Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #661
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

aggiegirl1234,
You're pictures look great so thanks for posting them.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #662
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran
 
goopysolelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellville, TX
Posts: 22,738

Aggiegirl1234...great photos! Love the view you had. Noticed on one shot you could see the hot air balloon from Downtown Disney...I saw the CR from the balloon ride last year! We'll be there next month...hope our view is as good as yours! Thanks for posting.
__________________
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #663
cburek
Mouseketeer
 
cburek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 257

thanks for the photos they were great. will be there on saturday, cant wait!

just realized I made a rhyme
__________________
cburek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #664
aggiegirl1234
Mouseketeer
 
aggiegirl1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
aggiegirl1234,
You're pictures look great so thanks for posting them.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post
Aggiegirl1234...great photos! Love the view you had. Noticed on one shot you could see the hot air balloon from Downtown Disney...I saw the CR from the balloon ride last year! We'll be there next month...hope our view is as good as yours! Thanks for posting.
You're welcome! I loved coming back from the parks and sitting on the balcony! It was so peaceful and gorgeous! I was so excited to see the balloon first thing when we checked out the balcony, and I was surprised how close everything was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburek View Post
thanks for the photos they were great. will be there on saturday, cant wait!

just realized I made a rhyme
You're welcome! And I'm so jealous, I wish I was back there now! Have a great time, you'll love the CR!
__________________
aggiegirl1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #665
cburek
Mouseketeer
 
cburek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiegirl1234 View Post
You're welcome!



You're welcome! I loved coming back from the parks and sitting on the balcony! It was so peaceful and gorgeous! I was so excited to see the balloon first thing when we checked out the balcony, and I was surprised how close everything was.



You're welcome! And I'm so jealous, I wish I was back there now! Have a great time, you'll love the CR!
thanks! i will try to post from there on saturday
__________________
cburek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #666
aggiegirl1234
Mouseketeer
 
aggiegirl1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburek View Post
thanks! i will try to post from there on saturday
Great! I can't wait to see them!
__________________
aggiegirl1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #667
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyNDecember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 1,054

[QUOTE=aggiegirl1234;37296503]Hello Contemporary fans! I stayed at the CR at the end of May and had a great time! We stayed in the tower with a Bay Lake view. Our room was perfect, and staying in the tower was very convenient. Just thought I'd share my pictures!

[/IMG]
Checking out the room


Bay Lake view


We actually used one of the sinks as a counter since there really wasn't any counter space


Comfy beds!

The next shots are all views from the balcony as you're looking right to left









Me! I was really happy with the view!


DBF walking out of the room as I'm taking a picture of the door We were on the 11th floor on the farthest side of the building


Inside view from right outside our door. I could walk out and see Wishes perfectly! It was also very quiet and the view was the best


View looking left from the door


View looking down


Morning view of the lake...my non-existant photography skills don't do it justice


Rainbow over Bay Lake...it was actually a full rainbow but I couldn't get it all in one shot


View of the castle from the 15th floor observation deck

Shelley,
My son & I are staying in a Bay Lake View room in Dec for the first time. I love your desciption & photos. So, I see you stayed in the 11th floor, room # 4723. The 11th floor is the highest floor, correct for a Bay Lake View room, right? Also, you mentioned Room 4723 was quiet & it appears your view was amazing, so I believe I am going to request that room#, thank you !!!

Also, to get to the 15th floor observation deck, you have to have a California Grill dinner reservation, right?

I have never stayed at the Contemporary before, so your photos & titles were soooooo helpful to me !!! Thank you!

__________________
DisneyNDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #668
logimech
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9

Excellent view, was it a atrium level or not?


Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlRose330 View Post
some more...









Grand Floridian from balcony(no zoom)


Grand Floridian from Balcony(w/zoom)


Magic Kingdom from balcony(w/zoom)


Magic Kingdom from balcony(w/zoom)
logimech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #669
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyNDecember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 1,054

Are there any new photos of the Contempo Cafe since it was moved to the 4th floor?
__________________
DisneyNDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #670
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
Are there any new photos of the Contempo Cafe since it was moved to the 4th floor?
I will be taking some brand new photos of it when I am there in a few weeks.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #671
aggiegirl1234
Mouseketeer
 
aggiegirl1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 224

Quote:
Shelley,
My son & I are staying in a Bay Lake View room in Dec for the first time. I love your desciption & photos. So, I see you stayed in the 11th floor, room # 4723. The 11th floor is the highest floor, correct for a Bay Lake View room, right? Also, you mentioned Room 4723 was quiet & it appears your view was amazing, so I believe I am going to request that room#, thank you !!!

Also, to get to the 15th floor observation deck, you have to have a California Grill dinner reservation, right?

I have never stayed at the Contemporary before, so your photos & titles were soooooo helpful to me !!! Thank you!

Hello! Sorry I didn't respond sooner! I saw your PM and sent you a message back, but to answer your questions here... Yes, 11 is the highest floor if you're not staying club level. I think we actually got the room by requesting the highest floor possible and away from Chef Mickey's. If 4723 isn't available, there is one more room to the left of it on that floor which is 4724, and the one to the right is 4722. I think the next time we stay at the CR I'm going to request 4723, it really is the perfect room!

To answer your next question, yes, you must have a reservation at Cali Grill to get to use the 15th floor observation deck. That restaurant was AMAZING!

You and your son will LOVE the CR! It's so convenient, especially with the monorail right there and the resort being so compact compared to the others. It's restaurants are great, the views are amazing, the rooms are so modern and comfortable. You're making me want to go back! Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions!
__________________
aggiegirl1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #672
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyNDecember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 1,054

Shelley, I got your PM, thank you !!! Great info !!
One more question, it appears there is not very many drawer's for clothing in the rooms. Question.... In the area beside the desk area, is there a group of drawers to put clothes in? The only one's I can see from everyone's photos is the small drawer on the end table area, is there any dresser drawers for clothing? If so, where are they in the room?

__________________
DisneyNDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #673
kimgof
DIS Veteran
 
kimgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: new jersey(outside Philly)
Posts: 742

I am thinking of trying to book the Garden Wing standard view for next year and was wondering how long the walk is to the main building for the monorail and restaurants? Also, since we would be going in the summer, how long is the walk to MK? It is sure to be extremely hot so I just wanted to see if it is not too long. Thanks for any info!
__________________

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #674
aggiegirl1234
Mouseketeer
 
aggiegirl1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
Shelley, I got your PM, thank you !!! Great info !!
One more question, it appears there is not very many drawer's for clothing in the rooms. Question.... In the area beside the desk area, is there a group of drawers to put clothes in? The only one's I can see from everyone's photos is the small drawer on the end table area, is there any dresser drawers for clothing? If so, where are they in the room?

Well, there were the two nightstands that had two drawers each. And then there are two closets in the entry hall. You can see pictures from allears here:

http://allears.net/acc/cont09a.jpg
http://allears.net/acc/cont09a12.jpg

So I don't think there actually is a dresser, but I'm not 100% sure because DBF and I both lived out of suitcases while we were there Hope that helps!
__________________
aggiegirl1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #675
whitney37354
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
I am thinking of trying to book the Garden Wing standard view for next year and was wondering how long the walk is to the main building for the monorail and restaurants? Also, since we would be going in the summer, how long is the walk to MK? It is sure to be extremely hot so I just wanted to see if it is not too long. Thanks for any info!
The walk from the wing to the main building can't be more than three or four minutes. The walk to MK is about ten minutes.
whitney37354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: