Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #151
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I have not had the Kona Coffee at my Poly myself...but word on the street says it's one of the only places in WDW to get a good cup of coffee. There is a coffee bar near the Kona Cafe.

Update: I just looked it up and the Kona Island "snack bar" serves Kona Blend Coffee....so not as good as 100% but majorly better then Nescrap they serve everywhere else.
Kona coffee and Tonga toast were just too much to resist -- I just called and made an ADR for this Tuesday -- they had the time I wanted so I figured it was meant to be.

I detest the nasty coffee everywhere else in the World. Vile stuff!

Also, looking at the prices at Kona Cafe, they aren't much different than the PM so we get a sit-down, good food, great coffee for about the same amount we would spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The coffee at Kona is the best and I'm not a huge coffee drinker. I thought the coffee everywhere else was just ok. I was missing Starbucks by then end of the trip.

You definitely have to try the Tonga Toast. It is soooooo good! The waitress gave me a copy of the recipe, but I never made it. Somehow I think it tastes better when someone else is cooking

I will do dining reviews. I should include a few reviews from my January trip in my ptr.
Yeay! I am glad I booked now!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #152
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have not had the Kona Coffee at my Poly myself...but word on the street says it's one of the only places in WDW to get a good cup of coffee. There is a coffee bar near the Kona Cafe.

Update: I just looked it up and the Kona Island "snack bar" serves Kona Blend Coffee....so not as good as 100% but majorly better then Nescrap they serve everywhere else.
Nescrap
I thin Nestle should officially change the name of their coffee to Nescrap. It's a better discription.

I feel the same way about their awful hot chocolate.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #153
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

DH was so unhappy about the coffee situation on our last trip... we made sure to get him his big Dunkin Donuts cup along the way each morning. Is it that Nescrap at all of the resorts too? If so, I better keep it a secret or he definitely won't want to stay on-site next time. Or maybe I could just bring along the coffee pot too...

And yes, I ALWAYS overpack! I think I might save the toaster trick for a longer trip. I think it will be dry cheerios for me - it's only two mornings.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #154
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Great meal plans Peepns.

We are not breakfast people and we are West Coasters. so Lunch is just like breakfast to us.......
Old 03-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #155
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
DH was so unhappy about the coffee situation on our last trip... we made sure to get him his big Dunkin Donuts cup along the way each morning. Is it that Nescrap at all of the resorts too? If so, I better keep it a secret or he definitely won't want to stay on-site next time. Or maybe I could just bring along the coffee pot too...

And yes, I ALWAYS overpack! I think I might save the toaster trick for a longer trip. I think it will be dry cheerios for me - it's only two mornings.
Yes...same Nescrap at the resorts...a lot of DISers bring their own coffee do use with the coffee maker already in the room. I just end up drinking Diet Coke right after breakfast .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Great meal plans Peepns.

We are not breakfast people and we are West Coasters. so Lunch is just like breakfast to us.......
Thanks...you know the plans will change before too long thou!

Old 03-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #156
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
CSR has real coffee. The Nescrap at the parks is so horrible, yet as coffee/caffeine addicts we were forced to consume to much of it on our trip. Even tons of creamer and sugar didn't help much.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #157
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
CSR has real coffee. The Nescrap at the parks is so horrible, yet as coffee/caffeine addicts we were forced to consume to much of it on our trip. Even tons of creamer and sugar didn't help much.
Really? Really? Come over to my PTR, Chel, so I can pepper you with questions about CSR before I leave tomorrow morning!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #158
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I'm going to need to stop by CSR for coffee.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #159
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I'm going to need to stop by CSR for coffee.
Suddenly CSR is sounding better and better!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #160
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I'll save the toga party for DS's 21st....

I'm going try to go with the jungle theme. I'll check out Michael's this weekend for the Wilton supplies.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Love the idea of a jungle theme birthday party. I'm seeing all of you in camo outfits!

Quote:
So I finally did it...I signed up for TGM. There's a lot to read on his site and I don't really get what has been personalize for me yet...just looks like a bunch of lists to me. Can someone tell me if there is somewhere on TGM that I can create my itinerary day by day?

I did find the crowd level/best park day section (October/November is not up yet) I do like that he explains why he chooses what he does because then I can decide if I agree with his reasoning or not.

Any help from fellow DISers would be wonderful so I can get the most out of it. Feel me to PM me if you don't want to post TGM stuff.
Did you find the downloadable blank itineraries to use? I love TGM, but it is a lot of information to wade through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Really? Really? Come over to my PTR, Chel, so I can pepper you with questions about CSR before I leave tomorrow morning!
On my way.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #161
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I can't find it! The link won't open up.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #162
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, that's weird! I must have done something to it when I typed in the name! I will see if I can change it.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #163
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's fixed now!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:56 AM   #164
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I finally did it...I signed up for TGM. There's a lot to read on his site and I don't really get what has been personalize for me yet...just looks like a bunch of lists to me. Can someone tell me if there is somewhere on TGM that I can create my itinerary day by day?

I did find the crowd level/best park day section (October/November is not up yet) I do like that he explains why he chooses what he does because then I can decide if I agree with his reasoning or not.

Any help from fellow DISers would be wonderful so I can get the most out of it. Feel me to PM me if you don't want to post TGM stuff.
Ok as promised here are the things I like about TGM (w/out giving away any secrets...)

*First off it's the first "guide book" I purchased for this trip and I did it before the 08 books were out at the bookstores. So wading through all the info wasn't that bad for me...good reading, tips, tricks, and reminders of things. (i thought the stuff about traveling w/ babies/little ones was helpful took many notes)

*2nd the "Express Planner" for your month of travel I reviewed the 07 stuff till the 08 things were updated seemed to be about 5-6 mo ahead. (I'm going June 08)

*3rd the LCP day charts...before I "bought" TGM my inital plan was all over and I was not pleased w/ how this was going to work. After reveiwing his charts and tips it helped me make a better itinerary for our stay. and yes I like having his reasoning behind what he's thinking.

*4th his sample tour ideas (he has many sceneros) he gives you some straightforward ideas of what to do first, 2nd, etc and then open ended for you to adjust to your needs.

*5th best times to see/do attractions broken down to morning, afternoon, eve, fillers you get the idea that has helped plenty as I like to have a rough schedule of each attraction in the order we hope to do it all.

*6th viewing/seating ideas for parades and shows. (some of these tricks I've learned already, but still good)

*7th reminder email and date for my ADR call (180+ day out) since this was first trip using the DDP this came in handy. We've never eaten at this many TS before.

*8th one of my favorite things my daily countdown till we leave. Today is 66 days!

*9th there is a link to another site that gives updated park hours and showtimes...very helpful for planning Studios and AK IMHO w/ the shows there.

*10th in the Day to Day Vacation Itinerary there is a pre-formated itinerary planner (a Word doc) you can download and save to your desktop to fill in and update your plans, then later print. I've been using it.

Finally I have enjoyed reading the various articles and things. I actually find it a bit easier to naviagate then a chunky guide book. Well here's hoping the info will pay-off for us this trip...66 days to find out

Hope that helps some of you out there....

Now as far as your dinning plans:

I to agree w/ the eating in room thing and having some items from home or from the resorts little "grocer"

Also we'll be eating at H&V w/ the characters for lunch, Ohana (for bfast though w/ characters) and then Kona for bfast and dinner. and the possibly a CS at Pecos Bill's or PVH too. So watch for my reviews upon our return....

on the flip side of eating in your room for bfast...I also think it's nice to have it out some mornings...it always tastes better than at home

lastly as a non coffee drinker I can't anquish in your pain of bad coffee...but I'm sure your find a way to find the superb stuff either somewhere in the world or packed in your bag
Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #165
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

How's the planning going?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: