Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #1111
lfeikert
DIS Veteran

I think there are others further back in this thread, but here are some pics of a Royal Guest Room and Oak Manor.

Oak Manor from the parking lot side

Royal Guest Room

Fiber Optic Headboard

Quiet pool between Oak Manor and Parterre Place--this was taken from right outside our door

DTD boat passing in front of Oak Manor

6/08-ASMu--first family trip!
3/26/12 POR Royal Guest Room--I don't know if we will ever stay anywhere else!!
lfeikert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #1112
sexyravenfan
Steamed Crabs, O's, and Natty Bohs

October 2012-POR
August 2010-POR
August 2008-POR
July 2005-POR
July 2002-POR
June 1998-DxL
June 1994-DxL
September 1990-FW

sexyravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #1113
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
If you look at Disney's website, for bookings for next year, they list the trundle bed is located in some AB rooms, but indicate the beds are doubles.

They indicate queens in all of the other rooms.

Only time will tell.
So there are no King rooms in AB? I was hoping for a king room in building 18 on our trip in December.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #1114
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
So there are no King rooms in AB? I was hoping for a king room in building 18 on our trip in December.
Before they upgraded the rooms.... we stayed at AB last year and had a king room.... however it was also a HA room.

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #1115
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
OK, to clarify that: after the current refurbishment program is complete, all of the older double beds will have been replaced with queens. At present, 4 out of the 16 Alligator Bayou buildings are done, with the rest due to be completed between April and August.

By the way, this is a photo thread, the main FAQ thread which will give you lots more info is at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271.

Andre
Question. I requested and paid the surcharge for the KING room but I also requested building 18. I realize "requests" are just that.....requests. Does anyone know if building 18 even has King rooms? I am really enjoying your photos Andre and Mike.....what camera/lens are you using to take these beautiful shots?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #1116
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Anyone have pics of royal guest rooms, Oak Manor or Paterre Place? Thanks!! Hoping to stay here for the first time this December!
i posted some a few pages back on this thread. they're not the greatest. i'd forgotten my regular camera and took them with my phone but they're there.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #1117
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Question. I requested and paid the surcharge for the KING room but I also requested building 18.
Yes there are King Rooms in all sections of Port Orleans except for the Royal Guest Room buildings Oak Manor and Parterre Place.

The King Room category effectively 'trumps' all other options, so there are some King Rooms within Preferred Location buildings and even some with River Views (though not in 18, as none of the rooms in 18 are considered River View).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #1118
mommycal
Mouseketeer

can someone please tell me roughly how far/long Port Orleans is from each of the 4 parks?

MK seems to be the futhest away. Then Epcot, and downtown disney seem close. We can take the boat to Epcot right? how far/long is that? how about to downtown? Is there a boat that takes you there? As always, thanks for your help!
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #1119
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
can someone please tell me roughly how far/long Port Orleans is from each of the 4 parks?

MK seems to be the futhest away. Then Epcot, and downtown disney seem close. We can take the boat to Epcot right? how far/long is that? how about to downtown? Is there a boat that takes you there? As always, thanks for your help!
No, there is no boat to Epcot. It is about a 5 minute bus ride away from POR. There is a boat to DTD and that is maybe 15 minutes. And a much nicer ride than the bus.

I'd say MK is the farthest away at about a 17 minute bus ride.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #1120
mommycal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
No, there is no boat to Epcot. It is about a 5 minute bus ride away from POR. There is a boat to DTD and that is maybe 15 minutes. And a much nicer ride than the bus.

I'd say MK is the farthest away at about a 17 minute bus ride.
ONLY a 17 minute bus ride? You just made my day. Granted I know there are pick up/drop offs when on a bus but I swear our travel agent said an hour to get from door to door from POR to the MK!

how about to the other parks? thanks again for your help
Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #1121
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ONLY a 17 minute bus ride? You just made my day. Granted I know there are pick up/drop offs when on a bus but I swear our travel agent said an hour to get from door to door from POR to the MK!

Yes, the actual ride on the bus is 17 minutes. However, your travel agent has a good point. If you have an ADR at one of the parks, allow an hour from your room to the ADR. Here's how/why getting to and ADR at Crystal Palace MK could take an hour

8:15A - Leave your room
8:20A - Arrive at bus stop just as a bus to MK is pulling away
8:40A - Get on the bus to MK
8:57A - Depart bus
9:07A - Make it through the Main Gate and bag check
9:15A - Arrive at your ADR

And actually, they request you check-in for an ADR 15 mintues before.

I only point this out because friends of ours were very late for an ADR one morning. We had just gotten back from a stay at CBR and they were going the next week. They asked how long the bus ride was to MK. I told them about 20 minutes. Well they didn't tell me they were asking because they had an ADR. The left their room at CBR at 8:20 for an 8:45 ADR at Crystal Palace and didn't get there until 9:15.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #1122
mommycal
Mouseketeer

ok, what is ADR? something dinner reservation?
Old 06-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #1123
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok, what is ADR? something dinner reservation?
Sorry, yes Advance Dining Reservation.

Last edited by dansdad; 06-22-2012 at 03:57 PM.
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #1124
DisFan89
Earning My Ears

This trip report from WindsorPrincesses has tons of pictures of the hotel rooms at Riverside http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2908155
Enjoy! It's a great TR too
DisFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #1125
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:

Your travel agent might have been giving you some worst case scenario! Or as Dansdad said, trying to get you used to the idea to leave in plenty of time for any dining reservations you have.

The trip from POR to MK (once all stops are picked up and its leaving the resort) is as someone said around 15-20 minutes. I'll add its a very pretty ride, they go the back way by Ft. Wildnerness and in the early evenings, we always see lots of deer. Its not a far ride at all since they do take that back route.

If you drive, this route doesn't work since you bypass the whole parking area. But the busses can take it and it saves time and again, gives a scenic route.

Epcot and DHS are even closer, AK is probably about the same as MK.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: