Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
meeko cat
WE WON IT 5 TIMES !!!!!!

Meeko's road Trip to DCR....LAST DAY

Cast
Me Tracy (40ish) Chief Planner and "I am a Disneyholic"
Hubby Juz (40ish) Disneyholic ,cant get any madder on Disney
DS Kristian 15 "Why are we going away when I will miss my GF "
DD Kayleigh 13 LOVES coasters and holidays
DS Kyle 9 LOVES coasters and Stitch

Annual pass and Shareholder an using Half Board Plus for the first time

VALENTINES DAY IN DISNEY

As we were leaving today with a long journey ahead we never set the alarm to get the most from our sleep. I woke at 830am to find Juz already having done the breakfast run and Kristian awake also. VALENTINES day today...where better to spend it but poor DS15 was upset not to be spending it with DGF.We woke the other two and ate a light breakfast. Kristian rang Alice whilst we packed up the rest of our things and we set to go at 1015am. The camp looked lovely in the frost.

Sad to be leaving we made our way to the parks.

We parked at New York hotel and wandered through the Village at which point Kristian asked where we were eating for lunch which reminded us we had left the last of our half board vouchers in the car!!
Juz dashed back while we killed time in the shops.

We made our way into Disneyland park to notice how busy it seemed. A visit to the dragon under the castle .

We then went into Fantasyland where it seemed very crowded. We did manage to get a ride on the storybook ride.

The queue for the train ride was also very busy so we chose just to wander through to POTC which was a walk on again.

2006 Feb Hard Rock Hotel,Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Aug Royal Pacific club, Boardwalk,AKL Concierge,Beach Club,Fort Wilderness, VILLA, Royal Pacific club,Polynesian

2007 July First trip to DLP Explorers
2008 FEB Davy Crocketts DLRP2008 Aug Hawthorn Suites LBV

meeko cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:40 AM   #2
meeko cat
WE WON IT 5 TIMES !!!!!!

(CONTD)

We had a booking for Agrabah Cafe thinking it would be a nice setting for a valentines meal and to set us up for the journey.

It was a beautiful setting and we were led into the farthest room which was lovely and quiet.

The buffet did not disappoint with a lovely unusual array of foods. Lots of nice salads,couscous,pasta ,lamb tajine,pitta bread,meatballs,kebab meatsand vegetarian lasagne.One of the best buffets for vegetarian choice we thought.

Dessert had various tarts.ginger bread loaf with chocolate chips,chocolate mousee and crepes to name a few.We really enjoyed our meal here with a nice variation to other places we had been.

Reluctantly we made our way back out through the shops to say a last goodbye to the park.

I love this picture

Back through the Village we picked up all the things we had spotted in the week. Kayleigh got 2 bags,Kyle another Stitch and some Stitch figures. We bought glasses and placemats whilst Kristian bought various valentine gifts for Alice .All with 20% discount with AP one day I should work out how much those passes have saved us!
Back into Hotel New York we did a quick toilet break and then off on our journey home at 230pm.

Our booking for the tunnel wasnt until 855pm but we took the option to go earlier on the chance we got an earlier crossing. The French roads were busier than the journey coming but still easy to navigate. As we approached Calais the temps really started to drop with a light fog coming down. Glad we had choosen to set off earlier in case it had got heavier later on.
Self check in the Eurotunnel offered the next available slot at no extra charge for 620pm nearly 3 hours earlier than our booking. A quick 5 minutes looking around the terminal when our boarding was announced so onto the train we went.
We had kept the loaves and some croissants from breakfast so had a snack in the car whilst going through the tunnel.

Back in the UK we inevitably get held up for a while on the M25 showing the advantage of travelling late at night on the way! The remains of the journey uneventful we pulled up at home at 1115pm tired but happy we had had a GREAT DISNEY HOLIDAY!!
2006 Aug Royal Pacific club, Boardwalk,AKL Concierge,Beach Club,Fort Wilderness, VILLA, Royal Pacific club,Polynesian

Last edited by meeko cat; 02-20-2008 at 05:03 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
marcus.ka
DLRP Hotel Fan!
Donít say Eurodisney. Itís Disneyland Resort Paris

Thank you once more for your TR and for the pictures. They are great.
And another first time for me that I saw pictures of the Agrabah Cafe.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

What a lovely report.

Was there no valentine decorations in the park for valentines day?
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your trip report, I have really enjoyed it. Lovely photos too

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
meeko cat
WE WON IT 5 TIMES !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
What a lovely report.

Was there no valentine decorations in the park for valentines day?

If there were we didnt see any

When we went through New York hotel they were giving little ones heart

shaped balloons

Old 02-20-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

I have loved reading your trip reports and your pictures were fabulous. If I could pluck up enough courage to consider driving I would love to stay at DCR and your trippie has reinforced that.
Like Marcus it's the first time I've seen inside Agrabah Cafe, nice to hear your writeup and it is certainly somewhere we could try next time.
That light fitting from Adventureland is one of my favourite features of the park
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
meeko cat
WE WON IT 5 TIMES !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
I have loved reading your trip reports and your pictures were fabulous. If I could pluck up enough courage to consider driving I would love to stay at DCR and your trippie has reinforced that.
Like Marcus it's the first time I've seen inside Agrabah Cafe, nice to hear your writeup and it is certainly somewhere we could try next time.
That light fitting from Adventureland is one of my favourite features of the park

Thanks for all the feedback

we were a bit concerned about the drive and knew we would either hate it never to do again or see it as a cheap means to get somewhere we love and make the journey worth it Thankfully it hasnt put us off and hope to visit again sometime .

We loved DCR a really nice quiet sanctuary to come back to after a busy

day

As for the Agrabah Cafe we really enjoyed the different choices from the standard buffett fare and with such a beautiful setting too it was like a series of small rooms and courtyards and I would imagine quiet even if full

Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #9
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

It really does look like you had a fab time.
I wish i could drive then id set up camp and live outside the park lol
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #10
mulan1
Appreciates the OTHER 'princesses'
Am I mad to think it might be worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
me too!

thanks for sharing with us, lovely photos again, i think we will try agrabah cafe in april!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

Great report. I have a pic of the kids on the camel bench too, funny to think we could have been there at almost the same time!
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #12
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Looks like you should be on commission for Agrabah

Glad you enjoyed DCR. Every time we look at flying, we just know that we would be bouncing off each other in a hotel

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:18 AM   #13
lizbro
Mouseketeer

Thanks for taking the time to add all those pics -it just reinforces for us that yes driving is worth it -can`t wait to go back to DCR now!!
lizbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:46 AM   #14
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Great trip reports, I really enjoyed reading them and seeing your pictures.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #15
Booknut
I couldn't figure out why people would choose to put that down

Lovely photos, I especially love the ones of Agrabah Cafe, it looks great

Glad you had such a great time!

2005 WDW Offsite, 2006 WDW AKL/POFQ, 2008 DLP Santa Fe, 2009 DLP Hotel New York, 2012 DLP Hotel L'Elysee

Booknut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: