Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #646
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartTink04 View Post
We are staying at the Contemporary at the end of June and we have a MK view. I was wondering if they pipe the music to the rooms during the fireworks show like they do at the California Grill?
If you turn on channel 20 during Wishes that is where the music is played.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #647
nellyru
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up WooHoo!!

Thanks everyone for posting all of your photos!
We are going there this coming December and it makes it even that more exciting to see photos from all of you!

I didn't want it to end though! Looking forward to seeing some new photos and eventually posting some of my own!
nellyru is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #648
vod2117
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
I just love how professional this photo looks.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #649
stevereno31
Earning My Ears

Trying to decide where to stay in Dec...are your MK view pics all zoomed in?
stevereno31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #650
stevereno31
Earning My Ears

Trying to decide where to stay for the best view...are your MK view pics zoomed in?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #651
stevereno31
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
This is my families Magic Kingdom view from room 4840 which is on the 12th floor.

Here is another photo that I took of the Contemporary while on the Resort Monorail going towards the Magic Kingdom.

The pics of the view from your room...are they zoomed in? Trying to decide where to stay, and I have heard some horror stories of seeing lots of parking lot from CR.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #652
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevereno31 View Post
The pics of the view from your room...are they zoomed in? Trying to decide where to stay, and I have heard some horror stories of seeing lots of parking lot from CR.
I might have zoomed in a little on the Magic Kingdom View, however I don't remember since I took that picture in 2006.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #653
herewego1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Trying to decide where to stay for the best view...are your MK view pics zoomed in?
Sorry to jump in but wanted to address your question. I know I didn't take the original picture posted, but we actually stayed in that room last December! It is zoomed in. However, we have only ever stayed at the CR with a MK view. It is great! If you notice in the picture posted, there are cars and that is the parking lot in front of the hotel so while the parking lot is there below, MK is in the distance. At Christmas, the CR has a HUGE tree decorated for Christmas in the same the area where the parking lot is. In all honesty, I never really think about the parking lot below with the MK view.
herewego1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #654
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

Quote:
Some people do say that, but honestly for us, you had to look down to see the parking lot. My eyes naturally look straight out to which I saw the MK. I was to busy looking at the fireworks and other stuff to focus on the parking lot.

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
of the seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #655
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's an unzoomed pic:

So the parking lot is definitely there. But fortunately, when you're in you're room, you'll most likely see the lagoon/MK as you look straight across. Even on the balcony, your eyes will be drawn to Space Mountain, the Castle, the monorail, the boats traversing the lagoon, and the spinning Astro Orbiter.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #656
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
So the parking lot is definitely there. But fortunately, when you're in you're room, you'll most likely see the lagoon/MK as you look straight across. Even on the balcony, your eyes will be drawn to Space Mountain, the Castle, the monorail, the boats traversing the lagoon, and the spinning Astro Orbiter.
That's exactly what I say to those who are worried about seeing the parking lot and etc.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #657
herewego1
Mouseketeer

One more thing about the parking lot-It is there and as several others have said you don't really mind it as you look out to MK and the castle. But it is actually kind of exciting (in my opinion) to see the road,parking lot in the morning as the park, resort and disney transportation system (monorail, buses) come alive!
herewego1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #658
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego1 View Post
One more thing about the parking lot-It is there and as several others have said you don't really mind it as you look out to MK and the castle. But it is actually kind of exciting (in my opinion) to see the road,parking lot in the morning as the park, resort and disney transportation system (monorail, buses) come alive!
I agree.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #659
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Speaking of parking lots- I know we will be seeing them for our upcoming stay at the CR. We have a standard Garden wing room, so I accept that our view will not be great- it's OK, we are just excited to be staying in the CR for the first time.

I am wondering if anyone has any pics of the view from a standard garden room. I have seen plenty of garden view pics, and of course lots of lovely tower view pics, but I don't think I've ever seen any standard views. And I just wonder how much parking lot we will be seeing...or if there is some foliage blocking it just a little.

I am enjoying all the pictures!
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #660
aggiegirl1234
Mouseketeer

Hello Contemporary fans! I stayed at the CR at the end of May and had a great time! We stayed in the tower with a Bay Lake view. Our room was perfect, and staying in the tower was very convenient. Just thought I'd share my pictures!

Arriving at the CR on the Magical Express

Checking out the room

Bay Lake view

We actually used one of the sinks as a counter since there really wasn't any counter space

Comfy beds!

The next shots are all views from the balcony as you're looking right to left

Me! I was really happy with the view!

DBF walking out of the room as I'm taking a picture of the door We were on the 11th floor on the farthest side of the building

Inside view from right outside our door. I could walk out and see Wishes perfectly! It was also very quiet and the view was the best

View looking left from the door

View looking down

Morning view of the lake...my non-existant photography skills don't do it justice

Rainbow over Bay Lake...it was actually a full rainbow but I couldn't get it all in one shot

Classic Disney cartoons on channel 96 (this was on for the duration of our trip!)

View of the castle from the 15th floor observation deck

Looking through the skylight on the top of the CR

View of Space Mountain from the 15th floor observation deck. Yep, it was that close

View from our table at Narcoosee's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: