3 gorgeous children (if I do say so myself ) I am a full time working mom who works a lot of OT to make it so that we can afford to go yearly and so that my wonderful DH can stay at home with the kids because that’s how we roll baby! This year will be our 4th trip as a family (Ry’s technical 3rd trip.. but he was at the 1st trip just no pics to prove it ) The kids and I love all things Disney… not that DH doesn’t he just doesn’t love it quite as much as us hehe… Ok… back to me… I am an internet junkie, a Dis junkie… man oh man do I need a 12 step program … NOT! I love my obsession.. It could be worse hehe..

DH… the Driver of the Journey… yes… we drive… From Colorado… every year… by his choice… he won’t fly… so we have to endure 28 hours of Joy in our minivan… He is a big fan of Grumpy for many reasons… but mostly because when he first wakes he resembles Grumpy in every way. He also loves Tigger… a lot! The only character he will insisit on getting a picture with…. How does he go from one end of the spectrum to the other… no clue… but he does… and it’s all good hehe… DH is a lover of all things sports… Hockey mostly, but he watches them all. He roots for the home teams no matter how they are doing, unlike myself (I don’t root for the Broncos ) He allows me to go crazy with the planning without giving to much input unless I tell him something that he doesn’t want/like to do and then we’ll figure out what works best. Usually it’s me going w/ Mini while he and the boys do something different for that time.

Forest …12 going on 20 … The oldest and Dopeyist of the bunch… yeas he loves Dopey… and likes to act just as Dopy as the real thing… He loves him some High School Musical… no matter what his friends say! I love that he isn’t afraid to be a kiddo when we go to Disney, he’s not afraid to be silly… hug characters… wear mickey ears… He is my planning go to guy since DH doesn’t like to go crazy talking about Disney… When I have an idea I run it past my little helper… When I do a chapter on my trippie he reads it and corrects me if I say something wrong, He reads my itinerary, plans, menus to see what he would like to do, eat, whatever… And he is the biggest help in the world. The best eldest child I could have ever asked for… even if he does suffer from teenage angst… yes… we get the teenage attitude from him.. but all things considered he’s a great kid!

Mini…. 4 year old Princess!! She is our Beauty… our headache… and our Bosslady… she runs the show a lot of the time… not really … but she sure tries… Mini is a wonderful kid for the most part, just very Stubborn. She is her mother’s daughter in every sense of those words. She loves Disney every bit as much as I do and would love to live there if she could. As far as she’s concerned Cinderella Castle is “My La Castle” and you can’t tell her any different… She is “best friends” with all of the princesses and they always are glad to see her. Mini has had a lot of wonderful experiences with them in her many trips at such a young age. I can’t wait to see how much fun she has with all the plans this year.

Ry… the baby…. Cutie pie… Goofy thru and thru… he’s a silly boy and just enjoys being a kid. He is momma’s little man and is quicly becoming just as in love with Disney as his sister and myself. He mostly loves the Playhouse Disney characters… Doodlebops first and foremost… Ry is full of go go go and has only 1 fear… water… no clue why… but he just doesn’t like it… except for in the shower… maybe it’s a cold water thing… I have no idea… we are hoping he’ll be over that by the time we go this year so he can enjoy pool breaks like everyone else since he’ll probably be done with naps by the time we go. He loves the movie Cars so I can’t wait to do the character meet n greet w/ Lightning and Mater with him…

A little about our WDW backround…

Ok… so now you know about us…. Now why the heck are we going AGAIN this year…. Well that’s simple… because we love it… and DH and I have a deal that we’ll keep going once a year until the kids ask us not to go … or until the youngest one turns 18… I have a feeling it will be the latter of the 2. WOOT Woot! What does he get… A boat and a Harley… when we can afford it

So this year the main reason for being able to go however was the fact that while we were there last year SEE TRIP REPORT **in progress***HERE we were able to book the Bounceback so that we could go same time the following year with the Free Dining program we were using for that vacation and the year prior’s Vacation (SEE HERE)

We have a wonderful time when we are at Disney and do our best to keep the outside World out while we are there… a few calls home here and there just to check on the pets and be sure all is going ok at work (better safe than sorry but no actual work done on vacation) We do our best to rest in the middle of each day … be it swimming or napping and try to do at least 1 day in the middle of the trip to go to the beach, usually Daytona, but this year we are going to try something new and different, we haven’t decided where just yet…

Why the title? Well because as many of you know a lot of people we know thing we are nuts for going to the same place every year… and a few of them have actually said that… well the first part… the 2nd part is our feelings about it hehe… We love it… and it’s not our fault if they are boring and don’t wanna have FUN FUN FUN!!! And the tale tells itself when each year more of our friends and family want to join us…. Like last year… and this year we already have one of my coworkers and her family going while we are there and the potential of 2 or 3 others going if free dining is announced hehe.

So sit on back and join us on this journey…. We have less than 6 months till the trip and this is where I’ll be posting every few days… if not every day…

Our dates are ... as of now.... August 31st till September 14th.... Staying at Pop Century with the bounceback dining plan. That may change depending on dates for Free Dining offer that is rumored to come out on April 10th...

Soo… what will we be doing… tune in for the next episode of…. Again... your kidding me right… 14 nights of fun at the world and beyond…

Chapter List
Chapter I - The time has arrived
Chapter II - Would we drive straight thru? Or stop along the way?
Chapter III - We have Arrived baby!!!

Last edited by Tanya90210; 03-08-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
heath-and-javens-mom
I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that a bad thing? I think not. :)

First POSTER!! and awaiting pictures LOL--- So glad to be aboard, and cannot wait to meet up with you all again this year!!
WL 08
WL 09

ME (32) DH (40) DS (11) DS (8)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm here Tanya!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am here too.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I'm here Tanya!
Yay... welcome my canadian hand twin!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I am here too.
Whoo hooo my favorite picture taker is here!!! He takes more shots than me
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath-and-javens-mom View Post
First POSTER!! and awaiting pictures LOL--- So glad to be aboard, and cannot wait to meet up with you all again this year!!
Yeah u were girl... pics are up
Old 03-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
heath-and-javens-mom

LOVE the pics!! You have such a wonderful family...... and I just wanna steal Ry's hair-Its sooo flippin cute!!!!!!!!!!
WL 08
WL 09

Old 03-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I'm in too! You have adorable children! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post
Whoo hooo my favorite picture taker is here!!! He takes more shots than me
thank you. your goal when you go is over 3082 that was my total. have fun.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #9
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
thank you. your goal when you go is over 3082 that was my total. have fun.
Too bad for me you'll be there too and probably go over that.... my last years total for 10 days was 2125.... but I am hoping to double this year hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I'm in too! You have adorable children! Can't wait to hear more!
Awww thanks.... more to come very soon
Quote:
LOVE the pics!! You have such a wonderful family...... and I just wanna steal Ry's hair-Its sooo flippin cute!!!!!!!!!!
boy are u gonna be sad when he gets his 1st haircut while we are at wdw... you can have a lock if you really want it lol
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

"T" I just love, love, love your reports.. It get's me so excited for our next trip.. Keep em comin sister

Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #11
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
"T" I just love, love, love your reports.. It get's me so excited for our next trip.. Keep em comin sister
awww!!! you da best Keli!!! I am so glad I get to see u again
Old 03-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

Count me in too
Old 03-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #13
heath-and-javens-mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya90210 View Post

boy are u gonna be sad when he gets his 1st haircut while we are at wdw... you can have a lock if you really want it lol

Aww- I think that will be awsome You can keep the locks for yorself though
WL 08
WL 09

Old 03-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
Tanya90210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
Count me in too
wecome!!! Glad to have ya!
Quote:
Aww- I think that will be awsome You can keep the locks for yorself though
hehe.. there's gonna be a bunch as u can see by his full head o hair hehe... and they put some in an envelope w/ confetti for us hehe... lol I am so excited for it... we did w/ mini and was such fun...
Old 03-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Hi Tanya

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: