Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #1066
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Do the AB rooms have queen or full size beds?
Old 02-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #1067
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Do the AB rooms have queen or full size beds?
Yes they do.

OK, to clarify that: after the current refurbishment program is complete, all of the older double beds will have been replaced with queens. At present, 4 out of the 16 Alligator Bayou buildings are done, with the rest due to be completed between April and August.

By the way, this is a photo thread, the main FAQ thread which will give you lots more info is at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #1068
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #1069
opal6779
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
Here are some photos of our first trip to WDW in March 2006. We haven't been back to POR since then but I am hoping to go back for my surprise trip for the kids in December. Some of these I posted on the FAQ page, but a couple are new. The last one is of my family (as they looked in 2006)...notice the happy faces (still smiling after 11 days...Disney Magic!!).

Was wondering if it would be "allowed" for my husband and I to take some pictures in our wedding dress/suit on the grounds at the hotel? Was thinking about the gazebo in the pictures here. :-) We are renewing our vows while we are on vacation in Florida, but not at Disney world. I just think it would make for a few nice pictures to have. :-)
Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #1070
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal6779 View Post
Was wondering if it would be "allowed" for my husband and I to take some pictures in our wedding dress/suit on the grounds at the hotel? Was thinking about the gazebo in the pictures here. :-) We are renewing our vows while we are on vacation in Florida, but not at Disney world. I just think it would make for a few nice pictures to have. :-)
I think it'd be better to get someone to take them for you, kinda misses the point if you take it in turns to hold the camera.

But yes, you'll be fine, and it's a great location for such photos.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #1071
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal6779 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I think it'd be better to get someone to take them for you, kinda misses the point if you take it in turns to hold the camera.

But yes, you'll be fine, and it's a great location for such photos.

Andre
I was thinking as I read this it might be worth talking to the photo pass folks to see if they would be able to offer some assistance with this - however I don't know if they take photos at the resort but if they did.....

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #1072
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post

I will dig for some food court shots.
Nice shot KCmike--do you happen to remember which quiet pool this is? Also, do have pics of all the quiet pools here? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #1073
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Loving the pictures! Hoping to stay here next April! Can't wait!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #1074
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by disadventurer View Post
Nice shot KCmike--do you happen to remember which quiet pool this is? Also, do have pics of all the quiet pools here? Thanks.
This quiet pool is in the Alligator Bayou section near building 34. I do have other shots and will have to find them. Thanks for the nice comments!

2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Old 04-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #1075
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
This quiet pool is in the Alligator Bayou section near building 34. I do have other shots and will have to find them. Thanks for the nice comments!
You are very welcome. You take great shots and would love to see your collection! Thanks for always sharing them They really do get everyone excited--no GPS needed! I think Riverside has the most pools of all the hotels???? Need my pool fix! I think I am the only one in my family concerned with the pool! Definitely a part of my vacation memories as a kid, I guess
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #1076
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by disadventurer View Post
You are very welcome. You take great shots and would love to see your collection! Thanks for always sharing them They really do get everyone excited--no GPS needed! I think Riverside has the most pools of all the hotels???? Need my pool fix! I think I am the only one in my family concerned with the pool! Definitely a part of my vacation memories as a kid, I guess
My other quiet pool pics are on the other computer but I still owe you those shots. Here are a few more. I hope I haven't already shared these on this thread. I know I did on the other Riverside thread for planning. Anyways...

Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #1077
TrueDisneyLove61207
Mouseketeer

Bump
TrueDisneyLove61207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #1078
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Any new pictures of the Royal Rooms? I'm staying there in June and would love to see some more pictures and hear the opinions of people who have stayed there.

MissDisney121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #1079
KCmike

I owe someone some photos of the quiet pools, my apologies. I don't have them yet but I will go searching and have them by friday. Here are some others.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #1080
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

POR royal room from stay march 23-25 2012

my granddaughter is in these but wasn't thinking in terms of posting when i took them...oops.

a jasmine element at the sink

showing off the interactive headboard. there's a button on the side and the lights twinkle and fireworks shoot off. it's a short play so it's not going 24/7

there's a letter from tiana waiting to welcome you that's part of the table

the t is for tiana and part of the letter shown above but i had to take a pic to tease my granddaughter (who calls me T). i told her it was proof i'm a real princess and they were obviously expecting me

jasmine element of floor...the magic carpet

the pics on the wall in background are of various disney princesses and are done so they look like they've been taken at various points around the resort...like all of us do lol. example one of them on front steps of one of the mansions, a pick at the old man island pool area etc... it incorporated the resort in a really cute way. the bedspread has crowns on it each depicting the different princesses

shower curtain gives a nod to the little mermaid with it's decoration

center of headboard but again had to show granddaughter it was just for me "T"

hidden mickey on the shower curtain

up close of the bedspread showing the evil queen's apple...i'm sure others will argue it represents snow white (sigh)

general pic of room. curtains were blue and gold and gave a royal feel. profile pics of each prince on the wall

cinderellas carriage on the coat rack

throne chairs were cute touch

the stool/bench for putting suitcases etc...on looks like the little foot stool dog from beauty and the beast. the mirror on the wall behind it as well as several elements in the room are the carved wood look like at snow whites adventures in mk.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: