Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
JagsandJax
Mommy to 2 wild and crazy boys

Disney Lost and found

Hi all, Just got back from a great trip aboard the Wonder. But now I have a problem. I accidentally left my outfit that I wore on the last night there somehow. Do you know what they do with left clothing? Is there a number I can call for lost and found. My son also left his autograph book in the kids club. Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
outahere

The phone number for DCL lost & found is 407-566-3734.

Good Luck!!

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
clawmachine
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to bump this thread for the valuable Lost and Found phone number. These people are great! I totally freaked out as we were leaving the cruise terminal on debarkation day (Magic Western) because I suddenly realized we were missing a whole bag that had all 5 of our jackets (one of them with sentimental value), a pair of brand new shoes, and some misc toiletries in it. I then realized what had happened. We ate in Lumiere's the final morning (7 am) and near the end of breakfast, DS8 had to use the bathroom so he left by the main door to go over to Beat Street. Shortly thereafter they closed off the main door to accomodate debarkation lines in the atrium and you had to enter through the side door, which DS didn't even really know about. So we grabbed up our things, said goodbye to our servers and went off to find him. In this haste we totally forgot the bag that he was in charge of and which was way under the table near his seat.

As soon as we exited the terminal, realized the loss, and got on our way to the airport, I got on the phone and alerted DCL right away (just got a voice mail) and later sent an email (the email reply simply said to contact Lost and Found at the above number, which I had already done) and just hoped for the best. A few days into the week, Dick at Lost and Found called me and said he was sorry but he had searched everything they had and there was nothing like I described. I said thanks and he said that sometimes items don't make it off the ship until the following week's debarkation and that he would not close the case. I called back again this past Saturday and left another message just to check and within 5 minutes he called me and said I must be psychic because he was just trying to call me as I called him. He had our bag! He sent it out that Monday and did not accept my offer to pay for the shipping. It cost them $17 and arrived two days later. Everything was exactly as we left it. There was no identification on the bag (just a large plastic gift shop bag) or any of items, so I was extremely grateful to get them back. The sweetest part was my daughter's face when she realized her shell collection from Castaway Cay was in my jacket pocket.

They are very nice there! In addition to Dick, there is also a very nice lady named Cindy. If you lose anything at all, call then right away and leave as detailed a message as you can. They really seem to care.
clawmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm bumping this as well. We were on the Dream a week ago, and after I got home I realized that one of my SD cards is missing. I know I changed it our on our last night at Animators Palette, and I couldn't tell you if I saw it after that. We also did WDW parks and Sea World. I have now put out a few calls and hoping it shows up somewhere. I don't know when or where it was lost, so it's like finding a needle in a haystack.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
kedz
Mouseketeer

We just came off the Dream on Tuesday, and my dad left a whole bag of merchandise he bought while on the boat..We did contact lost and found and they said as of right now they dont have anything..They said the samething sometimes things dont make it off the ship right away, so after reading this thread, i feel slightly better knowing they may find it
kedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
debl237
Earning My Ears

Disney Cruise Line Lost and Found Fantastic!

Just returned from a Disney Dream cruise and realized while doing laundry I somehow forgot every single pair of shorts that my 5 year old daughter had, plus some of her shirts and one of my shoes! Called the DCL lost and found line twice and did not receive a response so sent them an email. Received a call back within an hour from one of the cast members saying that they found everything and will put a box in the mail tomorrow and send it to me tomorrow. Hooray! Love it when a story has a happy ending so wanted to pass it on.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
Disappointed Dream
Earning My Ears

Dissappointed in Lost and Found

I recently returned from a 4 night Disney cruise from Cape Canaveral to Nassau to Castaway Isalnd and was in such a rush to get of the boat I left behind a few items in a drawer. I contacted lost and found and they were quick to respond that they would look for the items. They did communicate for the first few days but now they have gone cold...no responses! I make an assumption that someone(s) on that ship were not doing their job by turning in items that have been left behind. Guess the guy who cleaned our room liked my swim suite and under panties and decided to keep them...or thought they were disgusting and threw them in the trash. I was under the impression that Disney would return anything left behind in your cabin...not so...as of yet. Agree, my fault for wanting to exist so quickly and not checking my drawers and I also realize they are not responsible for items left behind but...I have left items at the Marriott and had them returned...guess Disney does not compare to Marriott when it comes to items left behind!
Disappointed Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I don't think they actually check the drawers. So unless the next person turned it in, it might not be found. They may look afterwards
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
Pooh001
Mouseketeer

On our Disney cruise many years ago my son left his jacket on the ship. It took 3-4 weeks before Disney called . Apparently someone set it in a corner on the ship and it took 2 trips to get off and be delivered to the cruise office in Celebration , Florida . Don't give up hope yet.
Pooh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
alliejb
Earning My Ears

Hi

We were on the Disney Dream last October & unfortunately got caught in Hurricane Sandy. We ended up changing cabins after the first night, so stayed in 2 cabins. When we were packing to leave the ship we did not check very well as all we wanted to do was get off the ship as my daughter was quite ill. When we got back to the villa,we discovered we did not have our camcorder discs in our bags and know we had left them in one of the cabins. We did contact the lost property and explained that on our last night it was so rough that doors were opening and everything was flying around so there was every chance these discs may have fallen somewhere and they are fairly small so they may need to search for them. Unfortunately after about a month is seemed like they were not going to turn up. These discs had some very precious recordings on them and I am still heartbroken that they were lost. My question is how long do they keep your details on file, for instance if they were found 3/4 months later would they still contact you? I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile contacting them again? We are going to Florida again in 4 months time and as I am sorting out my camcorder it has reminded me about this and would be so delighted if these could be found. We know for certain they were left on the ship, so really cannot understand why they have not been found yet. Sorry if this has gone on abit, still upsets me so much about the recordings I lost Thank you to anyone who reads this and has any suggestions
Allie
alliejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

We lost se tennis shoes on castaway cay and we were told they would keep our info for 30 days. Don't know if that means they just toss us out or what after 30 days. The shoes were never returned which was disappointing but they were replaceable unlike your discs.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

When we got off in Vancouver there was a large table with lost and found items.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
castlegazer
Soccer Mom - no really, I am a Mom and I play soccer
Tries to be naughty, but always fails
Thinks Buzz (or Woody?) is sexy.
Official Tag Fairy Translator

I'm glad someone bumped this! I have had phenomenal service with DCL's lost and found!!

They have found everything we have lost and gotten it to us immediately in Fed-Ex packages!

I asked my TA to contact the ship, but it's great to have a number!

07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608

castlegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

We had a really interesting and somewhat complicated situation after our July 11 Dream cruise. We had everything when we left and got on the shuttle back to Country Inn & Suites. There was one other family from DCL on the shuttle with us (and a few from RCCL), and in conversation we learned that they were going back to WDW (this is once it actually was a good thing my dad could talk to a post). When the boys went to the bathroom, we found out they were staying at the Grand Floridian (that part was a surprise to the boys). We all got loaded into our respective cars and headed off.

Well, when my sister and a friend of ours and I were heading to EPCOT for early birthday drinks before they took me to the airport, we got a call from our parents who had already left to begin driving home to see if we had the Castaway Club backpack (my sister was the only CC member, and she gave the pack to Daddy who had put his toiletry kit (including medication), some flip flops, and the t-shirt he'd gotten on board inside of it). We weren't in my sister's car or around any luggage, but my sister said they'd check when they got back to our friend's apartment. Wasn't there. So Daddy contacted DCL - in our case shoreside as we'd been concierge and this was the contact info he had.

He told them all the information - our cabin number (though we knew he'd left the ship with it), where we'd had breakfast, where we'd waited for the shuttle, and about the other family on the ship and where they were going. (He also contacted CI&S, but there had been no backpack found or turned in.) He got a copy of the email that was sent out to the PA, the ship team, and the GF. Daddy got an initial call from someone at the GF saying at that point nothing had been turned in, but he would go personally the next morning to the lost and found area and get back to Daddy. Well, he never heard anything and we gave up the bag for lost. (He had gotten the meds replaced, and my sister said she could easily replace the flip flops and t-shirt.)

Well, Friday of the week we got back, my dad was at his volunteer job and the phone rang, so my mom answered it. The caller asked for Daddy, but Mom said she could take a message. It was someone from the Grand Floridian, and the backpack had been turned in!! They wanted to verify the address and shipped it to him at express at no charge!!

Bravo everyone involved in recovering the backpack!!

(And if you're on a shuttle, talk to the people! You'll never know how it might come out.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: