Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #76
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

sorry

sorry about posting same pic twice in that last reply.
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #77
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
We will be there then too! Going for the Minnie 5k.. staying there Thurs. May1 - May 5th
What are are you planning on staying in? We requested connecting rooms in Magnolia Terrace.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2008, 01:12 AM   #78
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
sitting inside the river mill eating breakfast

You will love this resort.

Which mansion is that in the background? I thought the mansions were further from the main building than that.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 AM   #79
SnowWitch
DIS Veteran

Love the pics, we're checking in three weeks from today in AB. We haven't stayed there since '98. After many attempts I couldn't snag a discount for the Poly and we really enjoyed AB when we stayed there 10 yrs ago. Can't wait.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:27 AM   #80
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
What are are you planning on staying in? We requested connecting rooms in Magnolia Terrace.

Well, since there are 5 of us - we will be in Alligator Bayou. (4 adults and 1 child) , it will be cozy, but it's just for 4 nights...
They said with our AP rate, we could get 2 rooms over at All Stars or PoP for like $50 more - but, i think we will just stay where we are - we all love hot tubs, and especially after running, i would be bummed that the all stars don't have them.. And my dd loves slides, and she will be hanging by the pool alot, so i think POR pool area would be a better fit.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #81
auntie k
If not at Disney, I'm scrapbooking!

I'm sorry, but I thought I posted a question ...but cannot for the life of me find it...so please don't flame me for asking again....can someone tell me if the mansions are considered preferred or is the Alligator Bayou?

Would anyone care to share a good building reccommendation...my priorities in order are 1) buses 2) food court 3) pool.

I think I have paid for a preferred room.
ASMovies, June 2002
ASMusic, June 2004
ASMovies, Sept 2004
Disney Wonder & Pop Century Oct 2005
Pop Century May 2007
POR- April 08
POFQ Oct 08
Grand Floridian - Dec 08 (my dream come true!)
auntie k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #82
ObsessedwiththeMouse
Diehard Packers fan, but, should be a ....... fan
My brother drives the monorail at WDW

When we went in December, we had a close building....28...and I didn't like it as much as building 34. 34 was really good for the buses (first stop), but far away from the food court. If I ever go to POR again, I would request building 34. In the end, the buses won out for me and I don't mind the walk to the food court.
ObsessedwiththeMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #83
kellig
Mouseketeer

I have seem some great pics, but have a silly question. What is the slide like on the main/themed pool at POR? I have seen tons of pics of the one at POFQ, but none of the one at POR.

THANKS Rora!
kellig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #84
Kimber1963
DIS Veteran

We are going to stay at POR for the first time in October. We are very excited. Love the pictures. Trying to decide if I want a mansion room or Ab room. Decisions, decisions...

Windsor Palms 10/08
POP 9/06
POP 9/05
Coronado Springs 12/03
Disney Magic 10/02
Wilderness Lodge 9/02
ASMo 1/01
AS Sports 5/94
Contemporary 1/92
Off-Property--too numerous to count
Disneyland 1971
Kimber1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #85
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
Well, since there are 5 of us - we will be in Alligator Bayou. (4 adults and 1 child) , it will be cozy, but it's just for 4 nights...
They said with our AP rate, we could get 2 rooms over at All Stars or PoP for like $50 more - but, i think we will just stay where we are - we all love hot tubs, and especially after running, i would be bummed that the all stars don't have them.. And my dd loves slides, and she will be hanging by the pool alot, so i think POR pool area would be a better fit.

We'll have to do a pool day. Maybe we will see you there!!! We have 6 total, so we got two rooms.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #86
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie k View Post
I'm sorry, but I thought I posted a question ...but cannot for the life of me find it...so please don't flame me for asking again....can someone tell me if the mansions are considered preferred or is the Alligator Bayou?

Would anyone care to share a good building reccommendation...my priorities in order are 1) buses 2) food court 3) pool.

I think I have paid for a preferred room.

I will try and answer your question:

POR has waterview rooms, and kingsize beds, and these are the prefered rooms, or at least, these cost more then the standardview. You can get standard rooms in both the AB section, and the Mansion section, just like you can get waterview or kingbed in both sections, you just pay a little more for it.

As far as room location goes, its a very personal thing -- we love the themeing of the AB section, so always ask to be in there, close to the foodcourt. Buildings 14, 15, 18 are all good, very close to the main building, and also close to the foodcourt. It is also pretty close to the main pool -- but let me tell you, one of the best things about POR are the numerous quiet pools, all lovely in themselves, and you are bound to be very close to one, as there are 4 or 5 quiet pools scattered around POR.

If mansions are your thing, (they look gorgeous from the pictures too) there is one mansion that is very close to the main building and the main pool, I think Magnolia is the one that is the closest, but I could be wrong.

I think the main depot by the building (south) is usually considered the 'best' bus stop, because the busses stop here first on the way into the parks. AB buildings 14, 15, 18 are very close to the main bus stop, so in addition to being closest to the food court, you are close to the main bus stop.

My fav building is 14 or 18 in the AB section.

In this thread earlier on, someone gave a link to a site that has a lot of info on Port Orleans, and on it is a very good map to show you the buildings.
Its portorleans.org, and hit the hints and tips page, it gives you ideas of what the 'best' locations are.

One more point,,, best location are very individual, some people very much prefere other buildings that are further away because of the peaceful quiet atmosphere, and other factors. I just gave you what I like, and the reason I like it.

HTH

~A
Rileygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #87
cdfl30
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" ~ Walt Disney

Port Orleans is my favorite resort! Here are a few photos from past stays...

Old 03-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #88
Caitsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
We'll have to do a pool day. Maybe we will see you there!!! We have 6 total, so we got two rooms.

Ya, i think b/c it is going to be warm down there at that time, i am assuming, we will be spending most of the daytime hours by the pool, and doing parks at night.. Considering this is our second trip this year - (we go every november for TG) - so i am not going to burn myself out waiting in line for rides i have gone on lots of time.. ya know?? I plan on getting as much R&R as i can - with a pina colada in my hand!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #89
Caitsmama

cdfl30 -- those pics are BEAUTIFUL!! Great eye!!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #90
auntie k
If not at Disney, I'm scrapbooking!

thanks Rileygirl...you helped a ton....
ASMovies, June 2002
ASMusic, June 2004
ASMovies, Sept 2004
Disney Wonder & Pop Century Oct 2005
Pop Century May 2007
POR- April 08
POFQ Oct 08
Grand Floridian - Dec 08 (my dream come true!)
auntie k is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: