Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Arts and Crafts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
Pixieshouse
DIS Veteran

Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 2

WOW that was fast, thanks!!!

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 2 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1342831.

The thread is continued at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1733993
Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRob View Post
Just sent you a pm
Thank you LadyRob!!!

Last edited by MouseTriper; 06-25-2007 at 01:45 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2007, 01:34 AM   #3
Tink561
DIS Veteran

:
Quote:
We will be there Sept. 14-16. I plan to take Destiny to Playhouse Disney Live on Tour at MGM. This is the day she will wear her JoJo outfit. So, there will be at least 2 little girls in custom outfits. Maybe we will cross paths.

Okay, I just checked the playhouse disney live on tour website and jojo is not in the show. I guess I need a Little Einsteins outfit too.
Gracie is going to wear the Jojo outfit anyway since we'll be dining with her and Little Einsteins is not a hit around here yet.

We will have to meet up somewhere. We can get a picture of them together and post it here.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
karrierock
Mouseketeer

Not enough posts to post pics yet... Ugghhhh
Old 06-25-2007, 01:55 AM   #5
karrierock
Mouseketeer

okay, lets see if this works. This was my daughter as Annie last year at Halloween. She even carried Rocket and I think only two kids knew who she was I'll get my Minnie and Nemo outfits up tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
sarahsmom73

DIS Veteran

I'll post some bows later.. I just keep thinking about how much money I am saving from buying them elsewhere! (That is what I told DH when I came home with a bag FULL of ribbon )

If anyone could point me in a direction of learning how to applique I would be forever in your debt! (Next to Disney of course)

3/89 ~ Contemporary (1st trip ever)4/90 ~ Off site,4/04 ~Easter at the Dolphin,4/05~ POP DD and Mommy trip!11/05 ~ Thanksgiving at POP!!!11/07 Thanksgiving at the Dolphin!Our 1st cruise Double Dip at CC 8/08, 4/09 ~ BWI Surprise trip with all of us!!,3/10 Gi-gi's Redo at the Swan, 6/12 DCL 8nt NYC

Last edited by sarahsmom73; 06-25-2007 at 07:34 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #7
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrierock View Post

okay, lets see if this works. This was my daughter as Annie last year at Halloween. She even carried Rocket and I think only two kids knew who she was I'll get my Minnie and Nemo outfits up tomorrow.
I have never really seen Little Einsteins, but DS loves them. I think if I saw her alone I wouldn't have known, but the rocket totally gives it away! I would know in a heartbeat! BTW, she is adorable! Does everyone on this thread have cute kids?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #8
alikat99
NO! Don't make me go to Super WalMart!!!
Where, oh where, is that Twilight Zone music?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Does everyone on this thread have cute kids?
Uhhh, OF COURSE!!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
Mono~rail
In a pinch, I've been known to read the phone book(ask me where I'm reading, though!

I'm about to get started on my first stripwork outfit for my twins. I'm a bit -- wish me luck and pixie dust because I think I'm gonna need it!

The theme is Disney Princesses!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:03 AM   #10
mcraft17
DIS Veteran

I am looking for some ideas for our Disney Cruise in Sept. I would really like to make a sailor dress or something nautical. I can't seem to find any good patterns like that. Everyone here has some neat designs so I thought I would check here. My dd is 11 but does still like to wear dresses (which is great for me!). Thank you!

09/07 Eastern Magic, 09/05 Western Magic
09/04 Shortened (Hurricane)Wonder Cruise
Disney World Too many times to count!!!
Disneyland 06/96 Honeymoon
Old 06-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
MoeFam
Mouseketeer

First off-
LadyRob- You are my new hero! Every outfit you have done is amazing- and am I wrong in remembering you really havnt been sewing that long? The Minnie outfit is just tremendous- BRAVO!!!!

Someone mentioned that their kids dont wear their Disney clothes around the house...what is everyone's consensus on this???? Do your kids wear these clothes at home- or are they saved just for Disney? As much as I adore Disney- we cant go more then every other year or so...I love these outfits- but will it be silly to wear them around Iowa??? The only one I have done so far is Laila's bday dress for her Minnie party- and I am still not done yet- the party is Sunday so I better get scootin'
Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #12
alikat99
NO! Don't make me go to Super WalMart!!!
Where, oh where, is that Twilight Zone music?!?!?!?!

Well, most of my girls stuff is a little more simple, some is more elaborate, but we wear it all the time. Now, that being said, I live in central FL, about 1.5 hrs from Disney. And, everyone, friends and family, know that we're a Disney family, so they just expect it. Heck, my DH has multiple Disney tropical shirts (the ones from Disneyshopping.com) and he wears them all the time. I think that if your children love Disney, and you've used the outfit for your vacation, then by all means, let them wear it. Otherwise, they'll grow out of it.

The only other option that I see for keeping them in really good shape, is if your plan is to resell them. There is quite a market for that, and you could get some of your initial "investment" back if you resell.

Just a thought...
Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #13
MiniGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzabc33 View Post
We are doing MGM on the 15th. Look for that Pluto Poodle skirt. When I ever get it finished I will post a pic. LOL
The 15th of Sept?? Or July??

I work at the Studios. Well, I'm taking the summer off, but this past spring I was looking for custom outfits and never saw any. I figured it was because I was at MGM, and because I'm not back in the Animation Courtyard. However, come fall, when I go back, I will once again be on the lookout for the outfits I've seen posted here.

eBay ID: Beachside*Designs -- Etsy ID: BeachsideDesigns
Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #14
Twins+2more
Mouseketeer

Your outfits are always so cute ! ! ! Did you make this like a twirl skirt? is that how that works out, or did you have a patter to work off of?

Quote:
Okay ladies, here is the next item in my Knock-Off Boutique. The original was posted by obsessedwiththemouse. I have to give a big thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and pictures. I'm not very good at coming up with my own designs but that is my next challenge. I plan to brainstorm tomorrow while I tackle that 12 hour shift.

The Minnie ears look a little warped in the picture but that's just how the dress is hanging. I wish I could post pics of DD in the outfit but I've promised DH I would not post pics of the kids anymore.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #15
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeysgirl View Post
im still confused. do i pin the two fabrics (that im joining) together at half and quarter marks, then pull the strings to gather?
You can, but it gets tricky when gathering over the pins. Ouch! I gather the whole thing up so they are the same length, then skooch it around to make the points match.
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: