Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
amyren
DIS Veteran

Pre-planning for May / June 2015 questions

Hello
I've just returned from Tokyo Disney Resort and am now in the beginning stages of planning a Europe trip for May/June 2015 including DLP! We've actually been to DLP once before (2011) and had a great time. My main question is does anyone know the approximate dates of the French summer break and does this have much effect on crowd level? We can leave the US as early as May 22 and we've booked the DCL Baltic cruise May 31 - June 6. I'm currently trying to decide if we should do DLP before or after our cruise. Thanks in advance!
-Poly Jan '09 - AKL Nov '09 - GF Sept '10 -DCL Wonder Sept '10 - DLP June '11 - DCL Magic June '11 - DCL Magic Nov '11 - CR Jan '12 - YC June '12 - Poly June '13 - WL Oct '13 - POLY Feb '14 - TDR June '14 - Aulani June '14
amyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
adcadc
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Firstly I'd just like to say I am super jealous of your trip to Tokyo Disney, I've been dying to go there for years!

There are a few main holidays in France around the summer months, one during the last week of May (So around the 24th till the 31st).

Most of June is pretty much usually free of holidays, the proper school holidays start around the end of June/early July and then go right up to the end of August/Early September. So July-August is going to be your busier months.

It doesn't have a gigantic effect on crowd level but of course the parks are busier in the holiday seasons, but it really does depend on when you go. I've heard the earlier weeks of June are fairly quiet, and if you're lucky the weather should still be pretty beautiful too, so maybe consider going right after your cruise?

July and August is always more busy because you are at the heart of the summer break at that point + the weather is usually very hot. However I took a trip to Disney during mid July a couple of years back and still managed to do loads. It was rather busy yet we still managed to do lots of things in both Parks.

Planning is really key here, because if you have (even a rough) idea of what you want to see and do you can make the most of your trip, even if you are battling crowds.

But yes if you really are looking to beat the crowds, I'd recommend early June

Hope this helps you, happy holiday planning
adcadc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #3
e1sa
Earning My Ears

Although the spring into spring season will not be on in June, only from March-May, so it depends if you wanted to see that?
e1sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:15 AM   #4
addverbaan
Mouseketeer

The weekend of 22nd to 25th may is a long holiday weekend in france and much else of europe so I would definately avoid those dates. I think your best bet would be early june as there are no holidays I can see then that will affect your trip - but do try to avoid weekends as then the park is much busier. Have a fab trip!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
amyren
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the responses! I'm excited to start planning. The only other major variable influencing our dates will be airline ticket prices.

Ideally we'd like to see Paris, DLP a couple of nights in London and the cruise just not sure how to cram that into about 16-17 days. DH says he will not take more than 2 weeks off of work so we have 2 work weeks plus weekends. DH and I have done both London & Paris (twice each) but would love to take our kids at least for a couple of nights.

I may have more questions as I get my itinerary together.
thanks again!
-Poly Jan '09 - AKL Nov '09 - GF Sept '10 -DCL Wonder Sept '10 - DLP June '11 - DCL Magic June '11 - DCL Magic Nov '11 - CR Jan '12 - YC June '12 - Poly June '13 - WL Oct '13 - POLY Feb '14 - TDR June '14 - Aulani June '14
amyren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: