Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #811
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Contact Disney in advance and speak with their special assistance folks who will be able to get a room pre-allocated for you on medical grounds. I can't remeber the number off the top of my head, but I know it's on the Resort Info page on my website.

[Just looked it up for you: 1-407-939-7807]

Andre
Thank you... We have already got it booked as an accessible room, just worried that there might not be an accessible room available at AB since there are so few of them. Wish I could find out which buildings have them. (We also booked standard view, while we would like to be close to the bus stops, its not as big of a deal as the cost to upgrade to preferred is.)

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #812
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
Thank you... We have already got it booked as an accessible room, just worried that there might not be an accessible room available at AB
Give that number a call, they normally can request and block-out a specific room in advance for medical reasons, rather than just an "accessible" room.

It's worth trying anyway as there are also a number of rooms in the middle of the mansion buildings (next to the lifts) which are modified for disability access.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #813
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

Here are a few pictures of POR from last week while we were there. I'm not a very good photographer and don't know how to use my camera properly so bare with me

There a lot of Mousekeeping pictures because we had an awesome Mousekeeper

We were in Bldg 16 room # 1656 it was also a connecting room.

View from balcony. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the quiet pool which was directly in front of our room

Walking to the Foodcourt. It was about a 5 minute or less walk.

The trundle. I actually slept in in one night and it wasn't too bad!

Our silly Mousekeeper's tricks

The stuffy's were watching T.V. one day when we returned

Pooh made a hammack to watch T.V. :

A line up for the washroom

Star Wars figurine's looking out the window:

Sugar Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #814
Yarna
Wishing I were at WDW

You had a great Mousekeeper!! That pic of the stuffed animals watching TV made me LOL! Thanks!

October 24-31, 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
March 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
March 2012 - Caribbean Beach
October 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2010 - Coronado Springs
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Carribean Beach
Yarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #815
Hugpug
NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS

Your Mousekeeper was a HOOT to say the least. Great pictures I had my ROFL today for sure. Thanks for making my day.

Next Trip When and If a Winful Happens cool1:
Have sayed at FW,POLY,CR,CB,ASM,POP,WL,POR,POFQ,Grovesor,Offsite over the years.
Hugpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #816
calngavinsmom
Mouseketeer

Just back yesterday.....Pictures truely don't do this resort justice.....so very beautiful

calngavinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #817
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

In just four days I should be arriving here:

Just thought I'd mention it...

And to celebrate, I've just added 1,500 new photos (such as the ones above) to the Photo Gallery at portorleans.org. I thought I'd better get around to uploading that lot before I come back with a ton more in a couple of weeks! LOL

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-17-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #818
fterie4u
DIS Veteran

We are staying at POR for the first time in April so these pictures are so exciting to see! Thank you!
4/2011 - Isabella's 5th Birthday trip at the Beach Club!!!!!
10/2011 - Big family trip and AKL!!!!
2/2012 - Birthday trip to BWI CL!!!
9/12-Family trip to BC!!!
10/13-10th anniversary trip to AKL!!!!
fterie4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:25 AM   #819
laura428
DIS Veteran

Just booked our first POR stay tonight after landing a great deal with free dining, so great in fact that it turned out to be cheaper than the fabulous off-site deal we'd previously booked. Love seeing all of the pics - thanks so much for sharing!

Question for you all... where is the best place to stay for a family with two young children (5 and 7), that has fairly good access to the Sassagoula Steamboat Company but is also reasonably quiet? We'll have a car with us... I'm assuming parking is accessible from all areas, correct? We won't need access to the public transportation... plan on driving for the most part (which we learned we prefer over the last two trips), except for the occasional boat ride to Downtown Disney.

Thanks in advance for the help...
2014 Princess Half Marathon
laura428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #820
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Might be worth checking out the main FAQ thread for Riverside. There's lots of info in the first post which might help you, including a map.

Andre

Old 10-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #821
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Might be worth checking out the main FAQ thread for Riverside. There's lots of info in the first post which might help you, including a map.

Andre
That's exactly what I need, must have missed it as I was scrolling through last night! Thanks much...
Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #822
louisianatigger
Earning My Ears

Any christmas pictures of this resort ???

We will be staying here Nov 27 thru Dec 5. DW and I stayed here for our 20th anniversary last May.WE LOVED IT !!!!. Decided to bring the whole family back this year for christmas. There will be 6 of us all together. DS 17 and his girlfriend, mother-in-law, my other DS12, DW and me. WE had to get two rooms to do the girlfriend thing.We have stayed at other resorts and like going around Christmas. Any pictures out there of this resort at this time. thanks
louisianatigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #823
BabyRN
DIS Veteran

louisiannatigger I'll be there with my family the same time! We're going 11/28-12/5! I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away, and seeing these pics are definitely helping to kill the time, but adding to the excitement too! We were there in April 2008 and I just can't wait to get there again!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #824
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Another one staying the same week; November 27th through December 4th.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #825
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Another one staying the same week; November 27th through December 4th.
And another... 11/28 to 12/5 in AB building 14.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: