Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Arts and Crafts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
Tink561
DIS Veteran

Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
OK, so be gentle! This is my FIRST attempt at sewing and using a pattern! My MIL usually does all the sewing, but I have her so loaded down doing other vacation outfits, I thought I'd try a simple on on my own. Nothing fancy AT ALL, but I'm happy that I actually finished it!

The ruffles are SO bad, but if she moves real fast and you aren't too close up, I think don't anyone will notice!

Great job, I love it!

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 3 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1342831.

The thread is continued at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1733993
Old 08-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Tink561
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore3847 View Post
ok, someone posted the mickey pirate head. I too made a make shift pattern for the scarf, but have it going th other direction. Here is a pirate mickey tutu outfit I just made! It is so adorable. and for winter I though of putting black leggins underneath!

I love it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
alikat99
NO! Don't make me go to Super WalMart!!!
Where, oh where, is that Twilight Zone music?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Alikat – where did your mom get the mickey hands and head fabric? It looks like that sheet set we were discussing the other day.
Yep, you got it! It's the sheet fabric from Disneyshopping.com.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
tnmom25
I don't say anything funny, I just laugh at everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
OK, so be gentle! This is my FIRST attempt at sewing and using a pattern!
Great job for your first! I've still not used a pattern!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore3847 View Post
Adorable!!

2006, 2007, 2008 Offsite ~ March 2010 Princess Half Marathon ASMu ~ Sept.2010 POR ~ Feb.2011 Offsite ~ October 2012 Offsite ~ December 2013 Offsite
Old 08-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Camping Griswalds
DIS Veteran

Okay, any Little Einstein fans out there? This was a long planned, long discussed project for my daughter. The help I got on this was amazing. One of the frequent posters here sewed the jeans and top. Her work is amazing, and I actually got teary eyed when I saw everything. She truly went "above and beyond" to make a little girls 3rd birthday PERFECT!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikat99 View Post
This isn't one of my DDs, but my niece who was "modeling" the finished product before my mom (Nana) sent them to the girls. I was so excited, I just couldn't wait for them to just be mailed!!

I don't have a pic of the back, but it has a zipper up the back, with a red/white polka dot tie in the middle of the back. Really cute!
Thank you... that dress is stunning... wow... I simply adore it...

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedwiththeMouse View Post
I just wanted to add that I get my striped tights (black/white, orange/black, red/white) tights at Target every year. They are waaay cheaper than the Childrens Place.
Do they usually have them out for Halloween? Are they usually in the Halloween section or just the socks/hosery section? Thanks!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #8
esab4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Griswalds View Post
Okay, any Little Einstein fans out there? This was a long planned, long discussed project for my daughter. The help I got on this was amazing. One of the frequent posters here sewed the jeans and top. Her work is amazing, and I actually got teary eyed when I saw everything. She truly went "above and beyond" to make a little girls 3rd birthday PERFECT!!!

That is too adorable! My youngest loves Little Einsteins almost as much as she loves JoJo.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #9
tanyaandallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Amazing work!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
danicaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome! I love the tree, and Rocket.
Great Job! Cute fabrics too.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #11
tnmom25
I don't say anything funny, I just laugh at everyone else!

Quote:
OMG!!!!!! I absolutely love those!!!!! My dd2 loves LE and I wished I had made her something like this instead of Little Mermaid for MGM! I'll have to keep these in mind for next trip!

2006, 2007, 2008 Offsite ~ March 2010 Princess Half Marathon ASMu ~ Sept.2010 POR ~ Feb.2011 Offsite ~ October 2012 Offsite ~ December 2013 Offsite
Old 08-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
LisaZoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I bet your DD was in heaven with that set. I love all the details!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
revrob
A Custom Fairy

Quote:

This is AMAZING! I can see why you would be teary eyed - it is just WOW! My DD would LOVE that!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
aimeeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_seamstress View Post
My Local JoAnn's had them last year ... I haven't had time to check again this year yet, but I remember the packages had $2.99 printed on them as this regular price. They were regular thickness, not too thin.

These places offer them for $6-8 ... (+shipping?)
http://www.halloweenstreet.com/Acces...eAndShoeCover/
http://www.welovecolors.com/Shop/KidsTights.htm
http://www.halloweenexpress.com/stri...es-p-8189.html
Here's the search I made to find those places.

When I find seriously groovy tights, that are not in children's sizes = I sometimes use a small adult size tights on my 5yr old ... I just stitch off a bit of the leg/foot&trim ... they fit her just fine, in the legs ... sometimes, they are a bit long in the torso, but manageable. good luck.
My DD was two last year. I was able find older girls tights but nothing that would come close to fitting her. Last year she was a 3T. She planned on being Dorothy for Halloween but, when we got to Target she wanted to be the witch instead. She wore a black witch costume, hat, broom, black and white tights and ruby red slippers.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
aimeeg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellygirl View Post
OK I *love* these types of skirts..Ihavn't been able to figure out though how/where you are attaching the tulle layer! I am a visual learner, maybe you can take a pic with the 1st layer lifted up so I can see the next layer LOL

& Aimee G Thanks so much for posting the pirate head Mickey! I am using it for my Sons outift!
Thanks! I am glad you liked it. I am thinking my girls need them too! Oh well, what is two more shirts. hahaha
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: