Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
mindylovesmickey
Proud Marine Wife

Our Disneyland Trip Feb 20-24

Well, our first day at DLR was almost a disaster. But, typical for our family who are like the Griswald's (think: Christmas Vacation) any time we go on vacation.

The cast:
Me (SAHM, 30, the keeper of all things)
DH (Marine, 31, last vacation before he hits the sands again)
DD8 (Princess in her own mind)
DS3 (Drama boy, and laugh maker)
DD 6mos (the baby)
MIL (along for the ride)

So, we leave the high desert of CA for Anaheim at 7am, I had wanted to try to get out of there earlier, but 7am was my drop dead gotta go now time, and we just couldn't get out of there before that as the day before when I was supposed to be packing and getting ready turned into a 3-ring circus. So, I was up at 5am and finishing my packing and everything. So, we hit the road. We did pretty good up until we hit the 215, then we were going 25 mph. I think it took forever. The 91 was much better though and while we didn't make up time, we didn't sit there at Sunday driving speeds. So, we finally arrived at the DLH around 10:00, about an hour later than planned. I pre-registered, at which time we realized my bank wouldn't approve the amount I needed to charge for the hotel stay, so I had to get them on the phone and tell them I was on vacation. Never had to do that before, so I guess that should tell you, we've never spent this much money on anything before. Got that all straightened out, pre-authorized our stay and got our conceirge keys. Since the kids were starting to get hungry and everyone needed to use restrooms we decided to go ahead and hit up the lounge. It was empty when we got there and the kids had a little lunch of uncrustables, chips, and fruit, it was great. We took in the view and fed the baby and had a little snack ourselves, and for this, the extra money is totally worth it for us, especially if we continue to use it.

After that we headed over to the DL Bank to get our AP's taken care of, got all that done in about 20 or 30 minutes for 4 us, and then headed over to DCA. We went straight back to Monster's Inc. Lines weren't too bad at that point. I think it was about 20 minutes for everyone to ride and come out. DS3 hated it. The dark rides seem to be way too loud for him, I don't know if he has super sensative hearing or what, but he buried his head in dh's side and cried the entire ride. I think we are going to need to invest in some ear plugs if he is going to be okay on any of the rides he can go on, but I'm not sure where I need to go to get some. After that MIL, dh, and dd8 did the MuppetVision 3D and that was a little longer as a show had just started about the time they went in. So, by the time they were done with that it was time to be getting in line for the Aladdin show. Even though the line was really really long, it seemed like the theatre was huge enough everyone would get in. They were saying they were only going to do orchestra seating, and it seemed like before very long they were sending a whole bunch of people up to the mezzanine (SP?) area. We were about the 3rd family from the end of the line in orchestra, I was thinking that didn't boad well for us, but maybe if the CM's seat people it would be okay. Nope, we walked around the entire orchestra and there were not enough seats for our party to sit together, so I snagged a CM and said I needed help. So, he was going to get us some seats when all of a sudden another family showed up as well, and then another, so then we ended up having to take us up to the next level. We made it just as the show was starting. Now, in the end, the show was totally worth seeing, and I would probably do it again, but only if I had preferred viewing, fighting the crowd just makes it miserable. But, I have to say I was greatful to the CM for trying to help us out. Even if I did have to carry the baby up the entire set of stairs!

Once Aladdin was done, we were done. We headed over to the toy shop to get the potato head accessories (I bought the kids heads at WalMart), and filled up our boxes and then did some other little shopping. Then we had our PS at Rainforest Cafe. We had been there before so the kids knew what to expect, but we ended up getting seated right next to the elephants, and man, those things hurt my ears, so ds3 got really upset because of how loud they were right there and spent the entire time holding his ears instead of eating. And they wouldn't move our table either, because we had already ordered, well we ordered before we knew how terrible loud it was right there. So dinner was not as much fun as I was hoping it would be.

Day 1 will be cont'd later on...... I need to get ready for Day 2!

Heading back before our passes expire, hoping to renew being really nice to the hubby, lol!!??!!
2 days 1/2009
4 days 2/2009
My birthday(?) 6/2009
Plus several more small trips!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/m661aelreerowmmn.png[/img]

Last edited by mindylovesmickey; 02-27-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: to add pics
mindylovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
trodrigue
I finally figured out pictures!
It was rather momentous for me

Oh do keep posting. I thought my family was the Griswolds. My little one also buries his head on rides he doesn't like.
trodrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
mindylovesmickey
Proud Marine Wife

Day 1 cont'd

Well, after Rainforest Cafe, we decided that we were done for the day, we were getting pretty exhausted at that point, and we wanted to do MM on Thursday, so we headed to get our room key and get our stuff up to the room and situated. I decided it would be worth it to use bell service and have them bring out stuff up to our room. We ended up in the Wonder Tower on the 12th floor, I was a little hesitant, but was told that was where most of their suites were and that we would have an excellent view, so away we went. The housekeeper was up there doing turndown as we came up there. So, the bell hop got us unloaded and I tipped him and the housekeeper was just finishing up and away she went. our room ended up being a set of two connecting suites at the end of the hallway. They shared a hallway so, we were actually able to just use one key to get into both rooms and we left the connecting doors open. The main suite was fabulous, it had a breakfast bar, a bar sink, and a fridge, a small bathroom, a big living area with two chairs, a large ottoman, a pull out couch, desk, and tv armoire.

The bedroom was very large with a king size bed, plenty of room for the baby's pack n play. This room also had a full bathroom, a shower and toilet private, and then the sink area right outside so that someone could get ready while another was in the shower. The little touches of disney were subtle, but they were wonderful. The kids thought they were absolutely fabulous! We had little chocolate coins left for us every night at turn down. And we had shortbread cookies the first night. (Okay, we've since opened the shortbread cookies and tried them and yea, they aren't that great. DS3 will eat them, but mainly they have been fed to the dogs.)

The other bedroom, had two queen beds as well as a pull out couch, desk, fridge, plus it's own full bathroom.

[

So really, our two bedroom suite was pretty much two suites put together. We had a pool view, a view of downtown disney and disneyland, and a view of CA adventure! We would have had a great view of the fireworks had they had them, but that's later in the trip report. Basically, we absolutely adored our room and I would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone! It is the nicest room I've ever stayed in and I would totally do the one bedroom for just our family and the two bedroom again if we brought extended family along.

Room service brought chocolate dipped rice crispie Mickey heads and milk and headed to bed.

Heading back before our passes expire, hoping to renew being really nice to the hubby, lol!!??!!
2 days 1/2009
4 days 2/2009
My birthday(?) 6/2009

Last edited by mindylovesmickey; 02-29-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: add pics
Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
mindylovesmickey
Proud Marine Wife

Day 2 (Thursday MM)

Thursday actually looked like it was going to be a nice cloudy day, it was a little chilly in the am, but I packed the ponchos anyway. We headed up to the CL and picked up some fruit, pastries, juice, and cereal for breakfast. We also filled the bottom of the stroller with some drinks for later. We wanted to try to hurry and get to the park for Magic Morning and we were already running a little behind. I think we got to the park about 30 minutes after MM had started, so not what I had planned, but what do you do when traveling with 3 young ones. We went on Snow White right away, walked on with no wait. Peter Pan already had quite a line going on so we decided to skip it. The wait for Dumbo wasn't too bad so we did that next. By the time the kids rode that, Magic Morning was pretty much over, so we decided to be the first in line to ride the Casey Jr train since we could take the baby one that and all go. DS3 didn't really enjoy that one, we sat in the front car and it was too loud for him. We've decided that his hearing must be incredibly sensative because he doesn't like any of the dark rides some of them scare him, the others are just too darn loud.

He did love the teacups, though, he absolutely thought those were the best thing around.

So, after all that we headed over to TL. I went and got FP's for Buzz while dh, MIL, and the kids went on Astro Orbiters, no body really liked that one, lol.

After that there was no line for Star Tours, so MIL, dh and dd8 did that while I went over and got FP's for Autopia. I noticed the line for Nemo was ridiculously long and made a note to try to either do it later that evening or our next MM. We met up with the rest of the crew just getting off of Star Tours and getting a quick pic with Buzz.

We still had about 30 minutes until we could use our FP for Buzz, and dh really wanted a corndog, so we headed over to the corndog card. After lunch we headed back over to Buzz and much to our dismay the ride had gone down and they were turning people away and they didn't know when it would be back up. It was almost time to use our Autopia FP's so we headed over there. I believe the FP's did help as the line was at least an hour long by that point. So, I waited with the baby while everyone used their FP's and I think I waited about 25 to 30 minutes. Not too bad considering.

DS3 was starting to get pretty cranky and the rest of us were needing a break, so after Autopia we headed back to the hotel for a while. As we were walking back we noticed that Buzz was back up and running but the line was already a 45 minute wait and the next FP wouldn't be good for about an hour and we wouldn't make it back from the hotel in time to use them, so we decided to skip it, as much as I hated to do that.

Dh and MIL took the older kids down to the pool while I stayed back with the baby and tried to catch a quick nap with her. It wasn't very long before everyone came back. The clouds had rolled in again and it was pretty chilly, and while the hot tub was nice and warm, it was still pretty cold out there. DD8 and dh absolutely loved the slide, and were having a great time, he would go down first and then wait for her and catch her (she can't swim real well yet, I know, I know I need to get her lessons), and they did that about 4 times before the 5th time when the lifeguard yelled at dh to get away from the slide, and when dh said he was waiting for his daughter the LG yelled back that she needed to learn how to swim. He promised her he would be there when she came down, so he kept his promise and then they left. That pretty much soured him on the pool for the rest of the vacation, especially since they weren't rough housing, or horseplaying, or in anyone's way.

So, then we all got ready and headed back to DL. We had planned on having Bengal BBQ since it was really simple and quick. We got about 3/4 of the way there and the sky started spitting. Then it started misting. By the time we got over to Bengal BBQ it was pretty wet, and people were just sitting at all the tables under the umbrella's to get out of the rain, nobody was eating, so those of us who might have wanted to eat would have had no place to sit. So, we went ahead and grabbed FP's for Indy since we were right there and the wait was 45 minutes and then walked over to NO Square to see if we could find some place to sit down and eat. We ended up at the French Market. I have to say for an impromptu dinner, the food was great, and it was good to get out of the rain. It was a little chilly though, and they didn't have the heater things that we could find. After dinner it was about time for the parade. It had stopped raining, so I figured it would go on. We got a spot just as they announced the parade was being replaced with the cavalcade. So we waited and waited and waited and waited some more. I think they finally started around 7:20, about 20 minutes late. After the parade we headed back over to Indy to use our FP's. It was still around 30 minutes wait, but they had been having problems with the ride on and off, so that could have had something to do with it.

We decided to call it a night after that was done as it was pretty cold and wet and the combo just isn't a good one when you are trying to keep everyone healthy for the rest of the vacation. It was a good thing we headed back when we did because we were on the last leg to our tower when the deluge of rain came and ponchos only do so much. I think we may need to invest in rain suits, lol.

Day 3 still to come....

2 days 1/2009
4 days 2/2009
My birthday(?) 6/2009

Last edited by mindylovesmickey; 03-04-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Add lots of pictures
Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
maryr1oz
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure whether you realised this or not, so i apologise if it's not new information, but... you can use fastpasses any time throughout the day from the time they begin (eg you don't need to use them in the hour window they state) you can't use them before the time stated though. If your fastpass is 10:45-11:45 you can use that pass anytime throughout the day from 10:45. It makes it so much easier in case you get stuck in another ride's line for longer than anticipated.

Hope that was helpful ~ and i'm really enjoying your report!
maryr1oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
mindylovesmickey
Proud Marine Wife

Day 3 and thanks

Thanks Mary, I didn't know that we could save our fastpasses to use for later. It might have helped with Buzz, but I threw them away. So, something to file away for next time!

Day 3 started out rainy again. It was Friday and we had breakfast with Lilo and Stitch scheduled for 8:30 over at the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel. So, we got ready and headed out, we bundled everyone up pretty good as it was kind of chilly again. The walk over to PCH Grill from the Wonder Tower wasn't bad at all, we got there fairly quickly. I think we waited about 5 or 10 minutes past our Priority Seating time to be brought in, but it wasn't bad. DS3 was really not in the mood this morning. All he wanted to do was play games with Stitch, but they weren't doing a game right then. Lilo came to the table first and DD8 loved it! However DS3 didn't want anything to do with her. Stitch finally came by and DS hugged him like he wasn't going to let go, it was sweet. I was finally able to get a picture of them all looking at once, sort of, lol.

And DS3 absolutely adored Pluto, I didn't think he was going to let him go either.

After breakfast we walked over to the GCH and went through the private entrance to DCA, it was great!! What a timesaver! Dh was very impressed with the hotel and definitely wants to stay there this fall, so we are probably going to do that. The first thing we did was to head over to our Meet N Greet Session with our Disney Visa's. Goofy and Mickey were there in their surfer/Hawaiian garb, and we all thought that was great. I can't share those pics yet since I don't have my CD yet, and I was a dork and didn't go get my free print right away and those free print vouchers expire after 24 hours. So, that was just another thing to file away for later. We weren't rushed through our session at all and that was great. Mickey and Goofy paid lots of attention to the kids, gave lots of hugs and we must have taken 6 different shots with the adults and without. After we came out the rain had finally stopped and we put all the ponchos away again and saved them, just in case.

Dh really wanted to ride CA Screamin', but he didn't want to wait in line very long. Since none of us were brave enough to go with him, I remembered single rider line and suggested that he do that. So, I went and got him a single rider pass and he went and got in line, and he was on really quick. He thought the ride was great, and was really pleased with himself when he got off. We then took the kids on the carousel and dd 6 months got to go on her third ride! Dh rode with us. When we got off that dh started to complain about his stomach. I did the "told you so" and offered him a Sprite. I thought it was a little soon after breakfast to do that kind of stuff, but oh well. Since part of the pier is cut off from the rest of the park due to the construction we walked back and around. DD8 and MIL walked onto Mullholand Madness and rode that. I was pretty glad the lines were still super short, in part, I think because it had been raining that morning and because the park had just opened so most people hadn't made their way back to the back of the park just yet. After that we walked down and watched some of the crazy rides like the sunwheel and Orange Stinger and the sling shot thingy. There was no line for any of that stuff, but nobody seemed to want to stay on and ride a second time, lol. We did a little shopping and then it was almost lunch time so we decided to head up to the rapids and go find something for lunch. While up at GRR, dh and MIL decided now was the time to ride since there was no line. DS3 had finally drifted off to a much needed nap in the stroller, so I said to go ahead. DD8 hemmed and haw'd because she wanted to go when she was wearing her bathing suit and she didn't want to get wet yada yada, and they ended up going without her. So she decided to pout for an hour. By the time they got off it had started raining again, so we went out the private entrance and I decided to do Whitewater Snacks since it was right there. We picked a good time to do lunch because it wasn't busy at all. Finally found a CM to take our order and I had a French Dip that was excellent while dh had a burger and DD8 had a grilled cheese.

From there we headed back to the hotel to catch a quick break/nap. And of course by then the sun had decided to come out and while it still felt pretty brisk out, the sun helped keep things bearable.

We had a nice break and naptime back in our suite and dd8 and Grandma watched a DVD from the CL while the rest of us took a nice rest. By that time, I was starting to feel pretty sore and exhausted myself. We decided to head back through DTD right around dinner time. Dh really wanted to have dinner at Tortilla Jo's since he loves Mexican food and being that it was Friday night I figured it would be better to have dinner a little bit early to avoid the lines. It ended up being another good decision. The restraunt was already busy, but we got a table within the first 10 minutes. The service wasn't fantastic, I would have loved to get out of there a little faster, but the balloon guy kept the kids entertained and the food was really very good. Expensive, but I didn't expect it to be less for where we were at. Here are a few pics of the kids with their balloons:

DD8 got Ariel the Little Mermaid and DS got a Monkey in a tree with bananas.

We hopped over to DL to try to see the parade since it had gotten rained out the night before, but I had neglected to read my schedule properly to notice that the parade had begun at 6:30 that night instead of 7, so we came in pretty much at the end. So, since the official plan was to watch the EP that night, we left and hopped back over to DCA. DH and MIL were going to ride Soarin' but the FP was closed and the line was 45 minutes long, so we decided to skip it. We did however go over to the Gift Shop where we picked up a bi-plan for ds3, a scarf for dd8, and Aviator Mickey ears for dh, I will share a photo as soon as our photopass CD comes because I don't have one from my camera that I can find. It's totally not dh, but totally is at the same time. It was really cold since the sun had gone down, I don't know the exact temp, but it was cold enough we could see our breath. So, I wanted more than DS3's little blankie for him, so I asked if they had any microfleece blankets there and they didn't but the CM suggested I try Greetings. So after checking out I went over to Greetings and luckily got there in just enough time to grab the last microfleece blanket they had in the whole store. I actually had some guy ask me where I got it and was very disappointed to discover I had the last one, the CM even went to check. So, that made things a little better, if nothing else, a little warmer. Since we had not gone to Bug's Life earlier in the day we decided to do that before getting a spot for the parade. It was a good and a bad decision. All of the rides were no waiting, and we got to ride everything we wanted to ride back there. A picture of ds enjoying the Ladybug ride:

But when we came out about 30 minutes before the parade was to start, every single bench had already been staked out and reserved. So, we ended up walking up to where the Golden Dreams theatre is and getting a spot there, where we put microfleece on the ground for DD8 to sit on and DS3 sat in the stroller and the rest of us had to stand. But, the EP was great!! We had never seen it before and it is totally worth seeing, at least once if not everytime you can! Since it was so cold, after the parade we decided to go back to the CL to see the fireworks. We went out DCA through the back entrance and out into DTD and then over to the Dreams tower. We made it just in time, only to discover the fireworks had been cancelled. I said a quick prayer that we would be able to see them the following night. We went back to our room for baths and bed since the next day was going to be early early for Magic Morning.........

2 days 1/2009
4 days 2/2009
My birthday(?) 6/2009

Last edited by mindylovesmickey; 03-03-2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Added pics and some story
Old 02-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
mindylovesmickey
Proud Marine Wife

Day 4 - Saturday

The day dawned clear and bright and COLD! I mean, needing gloves, seeing our breath again cold. I didn't listen to any updated weather reports this morning, was in too much of a hurry trying to get myself ready and get all the kids' stuff ready before waking them up. The Express Breakfast I had placed on my door the night before came right on time, 6am sharp, I was pleasantly surprised and grateful. so we had a couple of pastry baskets, some hot water for tea (which was a good thing as my dh had developed a sore throat and cough the night before), coffee and a glass of juice for me. I had juice for the kids in the fridge already that I had taken from the conceirge lounge the day before. So, everyone had a little something to eat and got ready, and unfortunately we just weren't ready to get out of there until about 6:45, I just knew we weren't going to make it by 7 the way were going, everyone was pretty sore from the last few days of straight walking and was starting to drag. We made it to the gate about 7:10. Since it finally wasn't raining we were finally able to use our photopass and get some decent pictures, but the CM in front of the Walt and Mickey statue took off before we could get there, so we didn't get a pic of all of us in front of that . I don't know where he went, but I was a little bit annoyed. We did the pic in front of the castle and we got lucky there was actually no one else around so it was just us in the picture, woohoo! We think everyone beat it over to Nemo first thing because there was nobody in FL. This worked out well in our favor. We had already done Snow White and Pinocchio and didn't feel the need to ride it again, so this morning was all about Peter Pan. DD8 was being a turd and didn't want to go so dh and I walked right on and rode, I don't remember ever riding it before, it was great! We came out and convinced dd she needed to ride so she and MIL walked on. They rode and we could have walked on again, but we decided to move on. DS wanted to do Mr Toad, I was pretty sceptical because he's hated every single dark ride he's been on, but he wanted to go in the cars, so we walked up and it got loud, he balked so we exited. MIL and Dh rode it, so I still haven't gone on this one. We walked on teacups next, then MIL and Dh walked on Matterhorn. Next dh and I walked on Alice, this one was another first for me, and I enjoyed it immensely. After Alice dh was insistant we go ride POTC, I knew it would be a little bit still before Pirates was open so we took the back way over to Frontierland and MIL and dh walked on to Thunder Mountain, from there we headed over to POTC as the park was officially open at this point. We walked right on to boat in the first row. I enjoyed the ride very much as I had not been on it since it was re done, however, I don't ever remember getting wet on the old ride and I got sprayed twice on the hills this time, enough to get my hoodie wet. It was a nice ride, but was glad we had not taken ds3 on it, he would have cried the whole time. So, we exited and dd8 and MIL entered through the exit as a child swap and got their own boat. MIL thought the new way was great as well. Then we hit up HM and I forgot to look at CM name tags. There was a little girl about dd's age who was pitching a fit and not wanting to ride, begging her mom to take her off and I think the rest of us in the room were hoping she would oblige, but alas, we had to suffer as well. The ride was good, I hadn't been on it since 8th grade and surprisingly I didn't remember much of it. Next dd8, MIL, and dh rode Splash Mountain, this is the first time it's been open in our last three trips! There was less than a 5 minute wait, so the longest part was walking through the queue. Well, two little brats pushed dh and dd out of the way and ran ahead, and dh didn't say anything until he got up to the CM and he said, "those two should be behind us". So the CM put dh, dd and MIL on and then put the two boys on behind them, lol. They didn't get too wet, which was probably a blessing since while it was nice and sunny it wasn't that warm. MIL took ds3 and dd8 on Pooh next and again, ds3 didn't like it at all. He wanted to do it, insisted on doing it, and then cried the whole time. Now that I know about the ear plugs at the First Aid station, we may have to try those next time. We got some ear muffs, but they didn't work as well as we had hoped. So after that we took off to Adventureland, we were going to do the Bengal BBQ for an early lunch, but we got sidetracked into a little shopping. We came out the backside of the store, right into Adventureland! Unfortunately Bengal BBQ didn't open until 11 and it was only 10:30, so dh took MIL on Indy, which she loved. Dh loved it even more the second time because he got the driver's seat! He was pretty stoked. Bengal BBQ had just opened, but now there was a line for that. I decided that I could wait to try the bacon wrapped asparagus on the next trip. So we went back over to Frontierland and ended up having Mexican again. I was totally happy, but it served it's purpose and the food itself was good. We were among the first there, so we lucked out and didn't have to wait to eat at all and everything was fresh and hot. From there we came out and it seems like the floodgates had opened and everyone and their mother had now come to Disneyland. We had accomplished so much that morning, I didn't think we could do any better that afternoon, so we headed back to the hotel for a much needed break/naps, etc. That ended up being the last time we were in the park. We went back to the rooms and everyone, youngest to oldest, crashed out for about 4 hours. We woke up just in time to get ready and head to our 5pm seating for Goofy's Kitchen. And guess what?!? It was raining AGAIN!!! So, we got a little wet as we headed from our tower over to where the dinner is. I had managed to get us in for the first sitting, and I think this was an excellent plan. We were the 6th family to be seated. We got our picture taken with Pluto and got everyone situated and who should come over and start goofing around other than, GOOFY! So, he played around with us, giving us all hugs and clowning a little while, and man he was high energy, he never stopped long enough for me to get a picture. I was a little disappointed, but hoped he would be back. It was at this time that I discovered that somehow the LCD display on my digital camera got busted and was no longer working. I seemed to be able to take pictures, but I couldn't preview them. You will not believe how much you come to depend on that little screen until you don't have it anymore . Luckily, I point and shoot pretty good, so all of the pictures I did end up taking turned out pretty well. At least, I'm happy enough with them.

After a great dinner we headed over to the Magic tower to find something for dh's cough and do a little more shopping. I was really starting to get into the pins at this poing and was so disappointed that all my pins hadn't come in yet (Of course, they were waiting for me when I got home, that's just how stuff works for me ) so I ended up trading a couple of my Disney Visa pins for a coupld Princess pins for dd, and I hung onto one since it's a pin that's supposed to be for cardholders, and I like it, lol. So, from there we went up and picked up a movie from the concierge lounge along with some drinks. And again, it was raining, so no fireworks! I guess it's something we'll hope to see next time. We ended up staying in our room and watching the 3rd POTC movie since MIL hadn't seen it yet. And by the time it was over I was ready to head to bed. We didn't have specific plans for the morning, since it was still supposed to be raining so we decided to play it by ear.

2 days 1/2009
4 days 2/2009
My birthday(?) 6/2009

Last edited by mindylovesmickey; 03-03-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
mindylovesmickey
Proud Marine Wife

Day 5: Last Day

Our last day dawned much as the weather girl had predicted: rainy and blah. Maybe it was fitting, although I really had wanted to head into the parks that morning for a few last rides, etc. It was just not meant to be. We got everything packed up and left our tips for housekeeping on the desk. They really did do an excellent job the entire time keeping us up with clean towels, coffee packets, keeping the rooms clean, and the beds made, and my laptop was on the desk each day when we came back (I didn't want to go through the hassle of shutting down each day and hiding it, etc. since it definitely wouldn't fit in the itty bitty safe they give you, lol.). I was absolutely impressed. So, then we called for bell service, and I was much more impressed with the bell service when we were leaving than I was when we arrived, and I tipped accordingly. I got everything straightened out with the bill and checked out. We headed up to the Conceirge Lounge one more time for a little breakfast and enjoyed that, helped ourselves to some more drinks for the day and headed to DTD. And if I hadn't reminded you, it was still raining at this point. I had promised DD8 a trip to Build A Bear Workshop, I had intended on bringing our stuff fer stuff certificate, but I forgot it. We decided to go ahead and go anyway, so everyone made picked a friend and for each of the kids I had dh do voice recordings for each of them saying Goodnight __________, Daddy loves you. It is something that they can keep close to them or hear their Daddy while he is deployed this year. From there I decided to take dd8 to try Club Libby Lu, the rain had mostly stopped by now, but it was still cloudy and chilly. I checked with the girl at the counter and they didn't have a makeover slot available until noon, which was about an hour from then. So, I let dd pick out a few things instead and promised that this summer when we go with her cousins, I would schedule a makeover party for them one morning while we were there. She was cool with that.

We talked it over, and by that time we were all pretty much ready to be done with being out in the cold, so we loaded up and headed out. And of course about 30 minutes after leaving the skies cleared up, the sun came out and warmed everything up, and it was beautiful weather, and it was gorgeous the next day, too. I was extremely irritated, lol.

But I have to say that as much as we had to deal with the ponchos and being cold, it was a pretty good time to go, we got to ride a lot of rides, and do quite a bit. Now that we have our AP's I'm already making plans to go back and I think we are all really looking forward to it!

I know my Trip Report isn't as fun as some of them, we surprisingly didn't have much go wrong, totally uncharacteristic of us. But, I hope some of you enjoyed reading about the things we did! Once I have my photopass CD I can share some more pictures!

2 days 1/2009
4 days 2/2009
My birthday(?) 6/2009

Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
kmab00
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading your trip report!

We're going in about a month and I was excited to find your trip report!!

Can't wait to see Photopass pictures!!
kmab00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: