Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #811
IDoDis
Knows the password to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge

A friend of mine called US Goldbuyers yesterday and they said they were no longer accepting gold for the time being. Has anyone else been told this?
Disney World ~ Pop Century, May '06
Disney World ~Windsor Hills, May '08
Disney World ~Wilderness Lodge, June '09
Disneyland ~ Offsite, Oct '10
Disney World ~ Boardwalk Inn, June '12
IDoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #812
weeluvdisney
Mouseketeer

To IDODIS:
There is an answer to your question a few pages back, I'm sorry I don't remember exactly what it is though. It doesn't seem like anyone from Dis Boards that has sent a package there had it rejected or sent back though.

I also wanted to add to my previous post and say that I haven't yet asked about sending my silver ware. If I decide to sell it, I'll call then and ask if they take silver ware.
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #813
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

you guys rock!

I just want to say thanks to all-- I sold a few TEENY pieces.. I was hoping for $35-$40-- got $100!

woo hoo! thanks!!!
jen

p.s. I used goldfellow and got the 10% disboard rate too
jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #814
Lisa06468
DIS Veteran

Goldfellows takes silverware.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:11 AM   #815
krdisneybound

After 5000 posts, the tag fairy found me!
Patience is a virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa06468 View Post
Goldfellows takes silverware.
yes, they do. Anything silver.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:11 AM   #816
Lisa06468
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoDis View Post
A friend of mine called US Goldbuyers yesterday and they said they were no longer accepting gold for the time being. Has anyone else been told this?
From what Ive read, if you already had the fedex packaging materials from USGB they are taking it whenever you send it. I think that right now they are not answering the phones (automated message) and therefore you can not talk to anyone about getting the materials. So you have to wait.

If you use goldfellow, you can print the fedex form right from their site and sent it in.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #817
weeluvdisney
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the heads up on silverware, I shouls just send it to get it out of my way, I'm the opposite of a pack rat.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #818
momof3littlelilos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoDis View Post
Yup...I was told to hold on to it until Friday even after I'd downloaded the papers...in the interim I decided to go with goldfellow.
momof3littlelilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #819
mikeesuee
Mouseketeer

They called Saturday with my offer and I got my check yesterday(Thursday)
mikeesuee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #820
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

I'm getting nervous!!!

I read that a pp on page 54 got her call last night and I still haven't received mine yet (our packages were delivered on the same day).

I am just so anxious to hear the offer already!! I think about it all the time!! I have a gram scale at home and I figured that I should be getting somewhere around $1800. But what will they really offer? I think I would accept as low as $1500. But what if they offer lower than that? (I told you I think about it All the time!!!) I just want to get the call already. The waiting is killing me very slowly!!

Okay...I'm done freaking out for the moment! Thanks for listening!
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Crazy Mother of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #821
rae662000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Mother of Two View Post
I'm getting nervous!!!

I read that a pp on page 54 got her call last night and I still haven't received mine yet (our packages were delivered on the same day).

I am just so anxious to hear the offer already!! I think about it all the time!! I have a gram scale at home and I figured that I should be getting somewhere around $1800. But what will they really offer? I think I would accept as low as $1500. But what if they offer lower than that? (I told you I think about it All the time!!!) I just want to get the call already. The waiting is killing me very slowly!!

Okay...I'm done freaking out for the moment! Thanks for listening!

I can see why you are freaking out!!! That is a sizeable amount of money . Hang in there you will be in no time.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #822
tazleiten12
DIS Veteran

Do you know what they paid you for the silver dollar, i have a few and im wondering what they are worth?
THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeluvdisney View Post
Sorry this is long.............
This is my first post in this thread. I read this from the start and could not decide if I wanted to send my stuff. No sentimental ties or majorly valuable stuff, just knew I wouldn't get what I paid for. Finally decided, whenever you sell something you don't want or need anymore you never get what you paid. I packaged up 3 small rings, 2 were 10 k and one 14 k, 2 short very thin chains, 14 k, 5 small pendants or charms, most likely 10k, 3 silver necklaces, silver class ring, 3 one ounce fine silver dollards for weight, not dollar value, one 1890 silver dollar for dollar value not weight (called a coin dealer ahead of time and because the mint wasn't rare it was worth about 12.00) and a bar of silver made to look like a 100 dollar bill (someone won this and didnt want it and gave it to me, it was pretty heavy). Called fedex monday and sent to USGB, they rec'd it tues. at 3:00 and called me tonight at 7:30. Offered 259.00 total (101.00 for gold and 158.00 for silver) I took it. I was thinking I would get around 165.00 so I was happy. They were fine to work with and I was surprised I was called in 2 days. I may send some real silver ware that someone gave me that I've never used in 12 years. All of it would be pretty heavy. Heavier then the silver I sent this time and then I can free up a drawer it's sitting in.

MARIE Disney Nut Since 1993! DVC Member since 2006!
tazleiten12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #823
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooknwdw View Post
A question for anyone who has accepted an offer from USGB and requested a check instead of paypal...
how long did it take for you to recieve it??
It took two days from the time I accepted to receiving the check. It's in the bank now!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #824
Brooknwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
It took two days from the time I accepted to receiving the check. It's in the bank now!

Wow, thats fast! I think I will stick to my decision to ask for a check, it is so tempting to take paypal but it doesn't sound any faster anyway!
Thanks!

Oh..USGB signed for my package exactly 48 hours ago...still waiting for the call!

Brook Ken DS14 DS12
Brooknwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #825
TheLittleRoo
DIS Veteran

OK!!! After watching this thread since it was only 10 pages long (!!) I've decided to jump into the mix!

I called USGB today and followed their email instructions on FedExing to them. The FedEx man came by only about an hour after I requested my pickup. I'M SO EXCITED!!! They told me it would be more than 24-48 hours to hear back but I'm okay with that as long as I'm told upfront what to expect. They said they're getting 5000 shipments per day!

I sent in almost 2 grams of gold (14 and 18K, mostly 18K) according to my rinky-dink postal scale. I'm thinking that might bring in $1200?? I can't wait to hear what their offer is!
TheLittleRoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: