Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #31
iX.
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
A lot depends on when you want to go. I just had a look in September and the normal dolphin swim package starts at $199 and TFAD starts at $398.

Corinna
Probably can use the $200 difference as a rule of thumb then against whatever price the Dolphin Swim package is.

Makes for an expensive day though. Costs more for for that than a 10-day ticket to WDW... times however many people...
iX. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
DarraK
Earning My Ears

Is TFAD really worth the extra $200? I've found some older reviews but wanted to make sure the program was still the same.
DarraK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #33
JLR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarraK View Post
Is TFAD really worth the extra $200? I've found some older reviews but wanted to make sure the program was still the same.
My friend did this last November and said her dd loved it. We are doing it on June 11th (I sure hope the new SeaAdventure is included!) and I'll post here.
JLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #34
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Has Seaworld discountinued the Dolphin Swim? We would love to do TFTD but with 5 of us thats nearly $2500. I went to the SW site and cant get a price page or reservation page for the cheaper Swim. Anybody know why? If they still have it how far out should I book? We will be there late May early June next year. We are on the Dream June 1 2011

Thanks!

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #35
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Has Seaworld discountinued the Dolphin Swim? We would love to do TFTD but with 5 of us thats nearly $2500. I went to the SW site and cant get a price page or reservation page for the cheaper Swim. Anybody know why? If they still have it how far out should I book? We will be there late May early June next year. We are on the Dream June 1 2011

Thanks!
As far as I am aware Seaworld in Orlando never had a dolphin swim. Seaworld San Diego has a Dolphin Interaction Programme. Seaworld Orlando has the Marine Mammal Keeper experience, Dolphin Spotlight Tour and Beluga Interaction Programme.

Discovery Cove has the dolphin swim, a non-dolphin swim package and Trainer for a Day.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #36
tiggspring

Quote:
As far as I am aware Seaworld in Orlando never had a dolphin swim. Seaworld San Diego has a Dolphin Interaction Programme. Seaworld Orlando has the Marine Mammal Keeper experience, Dolphin Spotlight Tour and Beluga Interaction Programme.

Discovery Cove has the dolphin swim, a non-dolphin swim package and Trainer for a Day.

Corinna
My bad. I was refering to Discovery Cove. I thought the cove was a section of the park.

Maybe the site is glitching because I can get reservations for TFTD but not dolphin swim.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #37
dolphingirl47

Quote:
My bad. I was refering to Discovery Cove. I thought the cove was a section of the park.

Maybe the site is glitching because I can get reservations for TFTD but not dolphin swim.
What dates are you looking for and for how many people? I just did a search for one person and had no problem getting any date for the dolphin swim package.

Corinna
Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 AM   #38
tiggspring

Quote:
What dates are you looking for and for how many people? I just did a search for one person and had no problem getting any date for the dolphin swim package.

Corinna
Thanks for going and checking for me! I just went back and there now is a link and when I use it I can find dates and prices for June 2012. Yesterday I could pull up the description but the link was gone.

Thanks again

Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 AM   #39
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Thanks for going and checking for me! I just went back and there now is a link and when I use it I can find dates and prices for June 2012. Yesterday I could pull up the description but the link was gone.

Thanks again
Sounds like a glitch. I am glad that you could find it now.

Corinna
Old 06-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
princessME!
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR View Post
My friend did this last November and said her dd loved it. We are doing it on June 11th (I sure hope the new SeaAdventure is included!) and I'll post here.
What is the sea adventure?
princessME! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #41
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessME! View Post
What is the sea adventure?
This is from the Discovery Cove fact sheet:

SeaVenture
The Grand Reef’s innovative experience, SeaVenture, is an underwater walking tour where
guests -- wearing dive helmets -- will feel right at home under the sea. Easily climbing down a
ladder and setting foot on the reef floor, guests immediately come eye-to-eye with sharks
through a full, 8-foot-tall, 21-foot long panoramic window. During their journey, guests
encounter velvety rays, exotic-looking lionfish hiding under a dock – and even touch a star fish
or sea urchins found along the way. The adventure ends with schools of fish feeding around the
divers with the massive open reef as the backdrop.

SeaVenture highlights
Some say it’s like walking on the moon – but surrounded by fish. SCUBA certification is not
required. The program is about an hour long for groups of up to six people per excursion.
The cost is $59 per participant.

This is not open as yet and the last thing I heard is that it is due to open in late summer.

Corinna
Old 06-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #42
princessME!
Earning My Ears

Quote:
This is from the Discovery Cove fact sheet:

SeaVenture
The Grand Reef’s innovative experience, SeaVenture, is an underwater walking tour where
guests -- wearing dive helmets -- will feel right at home under the sea. Easily climbing down a
ladder and setting foot on the reef floor, guests immediately come eye-to-eye with sharks
through a full, 8-foot-tall, 21-foot long panoramic window. During their journey, guests
encounter velvety rays, exotic-looking lionfish hiding under a dock – and even touch a star fish
or sea urchins found along the way. The adventure ends with schools of fish feeding around the
divers with the massive open reef as the backdrop.

SeaVenture highlights
Some say it’s like walking on the moon – but surrounded by fish. SCUBA certification is not
required. The program is about an hour long for groups of up to six people per excursion.
The cost is $59 per participant.

This is not open as yet and the last thing I heard is that it is due to open in late summer.

Corinna
Oh wow! Sounds exciting!
princessME! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #43
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

love this park, went there 3 years ago for my honeymoon. Going to go again when the kids are old enough
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #44
Phibbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Corinna
It's open now. Was just at DC last week and saw several groups going underwater with the helmets on. We didn't take part in the course, but was able to watch them from the Reef with our snorkel gear.

Looked very cool!

Click a link to read one of my reports:
June 2011 PTR
*** August 2009 Trip Report *** August 2008 Trip Report
Phibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #45
brinkley07
Earning My Ears

We have been to DC several times now. When we went we did do the Snuba or SeaVenture, and it was a fun experience. Since we were there right when they opened it we had only 4 in our group so it was a great with quite a bit of interaction with the fish. As far as the trainer for a day I was spoiled having done it at the Hilton Waikoloa Dolphin Quest where I was only one of 2 people for the day and we spent most of the day with the dolphins. The DC program doesn't have quite as much involvement, and so I didn't spend the extra money. The dolphin push that was mentioned in this thread is only available at certain times of the year based on how busy the park is, so you may want to ask if they will be able to do it when you book.
brinkley07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: