Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #3331
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by friend2Figment View Post
I got a call from USGB they gave me a payout amount of $356.52, one of the items were silver so it only got $1.52 for the silver.

Is that what you were hoping for? I know gold prices have dropped a bit from where they were so I'm still holding out hoping prices come back up.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #3332
8disneyfans
Living the dream

Going Rate...

Does anyone know what the going rate is right now?

October 2007***Pop Century
May 2008***Pop Century
October 2008- All Star Movies(14 days!!!)
September 2009 first staycation*** All Star Music
8disneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #3333
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Question

Any recent updates?
I checked usgb and todays payout is 979.99 per ounce between 3 and 25 ounce for 14K...
market price of gold is at 1738.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #3334
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Wink SOME recent INFO RE: GOLD

today I went to a local place (within 30 minute ride) that is very reputable and very popular to get rid of some gold. The price today for gold (market) was 1773. when I walked in their door. They basically said that they melt everything and are literally taking little to anything to resell as there is NO one buying the gold they have (there is basically an entire three walls/showcases filled with it all and a myriad of other items as well), . They quoted me a lower price then I anticipated based on research I did (and USGB PRINTED online/phone call payout)
WHen I told them that USGB was at 999. for 14K (payout 3-25ounce ), they said it was not possible and they intimated 745. for the same amount (IMHO, a HUGE difference)...They thought I was not being forthcoming and told me that if that was what I had been offered, I should go with USGB. I actually had them pull it up online and they saw it for themselves. They appeared to be shocked and knew I was walking at that point.
Needless to say, I left without cash on hand as It was foolish for me to sell it to them.
What they then told me was that they have to keep "anything" they get for 21 days by law (allegedly to be sure it was not stolen, tho I have no idea how that works??) They said they cannot pay out like usgb ....no comparison in Volume...makes sense to me......
and that they do not melt it themselves, so i guess they are in effect a middle man for me...and thats why they also pay out less...
Interesting.......so its back to nyc early next week..Think Gold is going to be going up even more as it generally does when there is all the world strife, as it sadly is right now.
So, if you are contemplating getting rid of some gold, ASK Q's, and compare (atleast to USGB) and no i have NO connection at ALL to usgb...they just seem to be paying the most and I learned about them here on the dis..
Enjoy your weekend!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #3335
airforcemomof2
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have the promotional code for USGB for first time sellers?
Planning our next adventure for Halloween 2014!
Christmas at Disney!! 19 - 27 Dec 12 @ POP
FW cabins Aug 25 - Sep 2, 2010!
11 WONDERful nights on the Wonder 2006
Mother/daughter Epcot trip 2003
First family trip 2002
airforcemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #3336
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforcemomof2 View Post
Does anyone have the promotional code for USGB for first time sellers?

Wondering this also! Anyone know?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #3337
wendow
DIS Veteran

Found this on their website:

Promotions
Qualifications for Promotional Code 3477
- First time customers only
- Minimum of one (1) ozt. of fine gold
- Not to be combined with any other offer(s)
- Must state promotional code on the included "Method of Payment Form"
Old 11-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #3338
brattosa
Mouseketeer

Understanding the impact of Sandy on the New York community, I wanted to share my experience with US Gold Buyers with the DisBoard community.

I completed their online form on 24-Oct, received PDF instructions on shipping my gold to them, and received a follow-up phone call the same day confirming I received the instructions. Since my gold was less than one ounce in total weight, I followed the directions on their PDF and shipped it via USPS on 27-Oct at my expense using my own packaging. Today I checked the USPS website for delivery confirmation and was surprised and disappointed to see that US Gold Buyers refused delivery of my shipment yesterday, 2-Nov. The items are now en route back to me. I understand if the postal service experienced delays in delivery due to the storm but there is nothing on US Gold Buyer's website stating that they are not accepting items, their 1-800 phone number has an automated message referring callers to their local phone number to which nobody answered when I called. Since their representative called me on 24-Oct to confirm I received the PDF instructions, a proactive follow-up call should have been made if they were planning on suspending accepting items due to impact of the storm. This was my first experience with US Gold Buyers and, based on this poor experience, I will not be doing business with them again.
May '78-Offsite • June '95-Offsite • May '97-ASM & Contemporary (Honeymoon) • Nov '98-POFQ • June '99-ASM • May '02-ASM • May '05-Pop • May '08-Pop & Contemporary • June '10-SSR • Nov '12 SSR • May '14 SSR

DVC SSR Member
brattosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #3339
jms920
Mouseketeer

There could have been no place to deliver it to, or no open business to accept it for many reasons. The impact of Sandy on NYC has been devastating. Flooding, deaths, no place to live, no power (to access internet) no internet access even if there was power, no phone service, and, very poor cell phone service. In understanding the impact of Sandy, if it were me, I would cut NYGB a little slack here. They are a reputable, good company to deal with. Considering what people have lost, the postage for a small package is very little. JMHO

JoAnn
jms920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #3340
Angie789
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattosa View Post
Understanding the impact of Sandy on the New York community, I wanted to share my experience with US Gold Buyers with the DisBoard community.

I completed their online form on 24-Oct, received PDF instructions on shipping my gold to them, and received a follow-up phone call the same day confirming I received the instructions. Since my gold was less than one ounce in total weight, I followed the directions on their PDF and shipped it via USPS on 27-Oct at my expense using my own packaging. Today I checked the USPS website for delivery confirmation and was surprised and disappointed to see that US Gold Buyers refused delivery of my shipment yesterday, 2-Nov. The items are now en route back to me. I understand if the postal service experienced delays in delivery due to the storm but there is nothing on US Gold Buyer's website stating that they are not accepting items, their 1-800 phone number has an automated message referring callers to their local phone number to which nobody answered when I called. Since their representative called me on 24-Oct to confirm I received the PDF instructions, a proactive follow-up call should have been made if they were planning on suspending accepting items due to impact of the storm. This was my first experience with US Gold Buyers and, based on this poor experience, I will not be doing business with them again.
Seriously... are we being punk'd here? Someone is upset that a company in NYC isn't "business as usual" in the wake of all the devastation of the hurricane? Wow, just wow. SMH.
Angie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #3341
brattosa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie789 View Post
Seriously... are we being punk'd here? Someone is upset that a company in NYC isn't "business as usual" in the wake of all the devastation of the hurricane? Wow, just wow. SMH.
No, you're not being "punked" and I'm not upset they weren't open. I do have compassion and was only providing feedback of my experience. Good grief, put your pitchforks down!

If they weren't in the office the package would have shown an attempted delielvery instead of a refusal. So now I wait for my items to return so I can take them elsewhere, assuming they are still in the padded envelope.
May '78-Offsite • June '95-Offsite • May '97-ASM & Contemporary (Honeymoon) • Nov '98-POFQ • June '99-ASM • May '02-ASM • May '05-Pop • May '08-Pop & Contemporary • June '10-SSR • Nov '12 SSR • May '14 SSR

DVC SSR Member
brattosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #3342
SleepyatDVC
The Untagged
... and I wasn't wearing any pants!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattosa View Post
No, you're not being "punked" and I'm not upset they weren't open. I do have compassion and was only providing feedback of my experience. Good grief, put your pitchforks down!

If they weren't in the office the package would have shown an attempted delielvery instead of a refusal. So now I wait for my items to return so I can take them elsewhere, assuming they are still in the padded envelope.
I have a feeling that they set up automatic refusal with ALL services just in case when they knew no one was available in the office to accept delivery. As we all know, delivery people are notorious for not leaving packages when we want them to and leaving them when we don't want them to. I've gotten lots of pkgs left with neighbors where it shows DELIVERED but no where to be found until the neighbor tells me!

This way there is NO chance of your package sittings in front of their front door for days on end.

This may be an automatic feature set up because they deal with GOLD which is just free money sitting outside their door if no one is there.

I agree it may be frustrating because you don't know why it was refused. But perhaps you should be relieved that USGB set it up so that ALL deliveries get sent back immediately due to refusal.

Therefore, it is on its way back to you ASAP instead of sitting in a mail truck for days on end, not knowing where it was or how to get it back. Imagine if the sender had $$$$$$$ of gold in the package sent...

Easier to get everyone's package back to them ASAP and have to send it back in if necessary. Or go someplace else to sell if cash is needed immediately. Then for them to field hundreds of panicked senders calling once the office was open to try to figure out WHERE their gold package was!

Sep 1999 Marriott Cypress Harbor---May 2000 Liki Tiki---Nov 2001 BC---Nov/Dec 2001 OKW---March 2002 VWL---Sep 2002 BWV & BCV---Dec 2002 CR---Mar 2003 St. Thomas ---Jun 2003 VWL---October 2003 Marriott Grand Vista & HAL Cruise & Miami ---Jan 2004 OKW GV---Jun 2004 CCL Victory Canada ---Apr/May 2005 BWV & Marriott Cypress Harbor---Oct 2005 BWV---Feb 2006 OKW---Apr 2006 Miami ---August 2006 BWV---Feb 2007 VWL --Apr 2007 NCL Dawn 11 night S Caribbean Cruise --- Aug 2007 BWV/AKV --- Oct 2007 NCL Crown Bermuda --- Apr 2008 BWV/AKV --- Aug 2008 BWV/Marriott Cypress Harbor --- Feb 2009 Miami --- Apr 2009 NCL Pearl ---Aug 2009 CSR, BLT & DCL Magic --- Feb 2010 BWV --- July 2011 AKV ---June/July 2012 Italy/Turkey/Greece Celebrity Equinox --- Feb 2013 BWV --- Aug 2013 AKL --- Dec 2013 BWV/OKW

SleepyatDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #3343
Pamlur
newbies DO get tags!!

I wouldn't be cutting my nose off to spite my face, because my package was refused. I'd wait for a while, give USGB a chance to get back in business, and then I'd send it again. But that's just me.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #3344
Poodlebud
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference if you can play guitar.

I wonder if anyone has sold gold to USGB recently.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #3345
BBandDisney
Mouseketeer

no.
BBandDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: