Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #1591
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting those photos - they are breathtaking! I'm loving POR already and we haven't even been there yet! Counting the days....

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Katelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #1592
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
yes I had a couple of days where I was out strolling with my camera before sunrise. That is when I usually find the best colors in the sky. Well, sunset and immediately following as well but I am never at the resort at that time since we are usually out and about. The problem I have with the early morning pics is that as soon as my camera hits the thick August Florida humidity after being refrigerated in the room AC overnight my lenses instantly fog up and It take about a half hour for them to be ready for action.
Yup, I have the same problem with humidity instantly condensing on the cold glass and lenses fogging after coming out from air con. There's not much you can do about it until the glass warms up - otherwise, as soon as you clean the lens it fogs right up again. I don't know whether a gentle blow with the hair dryer might help warm the glass?

Photographers always recommend the hour after sunrise and the hour before sunset for taking warm, rosy photos (golden hour) or even when the sun is just sliding below the horizon but there's still a lovely blue hue to the light (blue hour). In the middle of the day the light is so harsh and direct that pictures seem washed out (the sky especially).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #1593
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great pics everyone!! We will be staying at POR for the first time in Nov!
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #1594
akakaty
Earning My Ears

Beautiful pictures! Getting super excited for our trip in December! Wooo!

Me: DBF:
akakaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #1595
lovthesurf
Earning My Ears

These might be my favorite pictures so far! We have a WHOLE year to wait....why am I torturing myself? lol Seriously though, I already booked our hotel for NEXT December but I had been considering switching (probably because the resort is the only thing I can plan this far out, lol) any way all of these pictures and this informative thread have me sooooo geeked, I can't wait to get up early and go for a run on this beautiful property!!!! Thanks to everyone for the great thread!!!

more trips than I can count before I turned 16
2003 Honeymoon CBR
2012 All Star Music
Next up POR!!!!! Dec 14-20, 2014
lovthesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #1596
karenklo
DIS Veteran

Due to this thread-I decided to surprise my DH with a trip to WDW for NYE and our wedding anniversary Jan 1st! After looking at this the pics here I knew that POR is the perfect place for a couples trip!!! So pretty!!! Thanks for the pics!
Old 10-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #1597
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenklo View Post
Due to this thread-I decided to surprise my DH with a trip to WDW for NYE and our wedding anniversary Jan 1st! After looking at this the pics here I knew that POR is the perfect place for a couples trip!!! So pretty!!! Thanks for the pics!
It is! My husband and I stayed in a Royal Room in June and we loved it! Have a great time! NYE will be such a magical time to be there.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #1598
katie111
DIS Veteran

Murphy bed?

I've been searching this thread but cannot seem to find a picture of the extra bed. If anyone has one or can point me to where in this thread there is one, I would really appreciate it. Thinking of including my nephew on our next trip and want to see how we would all fit in one POR room. Thanks!
Off site 2008

Wilderness Lodge 2008
Caribbean Beach 2009

Off site 2010
POR 2010, Swan 2011
All Star Music/Movies 2012
Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2013
katie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #1599
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Go to this site and you can see tons of pictures of the AB rooms.

http://portorleans.org/gallery-POR-AB-Rooms.php
Old 11-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #1600
caitlinnf
Mouseketeer

These are such gorgeous photos. I can't wait to stay here in Feb. It looks so beautiful!
caitlinnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #1601
toonaspie
Just a poser

POR is the most beautiful of the moderate resorts. You almost forget that you are in WDW just by walking around in it.
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #1602
DisMama5
Mouseketeer

POR looks wonderful, I have a question, I noticed the rooms and food areas look a bit rustic.. I realize this is the theming since it is relating to old New Orleans etc. so is much of the resort like this? Does most all the bedrooms look like that? Besides the royal rooms of course...

We have never stayed at POR and are considering it for our next trip but aren't huge fans of the rustic look in the rooms :/ but the royal rooms look fabulous, now are those in a different price range?
DisMama5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #1603
SuzieN
DIS Veteran

The Alligator Bayou section of POR does have a very rustic theme. I think it's charming and have requested to be in that section for my upcoming trip.
The mansion section is not rustic at all. Royal Rooms are located there, and they do cost a bit more than a regular room. The grounds in this area are breathtakingly beautiful - especially at night.
I have stayed in both sections and enjoy both. POR is my absolute favorite resort....I can't get myself to even consider staying anywhere else anymore.
SuzieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #1604
arielNeric
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieN View Post
The Alligator Bayou section of POR does have a very rustic theme. I think it's charming and have requested to be in that section for my upcoming trip. The mansion section is not rustic at all. Royal Rooms are located there, and they do cost a bit more than a regular room. The grounds in this area are breathtakingly beautiful - especially at night. I have stayed in both sections and enjoy both. POR is my absolute favorite resort....I can't get myself to even consider staying anywhere else anymore.
So can you answer me this? I have a family of 5. Will we for sure be in alligator bayou since that sleeps five, or are there other places? And if so, what room requests are best to make in that section? Thanks!
arielNeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #1605
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielNeric View Post
So can you answer me this? I have a family of 5. Will we for sure be in alligator bayou since that sleeps five, or are there other places? And if so, what room requests are best to make in that section? Thanks!
If you are a family of 5 you WILL definitely be placed in Alligator Bayou as that is the only section that sleeps 5 due to the Murphy bed. We stayed at POR for the first time 2 months ago and I was hoping and praying for the mansions section, I'm not one to make room requests but I figured since it was just 2 of us there was noway we would be placed in AB! Guess what? We were! lol I am not outdoorsy in ANY way and was sooo not into that look so I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Until we got inside! I actually loved it so much. It's so cozy and I'm totally obsessed with the "wood" shower. I truly loved the room and I was glad we were placed there Keep an open mind, you may be surprised! Have fun
Andrea817 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: