DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

Transferring DVC Points

Should I charge the same amount pp as I do to rent? Someone has said that its not a much work so it should be a little cheaper. Also what comes first transferring the points or putting money in your paypal account? When you rent if it doesn't work out you can cancel the reservation but when you transfer you can't get your points back. Also should I charge more for using paypal?

Thank you,
Phil
Phil Cirrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I am going to charge the same thing for transferred as i would to rent them.
I also charge the PP % fee to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Cirrone View Post
Should I charge the same amount pp as I do to rent? Someone has said that its not a much work so it should be a little cheaper. Also what comes first transferring the points or putting money in your paypal account? When you rent if it doesn't work out you can cancel the reservation but when you transfer you can't get your points back. Also should I charge more for using paypal?

Thank you,
Phil
luvindisneyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

Transfer Points

Thank you for getting back to me. Do you transfer the points first or get the money first?
Phil
Old 03-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
rigsby25
DIS Veteran

I am an owner who does not rent points out, but who does on occasion run out of points and has to rent from another owner. I would say pay pal first, transfer second. And I think you should charge the same because you are using your one and only tranfer for the year no. 1, and no. 2 - like you said once you transfer the points are gone - so to some extent its more risky. I don't think Disney would intervene in a transaction such as this. Unless your back is against the wall, I wouldn't rent to a person who did not want to pay my price or transact the way I want to transact. But again, I don't rent or transfer points.

Last edited by rigsby25; 03-05-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling
rigsby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Some people get half payment, transfer all the points, then get the other half payment. This puts each side at risk of losing up to half the value. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

Transfer Points

Thank you all for your replies. This is only the second time I had to rent/transfer my points out in the last 15 years. I can't imagine doing this all the time(It's very time consuming).
Thanks Again,
Phil
Old 03-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
keys2kingdom
DIS Veteran

As the Wizard of Oz would say "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".......he's not transferring points for money, since that would be illegal.

Keep it on the down low and make sure you don't mention monetary compensation in your phone call to DVC. They no-likey that.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #8
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Definetely money first and then transfer.I would never transfer without the money first.
Quote:
Thank you for getting back to me. Do you transfer the points first or get the money first?
Phil
luvindisneyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran

Everytime I have purchased transfer points, I paid 1/2 via paypal, then a three way conversation with member services for the actual point transfer, followed by the second half of the payment. I could never agree to pay 100% up front with sellers who only have a few posts, which most appear to have. I believe the risk should be shared. If the seller is a DIS vet, I may consider paying all up front. I handled it the same way the one time I had to rent points.

Disneyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
Joey7295
DIS Veteran

I would not transfer without getting paid in full first. What if you get half and the other person decides not to pay the second half. There would be nothing that you can do.
Joey7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #11
murcor
All you need is faith and trust...and a little pixie dust

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I had 403 pts transferred to my account in Dec. Of course it was alot of $$$ for me to pay up front and also for the other party to trust me.

We used escrow.com

Simple, easy solution for both of us

me & dh dd 14 ds 13
Abby Winston Gilbert

murcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcor View Post
I had 403 pts transferred to my account in Dec. Of course it was alot of $$$ for me to pay up front and also for the other party to trust me.

We used escrow.com

Simple, easy solution for both of us

Hi! This seems the perfect solution. I'm going to try this for the first time. Did you negotiate the escrow.com fee?
And were any actual ressies made or was this just a transfer of points?

Thank you!

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Mai Ku Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you,
Phil
First, is the person telling you it should be lower wanting to buy points to be transferred from you? I haven't transferred points but would want full payment up front. I'd rather not do the deal than have the risk since you have no control once the points are transferred. I'd be careful of the escrow services as many of them essentially give the rentee the ultimate say to release the money. All they've got to say is they didn't get what they expected and one could be looking at non payment and no points. Just read the info and rules carefully to be sure you're protected.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:28 AM   #14
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
First, is the person telling you it should be lower wanting to buy points to be transferred from you? I haven't transferred points but would want full payment up front. I'd rather not do the deal than have the risk since you have no control once the points are transferred. I'd be careful of the escrow services as many of them essentially give the rentee the ultimate say to release the money. All they've got to say is they didn't get what they expected and one could be looking at non payment and no points. Just read the info and rules carefully to be sure you're protected.
Thanks, Dean! I didn't read the fine print yet but I sure will NOW! I never thought I'd consider releasing a whole yr's pts of my beloved BCV, but DS was accepted to grad school in London from Sept '08 to Sept '09 and with the good ole US $ tanking as it is we need every penny ( & pence!) plus we'd like to try to visit him there next summer . I think I'd like to transfer rather than rent since it seems easier & I'm a newbie at this.

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Mai Ku Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
snowbunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey7295 View Post
I would not transfer without getting paid in full first. What if you get half and the other person decides not to pay the second half. There would be nothing that you can do.
On the other hand there would be nothing that the member buying the transfer could do, if he/she paid in full and then the other member decided not to transfer the points. Please don't say look to Paypal for help - that's a laugh!

I've transferred (in) twice and both times done it 50/50. If I trusted the other person I would have no problem transferring 100% funds first -- but if it were one of the people who comes online with a low post count offering to transfer points with full payment up front - no way.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: