Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
mickeymyfavorite
DIS Veteran

Disney Photo Session PART II

Disney Photo Session PART II.........

WOW!!! In the last 3 years this has changed a lot!!!!! and the cost is not justified IMO.

So I just called and here is some updated information

Disney Fine Art Photography is the photographers that take you for a personal session. They are the same as the Disney Photo Pass that you see in the park. But at the resort for personal photo sessions they are called “Disney Fine Art Photography”

Still Disney photo sessions are only at:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and the Beach Club.

You have to book in advance, and there is a $25.00 non refundable deposit regardless when you cancel.
Times: early session 7:30am-11:30am then again from 3:00 pm-6:00 pm

There are only 2 packages

Package “A”
Cost $99.95
20 min session
How many pictures: depends how corporative your party is.

What you get for $99.95 Images on a disk that will be ready for you at the end of the day at the resort your photo session was taken,. NO they won’t deliver to the hotel you are at. I asked ….nothing other then the photos on a disk. NO PRINTS are included at all. Very

Package “B”
Cost: $350.00 for and additional $50.00 you get a disk with all the pictures taken during your photo session.
1 hour session
How many pictures: again it depends how corporative your party is.

What you get for $350.00 6x6 photo proof book soft cover with your family name embossed on the cover. Image retouching such as: making a picture black and white, softening of the pictures, removing red eye ETC... For an addition $50.00 you receive the disk with all the pictures you have taken during your session. The disk is not included in the $350.00 that you are already spending.

I called twice to confirm the above information, I called the main tel# 1-407-934-4004, and then I called one of the hotels (Disney Animal Kingdom) just confirm the information.

I hope anyone that does the private sessions would share there photo's
Aug 98’ ASSP ~ Aug 00’ POFQ ~ Aug 04’ POFQ ~ July 05’ POFQ ~ Nov 05’ CBR ~ July 06’ CBR ~ Nov 06’ CSR ~ July 07’ POFQ ~ Nov 07’ AKL ~ April 08’ ASMO ~ July 08' AKL ~Nov 08' SSR ~ April/May 09' CSR ~ Sept 09' BWV ~ Nov 10' CBR ~ Aug 12' AKL ~ May 13' CBR ~ July 13' POLY~ March 14' CR

Last edited by mickeymyfavorite; 04-06-2011 at 09:55 AM.
mickeymyfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

That $350 does NOT seem like a deal at all. Who would pay that and then not want the pics on CD as well?
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
mickeymyfavorite
DIS Veteran

I agree!!!! I think they got greedy.
Aug 98’ ASSP ~ Aug 00’ POFQ ~ Aug 04’ POFQ ~ July 05’ POFQ ~ Nov 05’ CBR ~ July 06’ CBR ~ Nov 06’ CSR ~ July 07’ POFQ ~ Nov 07’ AKL ~ April 08’ ASMO ~ July 08' AKL ~Nov 08' SSR ~ April/May 09' CSR ~ Sept 09' BWV ~ Nov 10' CBR ~ Aug 12' AKL ~ May 13' CBR ~ July 13' POLY~ March 14' CR
mickeymyfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
wmears95
Earning My Ears

Is it possible to hire a photographer from "the outside" to do a photo shoot at a resort?
wmears95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

you absolutely can hire an outside photographer for a RESORT. they can not go into a park for a shoot though. most local photographers know the rules and stick with them. some can be pricy but are quite good. ones that i can think of include misty miotto, david and vicki ardnt, randy chapman, and jason angelini. these are most popular among disney brides.

the $350 sounds very high, i understand... but it does say they are retouched and edited--which is beyond amazing. those other shoots were just point and click, you get whatever happens pictures. you could get some really great pictures from these!! being that they are from Disney's Fine Are Photographers, the quality of photography will be better as well. Photopass photographers may have little to zero training in photography or how to use their camera. As a future Disney bride, I have done a LOT of research and have come across lots of information on the boards.

i would rather pay for the better quality than to get an hour worth of "not so great" pictures for $99.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
michellev
Mouseketeer

We just had the resort session at the BC in March. We did a session last year and based on what we got, I think we had the new version (ie just the disk and no extra pictures).

I was able to get a DVC discount - I think they total was $85.00. I had to give a credit card # at time of booking and they charged the card on the day of the shoot. Last year I paid when we arrived at our session.

I didn't find the quality any better than last year - in fact I would say that the photographer was more skilled last year although the one we had this year took a lot more shots and used more locations which was nice.

Overall, I'm still happy with the price and the results and will definitely do it again on our next trip.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
wdwdancerwannabe
DIS Veteran

I'm interested to know - how many pics do people usually get out of the 20 min. session?? We are a family of 4... I know it says: Depending on how cooperative your party is... but how many are people getting?? Thanks!

Saratoga Springs 2011 - 15 days:
Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2766409

WDW Dancer Wannabe
wdwdancerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
yrdlyprincess
DIS Veteran

would love to know if anyone knows other photographers in the area that would come to the resort....

Hubby and the kids will pack and plan--ok maybe just pack!

yrdlyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

I've read postings of others using Root Photography. Their pictures were fabulous!
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
BurleyGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

had the 20 min session at the Poly in October. Found the biggest pain was the fact that the photographer was reluctant to take all shots in one area despite the fact that we were happy and then had to search for a spot without other guests/wedding photographer to take outside photos. We had 23 shots on our $99 disc. I would say three were fantastic and of the others roughly ten good and ten rubbish.

Certainly wasn't as good as our previous resort session at GF back in 2007 when the shots were a bargain.

We were tempted to go again at the AKL this trip but will wait and see.

Has anyone ever had a one-off photo taken by a photopass photographer without booking a slot at a resort?

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
I've read postings of others using Root Photography. Their pictures were fabulous!
they are fabulous! they moved to tennessee this year. they still will travel, mostly for disney weddings, but i'm sure the cost will be higher than it already was--and they're not cheap to begin with. they are spectacular though!!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
texasbloke
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they still do photos in the hotel lobbies at night?

When we were there 2 years ago, their were Photopass Photographers in the lobbies at Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and upstairs at Grand Floridian, at night.

I am just wondering if that is still an option?
texasbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Thanks for updating the Photo Session info. It boggles the mind that the $350 session doesn't include the CD. It seems they're trying to capture the wedding photography crowd rather than the family photo shoots.

So glad we did this under the "old system" in 2009. We had a group of 10 people and had some FABULOUS shots. I wouldn't do it again for what they're charging now.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbloke View Post
Does anyone know if they still do photos in the hotel lobbies at night?

When we were there 2 years ago, their were Photopass Photographers in the lobbies at Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and upstairs at Grand Floridian, at night.

I am just wondering if that is still an option?
I think that is kind of a random thing
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #15
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellev View Post
We just had the resort session at the BC in March. We did a session last year and based on what we got, I think we had the new version (ie just the disk and no extra pictures).

I was able to get a DVC discount - I think they total was $85.00. I had to give a credit card # at time of booking and they charged the card on the day of the shoot. Last year I paid when we arrived at our session.

I didn't find the quality any better than last year - in fact I would say that the photographer was more skilled last year although the one we had this year took a lot more shots and used more locations which was nice.

Overall, I'm still happy with the price and the results and will definitely do it again on our next trip.
We just did it at BCV a couple of weeks ago and paid the same. We got about 40+ photos, but my son moved slowly, so others may get many more. I love our photos and would definitely do it again.

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: