Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2008, 04:48 AM   #16
jjpenguin
A penguin with mouse ears & wooden shoes?
I'm going to sulk!!

Glad to hear all the positive comments, it looks like I'll be talking to DH on this one and starting to make my list...
July 1974 Offsite * Feb 1997 Offsite * Feb 1998 Offsite * Feb 1999 Offsite * Feb 2000 POFQ and Disney Wonder * March 2001 DLP Sequoia Lodge * Nov 2001 1st DVC trip VWL + OKW * March 2003 BWV + AKL Concierge * May 2004 HH + BCV for Star Wars Weekends * Nov 2004 OKW solo trip * Feb 2005 Disneyland * Sept 2005 DVC Member Cruise & Vero Beach * May 2006 Star Wars Weekends again, at BWV * Sept 2006 2nd Solo trip at ASMu and SSR * May 2007 Using up our AP at OKW - Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure on the 7 Seas Lagoon * Sept 2007 Very last minute quick fix solo trip at SSR! * Sept 2008 - DH and me at SSR

jjpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #17
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Wink

I signed up tonight

I'd never have thought a big purple box (currently empty) could make me look forward to our next trip to Orlando this much!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #18
Pootle

DIS Veteran

Ok Hilary, colour me officially envious (Appropriate colour for the smiley!) I've toyed with the idea for ages but DH - who does the lugging of the cases after all - thinks it's a waste of money. But I just like the idea - and I do make the trip with a friend too when I have to haul my own stuff about.

I think I've just talked myself into it too
Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #19
jdvm
Purple Van Driver

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Glad to have you as a new member, Hilary, and thanks to some of our Members who jumped in on this thread and did a better job describing Owner's Locker than I could!

Pootle, your husband is very typical. One of the reasons no one has offered a service like Owner's Locker before is that people don't think they need it. After all, folks have been coming to WDW for quite some time without OL and have gotten along just fine!

But we hear ALL the time from people who've tried us that the way they vacation has been transformed. I'm sure we will at some point, but we haven't found a Member who doesn't like it.

And that's our challenge. How do we get people like your husband to give us a try??

Tell him there's a risk-free trial where we'll give you every penny back if you don't like it....or, better yet, let him have a look at the lists of things people tell us they store and see if that helps. There are several OL packing lists on the DVC forums here at The DIS and the Owner's Forums (in the Community section of the OL site) also has lots of lists.

John

www.ownerslocker.com
the purple place for storing your vacation stuff
jdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #20
Pootle

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvm View Post
Pootle, your husband is very typical. One of the reasons no one has offered a service like Owner's Locker before is that people don't think they need it. After all, folks have been coming to WDW for quite some time without OL and have gotten along just fine!

But we hear ALL the time from people who've tried us that the way they vacation has been transformed. I'm sure we will at some point, but we haven't found a Member who doesn't like it.

And that's our challenge. How do we get people like your husband to give us a try??

Tell him there's a risk-free trial where we'll give you every penny back if you don't like it....or, better yet, let him have a look at the lists of things people tell us they store and see if that helps. There are several OL packing lists on the DVC forums here at The DIS and the Owner's Forums (in the Community section of the OL site) also has lots of lists.

John
Hello John, after writing my response in the above post, I sent the link to DH (currently working in Italy) and he replied immediately "Good idea if it helps you ....!" I didn't need his permission - we're not that sort of couple - but it was nice to have that kind of response

So, I'll be along to sign up soon
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #21
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvm View Post
have a look at the lists of things people tell us they store and see if that helps. There are several OL packing lists on the DVC forums here at The DIS and the Owner's Forums (in the Community section of the OL site) also has lots of lists.

John
This brings me to my next question - can I use my 'dashboard' to list things I want to put in my locker when I get to it, or is the list only for items already in the locker ... or is it entirely up to me how I use my dashboard? (Can you tell I'm ever so slightly obsessive? )

Moira - glad I can make you envious sometimes!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #22
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Congratulations (?!) Hilary and Moira. There should be some sort of "Welcome Home" type greeting for people who become Owner's Locker members! How about "Happy Packing"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I'd never have thought a big purple box (currently empty) could make me look forward to our next trip to Orlando this much!
It's crazy, but it's true!!!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #23
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
Ok Hilary, colour me officially envious (Appropriate colour for the smiley!) I've toyed with the idea for ages but DH - who does the lugging of the cases after all - thinks it's a waste of money......
The way I look at it is "what price convenience" although I'd better not let John from Owners Locker see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
This brings me to my next question - can I use my 'dashboard' to list things I want to put in my locker when I get to it, or is the list only for items already in the locker ... or is it entirely up to me how I use my dashboard? (Can you tell I'm ever so slightly obsessive? )
I think that's a good idea to use your Dash Board to list what you want to put in your locker

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #24
jdvm
Purple Van Driver

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Hi Hilary,

Te dashboard is what we call the My Account section of the OL site. Here's a screen shot of what it looks like:

http://www.ownerslocker.com/popup/dashboard.cfm

The online inventory can be reached by clicking on the "edit locker" button. If you have more than one Locker, you can have a separate inventory for each one.

The inventory software is very flexible. You enter an item--like "shampoo" and then you can enter the details for the item such as "Johnson's Baby Shampoo; 50 ml; half full." When you click on edit locker again, a list starts to build.

You can also use the inventory for a list of things to put in your Locker; a list of things to buy, a list of things to do, your restaurant reservations, etc. You can print it out before you leave or access from any computer.

For an even longer explanation, have a look at this post:

http://www.ownerslocker.com/blog/200...t_ive_sto.html

Tink, you're safe, we have no plans to raise prices. When we did our business plan, we assumed we'd hold prices for at least three years. I just hate it when people just automatically raise prices. We're in this business for the long term.

Good news, Pootle. Tell your husband, I aways kept a bottle of champagne and candles in our Locker for the jacuzzi when I was testing out the service when i was based in London!

John

www.ownerslocker.com
the purple place for storing your vacation stuff
jdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:33 AM   #25
Ali and boyz
DIS Veteran

just about to go ans sign up for an owners locker hopefully it will help us not having to humph all ds medical stuff each year

Ali and boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:54 AM   #26
TinkTatoo
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali and boyz View Post
just about to go ans sign up for an owners locker hopefully it will help us not having to humph all ds medical stuff each year
You won't regret it and just think of all that extra space you'll have coming home

Old 03-13-2008, 07:18 AM   #27
Lisa1976
Lover of all things Disney

I had seen this advertised before and considered it, but im not sure if its a little pricey (with the joining fee and yearly rates) or not, still trying to convince myself its worth it.

The only things we really seem to throw away are any toiletries (sp?) we buy whilst there, the chargers don't take up much room.

Im just not sure!
Lisa1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #28
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

I signed up last night. The mug and glassware business and Mary's endorsement at Mousesavers pushed me into it. I haven't told DH yet. He still thinks it's a waste. Hope the convenience will sell him in July.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #29
TinkTatoo
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1976 View Post
I had seen this advertised before and considered it, but im not sure if its a little pricey (with the joining fee and yearly rates) or not, still trying to convince myself its worth it.

The only things we really seem to throw away are any toiletries (sp?) we buy whilst there, the chargers don't take up much room.

Im just not sure!

I think you'll find that with a locker there will be loads of things that you would leave in it. Things you'd probably not even think about until you're there. The joining fee is a one off and with the great exchange rate at the moment it's under £50 for a year, less than the cost of a decent meal in Disney

Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #30
tubtruck
Tubtastic

Looked at it myself and to be honest I really didnt think it was worth it unless I was going at least four or more times a year which unfortunatly I dont. For what we would put in it it would probably be as cheap to throw the stuff away at the end of each trip and buy new on returning to Orlando.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: