Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
kev kendall
Mickey for President!

Maybe I'm dreaming but I want to ask

For me the Contemporary is a wonderful resort - it's the monorail that does it for me!!

I'm prob not going to be able to afford it, but can someone give me a good guess for cost of points for Kingdom Towers!?!?

Thanks for your time.

August 2006 - Disneyland Hotel DLRP, August 2004 - 2 weeks at the Contemporary (best time in the world ever!) August 2002 - Disneyland Hotel DLR Paris August 1999 - Millenium Celebration - offsite

kev kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
doverfox
Mouseketeer

hi i am new to dvc just bought in to ssr in the last two weeks just waiting for the pin number and proper cards to come through.
but the whole piont of the dvc scheme is that its piont based and all pionts have an equal value and cost dependend on year of of purchase the real question is how many pionts will a room cost per night cheapest night at vero beech is 8 the cheapest night at beach club villas is 12 so with all the interest in contemory who knows, but using dvc piont to stay at the contempory at the min cheapest room same time of year as both vb and bcv is 30 and if you want to stay in the tower and have a view of mk 44 tower club 60 so perhaps somewere towards 4 times the pionts per night of the next most expensive resort they did say in th sentinal article that disney saw it as a more upscale resort somy 160 pionts might get me 6 days if i was lucky every three years but think of all the spending money we could all save
dave
dvc keepingmy disney holiday alive
doverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Revtel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverfox View Post
hi i am new to dvc just bought in to ssr in the last two weeks just waiting for the pin number and proper cards to come through.
but the whole piont of the dvc scheme is that its piont based and all pionts have an equal value and cost dependend on year of of purchase the real question is how many pionts will a room cost per night cheapest night at vero beech is 8 the cheapest night at beach club villas is 12 so with all the interest in contemory who knows, but using dvc piont to stay at the contempory at the min cheapest room same time of year as both vb and bcv is 30 and if you want to stay in the tower and have a view of mk 44 tower club 60 so perhaps somewere towards 4 times the pionts per night of the next most expensive resort they did say in th sentinal article that disney saw it as a more upscale resort somy 160 pionts might get me 6 days if i was lucky every three years but think of all the spending money we could all save
dave
Hi, Dave.

That's an impressively long sentence!

Kev, assuming that the new property will be available in, say, three years, I would guess a cost of around $120 per point.

So far as points per stay are concerned, the article suggests that they will cost rather more than the present "most expensive" resort, so take AKV points per night and add, I guess, two or three extra points, with a couple more, no doubt, for a MK view!

Anyway, no harm in dreaming, is there?
Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
doverfox
Mouseketeer

i was off the day they did punch u ation if only they did full stop and comma check as well as spell checkers.
dave
doverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #5
kev kendall
Mickey for President!

Thanks for the replies.

So, I guess the next question is for the best guess for how many points for a basic studio for two years every two years????? (I think I've won the award for how many "fors" you can get in one sentence.

Kev

August 2006 - Disneyland Hotel DLRP, August 2004 - 2 weeks at the Contemporary (best time in the world ever!) August 2002 - Disneyland Hotel DLR Paris August 1999 - Millenium Celebration - offsite

Old 03-01-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Revtel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev kendall View Post
Thanks for the replies.

So, I guess the next question is for the best guess for how many points for a basic studio for two years every two years????? (I think I've won the award for how many "fors" you can get in one sentence.

Kev
Hi, Kev.

OK, for two years, every two years? Sounds like you want to stay there permanently!

Assuming one of those is a typo , I would suggest taking the points for Villas at Wilderness Lodge and adding 10%.

So if you wanted two weeks in May for example (a lovely time of year to travel), VWL would cost you 246 points. My guess for Contemporary for the same length of stay would be around 270 points, with perhaps, another 20 or so if you want a MK view.

So start saving your money, but don't forget Hawaii is coming up

Still a great deal, and DVC rocks!
Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:59 AM   #7
kev kendall
Mickey for President!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev kendall View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Kev
HA HA

Maybe it was a sub con desire to stay perm at the world!!! Ha ha !!!!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
lam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverfox View Post
dave

Sorry to 'muscle in' on this post but I'm making up my mind whether or not to do SSR or AKV or a re-sale. Did you sign in Florida? or did they give you some time to contemplate when you got home.?They've given me 3 days to make up my mind (i'm just back)!!Monday is D-Day
How long has it taken since you said yes ie including papers to get to and from you,signd contracts etc as I'm hoping to complete in time to reserve DLParis in July (already booked but want to cancel my reservation and re-arrange through my DVC points!)

Lam
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:30 AM   #9
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revtel View Post
... My guess for Contemporary for the same length of stay would be around 270 points ...
So, just to add my 2cents - to stay every two years, that would mean you'd need an annual allocation of 135 points. The current minimum for new contracts from DVC (i.e. not resale) is, I think 160 points.

Taking revtel's guestimate of $120 per point by the time KT opens, that would give an initial outlay of
$120 x 160 points = $19,200
if you buy direct from DVC (your only option if you want KT as your Home Resort before resales for KT come on the market).
Old 03-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #10
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

to me i might be in a minority. but KT dont appeal to me.when it opens would take people away from my fav DVC resorts,makeing it easyer to get in them
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
lawlesslovewdw
loving the planning

I agree with you paul, I dont actually like the contemporary resort, period, it would have been better at poly! To me SSR rocks
lawlesslovewdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlesslovewdw View Post
I agree with you paul, I dont actually like the contemporary resort, period, it would have been better at poly! To me SSR rocks
then again would love it at the poly
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #13
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

I didn't think I was keen on the Contemporary, either, until I stayed there. It has a certain something which is hard to define. We were able to wake up to an amazing view over Bay Lake (and I'm talking from our bed, not simply from the room). It isn't popular for no good reason and I reckon KT will be difficult to book unless you buy there, at least for the first few years.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:05 AM   #14
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
I didn't think I was keen on the Contemporary, either, until I stayed there. It has a certain something which is hard to define.....
I think a lot of people write the Contemporary off purely by the look of the building alone. It's our favourite resort and as Deb said has that special something that really is hard to define. Apart from being able to walk to MK for us the magic of the place has a lot to do with the fantastic view out over the Magic Kingdom which is entertainment in itself. You can sit out on the balcony at any time of the day or night and there will always be something to see.

We're hoping to get enough points to book an MK view 1 bed at 11 months.

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #15
barrysprot36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I think a lot of people write the Contemporary off purely by the look of the building alone. It's our favourite resort and as Deb said has that special something that really is hard to define. Apart from being able to walk to MK for us the magic of the place has a lot to do with the fantastic view out over the Magic Kingdom which is entertainment in itself. You can sit out on the balcony at any time of the day or night and there will always be something to see.

We're hoping to get enough points to book an MK view 1 bed at 11 months.
I agree with you about the Contemporary Jakki and it's our favourite resort too.

Aug '97 ~ DLP Sequia Lodge
Aug '02 ~ WDW Indian Ridge Villa
Aug '03 ~ DLP Newport Bay
July '04 ~ CBR
July '06 ~ CR, RPR, AKL
Aug '07 ~ CBR, Poly, free DDP
Aug '08 ~ POFQ, BCV, GF,
May '09 ~ WL CL Aug '09 ~ OKW, VB, SSR, BLT Dec '09 ~ Pop, OKW, BLT, CR Atrium & BCV
May '10 ~ Pop, POR & OKW Aug '10 ~ CSR, RPR & BLT Oct '10 ~ BWV, AKV & BLT
May '11 ~ Sunset Lakes Villa & Vero Beach
July'12 ~ BCV, BLT & Sunset Lakes Villa
Nov'12 ~ DLP Newport Bay
April'13 ~ Pop, RPR & BLT August'13 ~ BLT & OKW
May'14 ~ VGF & Kidani September'14 ~ WBTA, RPR & BLT
barrysprot36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: