Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Arts and Crafts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes - Part 6

So am I the only one that starts planning what to pack and getting things organized well in advance? Our trip is in March and I am already making lists. Am I crazy?
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSNCS View Post
THanks! I have seen the flannel, but I was wanting some cotton. We are going to the world in April, so I wanted some cotton. I have some Hannah Montanna material, but I want a HSM outfit. I thought about making a strip jumper with some material with musical notes, and adding some applique of HSM..........IDK

I am attempting a peasant top at the moment, and I messed up the sleeves!!!!!!! I sewed them on wrong, and it was time to Step Away From the Machine!!
Regarding musical note fabric: Hancock's had some that was from their St. Judes collection. It was purple swirls with black musical notes on it. I used it for a HSM pair of scrappy patches pants. They also had some rainbow colored star fabric that had pictures/drawings of children's faces in the center of the stars. I used the girls and boys that matched my DD's fave. characters and put them on the knees.
Last time I looked, it was in the clearance section.

I hope you can find it!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Carrie772 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
I have not heard "Euchre" in years!!! I think ONLY people from Michigan play that game. (Which probably explains why I don't live in Mi anymore-I Never learned to play!)
I never learned to play either. And, I'm going to tell this story, because Vicki was not at this particular gathering of Brian's friends (she made me feel welcome from the first time I met her! )....
But, the first time we went to the UP to visit his friends, they played Euchre for FOUR HOURS (at least) STRAIGHT!!! And, would NOT tell me how to play, even though I asked them to teach me! I ended up spending the day with their two little boys! Who, while very sweet, were not the most entertaining company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
I can NOT figure out how to play euchre. People have tried to teach me and I just sit there with a puzzled expression. Henry and I once ruined a euchre "tournament" because we had no idea what we were doing.

Quote:
BTW since WHEN does Teresajoy ONLY have 5 neices? Morgan, Megan, Ireland........... and those are just in FL she has 49 other states full of neices LOL (Not to mention our International friends) teresajoy -hope you bought a lot!!!!! of ice cream fabric
Uh oh!!! It was a challenge to find the ice cream cone fabric that I have! But, i will be sewing an extra skirt for each one of my virtual neices in my heart. And Jord too! Not sure about those Bitty Twins yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post
question about a ruffler foot.....

Is it hard to learn how to use? I always hand gather my ruffles so that I know where it's going to be and most importantly.....if I'll have enough!!! With that said, I've got some extra $$$ and thought that might be a good purchase...but I'm rather intimidated by it.
Ok, once again, I started a reply an hour or so ago, an am just now getting back to finishing, so forgive me if this has been answered!

I thought the ruffler foot was pretty easy to use, as long as you are sure you have the right one for your machine, (high shank, low shank or slant shank). There are a few tutorial videos in the bookmarks (in my siggy) and definetely download teh YCMT tutorial E-book. And, when you are done with the ruffler, make sure you retighten your needle, it tends to losen up while you are using the ruffler, and I've had mine fall out when I start regular sewing again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore3847 View Post
I am working on a HSM set. hopefully I will have it done very soon for you guys!!!!

Lori
OOOH I can't wait!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedwiththeMouse View Post
Hi girls!

We just got back from Disney a little while ago and I wanted to share some pictures of the outfits I made...Enjoy!
Linda, Courtney looks so adorable in this picture!!! Thanks for sharing these with us!!!!
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
spongemommie05
DIS Veteran

Location: In a pineapple under the sea sipping on diet wild cherry pepsi with mystery

Okay i am posting on yesterday's stuff as well as so far,
NOTE to self when you can't breathe as is, due to being sick REMEMBER to BREATHE while looking at Heathersue's Cinderella this is what my face looked like......wow that is a beautimus dress you should be holding your head up high what a great job.
Now i am not able to remember everything but i know there were quite a few adorable things posted great job! Everyone ,
I am feeling a lil better but now i have to clean up the aftermath of mom being sick
(Did a Tasmanian Devil fly through myHouse)
spongemommie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allgirls View Post
Wow, those are amazing, great job!
Where did you get that cool slideshow in your signature?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongemommie05 View Post
Okay i am posting on yesterday's stuff as well as so far,
NOTE to self when you can't breathe as is, due to being sick REMEMBER to BREATHE while looking at Heathersue's Cinderella this is what my face looked like......wow that is a beautimus dress you should be holding your head up high what a great job.
Now i am not able to remember everything but i know there were quite a few adorable things posted great job! Everyone ,
I am feeling a lil better but now i have to clean up the aftermath of mom being sick
(Did a Tasmanian Devil fly through myHouse)
I'm glad you are feeling better today!
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
The Moonk's Mom
DIS Veteran

Wow! That is all I can say! We will be taking our very first family trip tp WDW in June. I started sewing DD first outfit and thought "hmmm...I wonder if I can find any really cool ideas online?" Silly me! You guys are great !!!! I have spent the last week looking at everything but now I must sew.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
Where did you get that cool slideshow in your signature?!?
Someone on Cafemom made it for me!
Lyme Blog
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLeighsDaddy View Post
Whoa! Hold the phone! Heather, that is AMAZING! You did a great job!
So worth killing your old machine to do this!

I just might have to TRY to CAB this one! Leigh is flipping out for it!
I'm trying to thumb through the pics to see what you all have been up to and I saw this -
first of all, GREAT JOB HEATHER! It's BEAUTIMOUS!!!!!
Second -
Tom: YOU COULD NEVER BUTCHER ANYTHING, YOU MEANIE HEAD!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
Tinka_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So am I the only one that starts planning what to pack and getting things organized well in advance? Our trip is in March and I am already making lists. Am I crazy?
We don't leave until May and I have already been planning what everyone is going to where. Also trying to keep things together that I know we will be needing to bring with us.

my3princes and Disney 4 Me: My DH's name is Colby also. He hates his name. Mainly because when he was younger his Step-Mother would call him cheesehead. She's kind of a mean person. She actually wore white to my wedding. I was so mad. She knew I was mad too.

Last edited by Tinka_Belle; 01-23-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Tinka_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
Flea
Mouseketeer

Wooohooo after 4 months of trying to get my machine to co-operate and do some shirring - finally I succeeded - I went to visit a friend and she had a similar sewing machine and she showed me what she needed to do (a bit long winded but who cares if it works). So I just had to share with my new sewing buddies I'm so excited - this opens a whole new world of outfits for me

I need to add the straps and do the hem but need my DD awake to do that. I'm on a roll now - soon I'll be able to make real trip outfits .and it's from my bargain table fabric I bought yesterday - $2/m and it will make at least 4 tops from that metre -now try beating that price for ready made stuff

We will also be going to Hawaii when we are on our trip and I saw some lovely Frangipani floral print yesterday (but didn't grab any as my hands were full of other bolts of fabric) so I'm going back today so I can make a couple of shirred dresses for over their swimwear

Oh and can someone give me measurements of a 4-5 year old - I can use my eldest DD for the 3yo stuff as that is how old my youngest will be when we go - but have no idea how big a 5 year old is

DL Oct 09 Hoping to go back in 2013
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedwiththeMouse View Post
Hi girls!

We just got back from Disney a little while ago and I wanted to share some pictures of the outfits I made...Enjoy!
Those are wonderful. Your kids look like they had a wonderful trip. Lots of attention I'm sure

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
ObsessedwiththeMouse
Diehard Packers fan, but, should be a ....... fan
My brother drives the monorail at WDW

Thanks everyone for the kind words...Here's a few more...

Mickey Boy Overalls.....

Snow White....

Cinderella....

ObsessedwiththeMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #13
TSNCS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore3847 View Post
I have a cute tutu skirt I made for our trip to DL at New years time.
Where did you get your fabric???????? This outfit is so cute, I love it.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #14
CastleCreations
Would take a cruise just to see Brent...
I will have to buy that tag fairy a mini sewing machine and teach her a thing or two...
Had some trouble turning under the perfect bun

This is what we're doing today....can you guess...Yesterday was Lexie's 5th birthday. So today we're having her party..
Here is a video of her with her new singing balloon...
Sorry it's sideways...LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVUBVRMDe8
CastleCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
revrob
A Custom Fairy

Quote:
I have not heard "Euchre" in years!!! I think ONLY people from Michigan play that game. (Which probably explains why I don't live in Mi anymore-I Never learned to play!)
SO, is the Euchre game played with spoons? Is that the game you're all talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post
question about a ruffler foot.....

Is it hard to learn how to use? I always hand gather my ruffles so that I know where it's going to be and most importantly.....if I'll have enough!!! With that said, I've got some extra $$$ and thought that might be a good purchase...but I'm rather intimidated by it.
It's not terribly difficult to learn. There is a learning curve though. You want to practice a bit before jumping in with fabric that is designated for an outfit. You also want to stitch nice and slow. HOWEVER, I may not be the best one to take advice from since I seem to be the ONLY PERSON that has managed to actually BRAKE a ruffler foot!

Quote:
No, you're not the only one. Our next trip isn't unti next January or February. I'm sewing for my DD for that trip already. I hope I'm guessing right on sizes!
revrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: