Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #76
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Too much math for this atypically math challenged Asian...
I miss doing accounting work everyday...so I've turned to FDM to get my fix. We should be on to more fun things like snacks! in future updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Amen! I totally agree! I laughed out loud when I read your comment, "If you made close to minimum way do you think you'd sit around and fashion white cotton face clothes into works of art?" Nicely said! I tip mousekeepers because they keep me from having to clean for a week -- as far as I am concerned that is definitely worth a $5 tip in my eyes!.
We got this one last trip...my guess is that the mousekeeper just moves it from room to room after check-out if no one messes it up. I actually like the towel animals on Royal Caribbean cruises better because they don't use stickers or yarn. We got a chicken once!

Quote:
I liked reading how you figured out your food budget. I am pretty compulsive when it comes to our Disney budget, but have yet to figure out the art of budgeting for food -- we end up doing the dining plan just so I don't have to think about it.
And that's a great use of the DDP...not over spending. When I figured out that what we would have done on the plan is the same as paying out of pocket I figured that we have a better chance of spending less. I'll let ya know how it turns out in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow! Great math exercise. I love it!

My mother and I are doing the DDP in April. I think we'll come out ahead because it is only 2 nights and we are eating at LeCellier for one of our TS meals. We switched from Mama Melrose's to H&V for the other one so that will bring our average down, but I really wanted to try out the plan. Plus, like you said, trying to figure out who pays for what at a TS meal is tricky (although I probably would just pick up the tab - so I guess it's saving ME some money there )- and we probably wouldn't have chosen LeCellier without the DDP.
LeCellier has been on and off my list for this trip so many times...it's up against Teppan Edo. DH loves both. I think DS would enjoy Teppan Edo a lot more. I can't wait to hear your review of H&V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Another plus of tent camping at the Fort - no mousekeeping tipping to worry about Wouldn't it be funny, though, if mousekeeping did come to your tent site? Crawling into tents and making up sleeping bags.
That's funny. I can see them now trying to open the zippers and crawling in there to sweep up the dirt/sand. We used to camp on the river in Maine and I had a small 1-2 person tent. Since you couldn't stake it in the sand, I use to unzip the door and pick it up and shake out the sand. Made clean-up easy.

Quote:
I can't see us ever doing the DDP. I think if you normally eat all of your meals at TS or CS then it's probably a good deal. But, we usually only eat one meal a day out so we'd spend more money doing DDP.
I think I'm going to have to re-think it for each trip...as DS gets older and as we add more kids to the family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittBritt View Post
I have to hear more about this 3 hour job. It must have been truly terrible for you to give it up in that short a time. Did you have a really disgusting room to clean? Did you walk in on something gross?
They were training us that day. They had some horror stories about poop on the bathroom walls to share but I didn't have anything bad that I had to clean. It was more that I was 18 and liked to party. I figured out real quick that getting up at the crack of dawn to clean was not gonna work out. And this was a real party resort, you can imagine the things there would be to clean. Plus I had another job...this housekeeping thing was for extra cash...
I've been back since...to hang out at the beach bar!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #77
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Love your budget. I could never figure all of that out.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #78
chcmama
Mouseketeer

I agree with you on the towel animals on Royal Caribbean, we loved those. I'm very impressed with your math calculations, if we were staying on site we would probably come to the same conclusion. We probably wouldn't eat at enough TS places to make it worth it. Looking forward to hearing more of your planning.
Here is a picture of one of our favorite towel animal from RC

The Incredibles First Trip to WDW
Old 03-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #79
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Love your budget. I could never figure all of that out.
Sure you could...but now you can just steal mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chcmama View Post
I agree with you on the towel animals on Royal Caribbean, we loved those. I'm very impressed with your math calculations, if we were staying on site we would probably come to the same conclusion. We probably wouldn't eat at enough TS places to make it worth it. Looking forward to hearing more of your planning.
Here is a picture of one of our favorite towel animal from RC
That is the best towel "person" ever!

Can you imagine all the people that get the DDP and don't use all their credits? I bet none of them are DISer's ...we're just too well informed.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #80
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Can you imagine all the people that get the DDP and don't use all their credits? I bet none of them are DISer's ...we're just too well informed.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:17 AM   #81
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Tell me you didn't! Bad DISer....

Old 03-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #82
BrittBritt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't buy that you didn't use all your credits. You're debating whether the cost of a snack makes it credit worthy on your own TR! I think your words were something along the line of, "It's less than $4? Pshaw.....not good enough to be our snack." Ok, so I may have used my own phrase there, but you get the picture.
Say it isn't so!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #83
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Pshaw.....not good enough to be our snack." Ok, so I may have used my own phrase there, but you get the picture.
Say it isn't so!!!
I love it that someone used Pshaw on my PTR! I say it "oh Peeeshaw!" and DH has no idea what it means.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #84
MRYPPNS

So I just got off the phone with Disney and actually got a good CM. I have a hard time understanding thick accents over the phone so it was great that this CM didn't have one and she seemed to know what she was talking about.{the last CM I talked to tried telling me that you couldn't walk from SSR to DTD...I had to correct her}

Anyways ...I was checking to see if I have any new offers associated to my account...nope. She quoted me CBR 9 nights for $1410. I declined to make my reservation...told her I was waiting on a better deal. I was confused at the price at first until I realized that she was quoting with tax included. My spread sheet had it without tax. I have updated my spreadsheet so when I call back again I will be comparing apples to apples not apples to limes.

So when you call Disney know that tax is included in the quote and when you call....use the toll free number...it's free and it sends you to the head of the que. 1-877-939-3732

Old 03-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #85
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tell me you didn't! Bad DISer....
I'm a Good Diser........

Quote:
I don't buy that you didn't use all your credits. You're debating whether the cost of a snack makes it credit worthy on your own TR! I think your words were something along the line of, "It's less than $4? Pshaw.....not good enough to be our snack." Ok, so I may have used my own phrase there, but you get the picture.
Say it isn't so!!!
You'll see.....

Quote:
I love it that someone used Pshaw on my PTR! I say it "oh Peeeshaw!" and DH has no idea what it means.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #86
MRYPPNS

Happy St. Patty's Day !!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #88
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Happy St. Patty's Day !!

what a cutie!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #89
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Awwwww - I just want to eat up those adorable arms!! I love baby arms - and baby legs - and baby cheeks. Love babies. Almost makes me want another

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #90
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy St. Patty's Day !!

He's the PERFECT St. Patrick's Day mascot! What a cutie!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: