Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #826
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

We were thre last week and loved the place. We were in AB bilding 16 and were close to everything. Can't wait to go back next May. Pictures don't really give the resort justice. It's a beautiful place.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #827
peaches00
Mouseketeer

i don't know how i am going to last until christmas when i surprise hubby and son and daughter in law with trip in may. i'm dying to use one of these photos for my desktop wallpaper but can't because hubby works with me. i am going to burst i am so excited. it looks beautiful and we have deluxe dining. yayayayayay!!!!!

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
peaches00 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #828
Googelibear
Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches00 View Post
i don't know how i am going to last until christmas when i surprise hubby and son and daughter in law with trip in may. i'm dying to use one of these photos for my desktop wallpaper but can't because hubby works with me. i am going to burst i am so excited. it looks beautiful and we have deluxe dining. yayayayayay!!!!!
What a fantastic surprise you got for your people. I am excited for you. I sure hope that you'll let us know how that went

Looking at your other trips, won't they expect a trip?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #829
AllSaints
Beverly=Delicious

Has anyone heard about a refurb on POR for April 2011?

Also, I've read some really bad reports online about this resort (I stayed in 2007 and loved it), I'd like to know if anyone has been there recently and noted that it's gone down hill in anyway..
Old 12-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #830
myramsy
Mouseketeer

thanks for the pics everyone...I am super excited for my trip in 6 more sleeps!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:14 AM   #831
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSaints View Post
Has anyone heard about a refurb on POR for April 2011?
Yes, POR is due to start its rehab in April as soon as they have finished POFQ.See the POR FAQ thread here, or www.portorleans.org/rehab.php for the latest news.

I was at POR two months ago and couldn't find a single thing wrong with the room, we had a great stay. Had a lovely chat with one of the mousekeeping staff who has worked for Disney for 20 years and was on the opening crew for POR and has been there ever since, and she says the resort upkeep is excellent. She seemed to love her job, and took a great deal of pride in the resort.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 12-15-2010 at 05:23 AM.
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #832
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googelibear View Post
What a fantastic surprise you got for your people. I am excited for you. I sure hope that you'll let us know how that went

Looking at your other trips, won't they expect a trip?
The kids didnt go with us to portofino as they were busy in college and med school and they went to disney but knew about it. I told my son that there is a family gift they have to open together. I told him it was something that they will need for their future life together (to throw them off track). he came home a couple weekends ago and said "so what's the big gift, an all expense paid trip to disney?" i laughed and said yeah right. i told him i would look next year to see if there are any deals and maybe we could go. anyway, i printed out pieces of paper that say "you're going to disneyworld!!!Merry Christmas!!! My husbands says port orleans riverside with deluxe dining and theirs says port orleans french quarter with deluxe dining. That's where they like to go. I also printed out all lunch and dinner reservations and their air reservations. I will put copies in three separate boxes, wrap them with their names on each, then put the small boxes in large box and have my soon to be daughter in law open it and hand out the boxes. THEY ARE GOING TO DIE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

royal pacific club 2007
Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #833
Googelibear

Quote:
The kids didnt go with us to portofino as they were busy in college and med school and they went to disney but knew about it. I told my son that there is a family gift they have to open together. I told him it was something that they will need for their future life together (to throw them off track). he came home a couple weekends ago and said "so what's the big gift, an all expense paid trip to disney?" i laughed and said yeah right. i told him i would look next year to see if there are any deals and maybe we could go. anyway, i printed out pieces of paper that say "you're going to disneyworld!!!Merry Christmas!!! My husbands says port orleans riverside with deluxe dining and theirs says port orleans french quarter with deluxe dining. That's where they like to go. I also printed out all lunch and dinner reservations and their air reservations. I will put copies in three separate boxes, wrap them with their names on each, then put the small boxes in large box and have my soon to be daughter in law open it and hand out the boxes. THEY ARE GOING TO DIE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!
Yay! get the duct tape out in case your mouth won't stay shut. I count on you to keep this secret
Old 12-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #834
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googelibear View Post
Yay! get the duct tape out in case your mouth won't stay shut. I count on you to keep this secret
I can't believe I kept this secret but I did and they are so excited. Worth every penny. I hope you have great trip when you go!

royal pacific club 2007
Old 12-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #835
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I can't believe I kept this secret but I did and they are so excited. Worth every penny.
So how did they take the news?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #836
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Andre, they were in complete shock at first, then utter joy. I booked them at @ french quarter and brought up pics of refurbished rooms from your website and they were thrilled. My husband said he would rather stay on monorail so I showed him the magnolia bend pics from your site and he got excited! Wonderful day! Thanks for your great site that they can now obsess over!!!!!

royal pacific club 2007
Old 12-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #837
Googelibear

Quote:
I can't believe I kept this secret but I did and they are so excited. Worth every penny. I hope you have great trip when you go!
Thank you. I am packing as we speak
Old 12-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #838
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I love the landscaping at POR. Here are some photos from my stay in May 2010:

auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #839
RetiredSgtBiloandMe
Earning My Ears

Thanks to all for wonderful info and beautiful pictures we are looking forward to our first on-site stay and first ever trip without children in Feb. Can't wait to experience POR for ourselves but at least I can hang out here and feed my excitement for the next 45 days!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #840
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Lovely photos! I loved the evening photo of Boatwrights a few pages back. This is our next resort for our next trip in May 2012
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: