Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #121
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Glad your vacation started off so smoothly!
Me too.
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #122
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyO View Post
And I don't EVEN want to think about "naked rope jumping."

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
That could leave a mark!
jordanyosh is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #124
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Hi Jordan!! I am here and LOVING IT already. I can't wait to read more .

Hi Tracy.....I LOVE what Kassie de Paiva said to you. THAT alone was worth your trip.
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #125
Simba22
DIS Veteran
 
Simba22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Construction State (aka Connecticut)
Posts: 4,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyO View Post
I obviously won't be writing my own TR (too much pressure to keep up and really, who can compete with you?) but will be chiming in as needed on this one. No need to split up the party (like Rachel's birthday on Friends...).

Seriously!! Why am i even writing a TR (or a PTR for that matter) when the DISers are like moths to a flame when it comes to your TR!? Stop stealing the DISers!!! I'm not even gonna write mine anymore!!!

that was a great episode of Friends! I miss that show!
Simba22 is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #126
Simba22
DIS Veteran
 
Simba22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Construction State (aka Connecticut)
Posts: 4,690

i'm so glad your trip started out so great! I hope it kept up for the whole vacation! You definitely needed something NOT stressful in your life!

They changed the seats at MCO??? the ones that were there in October were those black pleather ones that stuck to my legs and hurt me when I stood up Maybe they just reserve the Cheap Seats for people flying back to CT? They figure we're going home to worst place ever so they might as well get us used to reality before we get on the plane
Simba22 is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #127
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran
 
mnmrmustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,921

Hey Jordan! I'm on board for the ride :D

And it looks like a fantastic start to your journey ...you're really workin' that Disney mojo my friend I'm happy that after what you've been through that things were going your way from the get-go

We avoided the "red-eye" flight when we went out and you saw how badly that went. I think I'll follow your lead next time and fly during the wee hours of the morning.

Having Flat Winkers along is just hilarious - I can't wait to see what pictures she end up in. Are they all obvious or will we have "where's winkers" contest in some of them

Your room and view looked very nice, almost peaceful. Can't wait to hear how the parks went my friend - have a fantastic day!
__________________
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #128
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Chapter 5. Thursday, January 31st. Arrival Day Part 2. The first park......"The View is Nice"

So it's still my first day. I haven't been at WDW for more than 5 hours and I am on my way to my first park.

Would I run into any DISers today?
Would I run into any of my peeps?
Would my mojo continue into the first park?

On my way to the bus stop I take a few pictures. It was a beautiful day and a bit warm. I started sweating already.....

This is a view from the 3rd floor stairs


I walked over to Classic Hall passing the Hippy Dippy Pool on the way.


I walked through Classic Hall and by Everything Pop


And out the doors to the bus stop....Imagine my MOJO continuing. NO LINE for DHS AND look who the only other people joining me in line................. That's right. My first Peeps sighting.


They were definitely foreigners as I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

I arrived at DHS at about 12:40pm

Here is my first sight of the "new" Disney's Hollywood Studios


It was getting quite warm. I wish I could've taken a picture of the sweat running down my back......

I walked up to the entrance..............NO LINE again....SCORE!!!!! MOJO still working


I walked down the street and walked up to the tip board and saw that ToT had a 13 minute wait and RnRC a 30 minute stand by....NICE.


I was going to grab a FP for ToT and then ride SR for RnRC, but look FPs were not even necessary for ToT......MOJO still working it's magic


I LOVE this time of year.....no crowds......

I go Single Rider on RnRC......NO WAIT. MOJO

I walk into ToT and directly into the Pre Show area.......NO WAIT..MOJO still going strong

I decided since I've got my MOJO going I'd make my reservation for the Backstage Magic Tour for tomorrow..............

<make to screeching car sound>

I hit my first roadblock of the day. I called the WDW tour office and spoke to a very nice CM....and Friday, February 1st was booked as was EVERY DAY for the remainder of my trip. The first opening was February 14th--the day after I was to leave. It would not have been such a big deal had my aunt not given me the money to go on this tour for my trip in June. I had to cut my trip short in June and now couldn't do the tour now.....Oh well.......There's always my next trip whenever that may be....

I really had no agenda. I was scheduled to be at DHS according to my intinerary and had written down several attractions that I wanted to see, but since I was able to get into my room early, I arrived at DHS much later. So I did an abbreviated tour figuring I would have plenty of time to see things.....Famous last words.

I sat on this bench for quite awhile:


It was warm. I didn't feel like moving. It was nice to experience the park from a different perspective.

Here's an excerpt directly from my trip journal as I am sitting at DHS:

"I'm just moving from bench to bench right now. It's quite a different pace. Not very crowded today. It's interesting when you slow down you notice different things. Right now I am noticing the "background" music. It's awesome."

I wrote this as I was sitting on this bench near the Sorcerer's Hat


I wanted to take a picture of this man behind me. His shorts went up to his chest and he was wearing a belt and knee high white socks.......Missed out on that pic, but didn't miss this shot of a woman walking away from me...ahhh...The View was nice.


I saw my first Dream Team CM. Well I actually saw his back.

I decided to ride Star Tours which had..............NO WAIT. They were only a few families riding along with me. Both had small kids that were scared. After the riding the kids were smiling from ear to ear and one was ready to ride again. We might think the ride is dated, but it's still a ride that families can ride together. I love that about Disney.

I walked over to the Backlot Express to see if there was anything to eat. Nothing was yelling at me....Pick me, eat me....so I left to go back to Pop for lunch....but not before I sat on one more bench with a view of the lake and smokers.


Did I meet peeps? Yup.
Did my mojo continue? Yup. Mostly
Did I meet any Disers? Nope.

The plan was to go to Epcot tonight....

Did I make it to Epcot? Stay tuned.

Click here for next installment.

Last edited by jordanyosh; 03-11-2008 at 01:23 AM.
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #129
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

Love your photos, especially of POP. It looks like a fun resort! Can't wait to read more!
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #130
Shmu
DIS Veteran
 
Shmu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,139

I would love to go solo sometime.
Thinking while DH takes DS and DD to Universal, I might lay out and head to a park by myself.
I would love to just sit and take it all in.
Shmu is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #131
ncsjodi
GO COLTS!!!!
 
ncsjodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,733

Sounds like you had a great first day. I spent some time at MGM back in December by myself. It was nice to just walk around and look at stuff. Hope your MOJO continues!
__________________
Disneymoon at GF (12/97) - DD's first trip to MK (1/2003) - The whole family at FW Cabin (9/2005) - Our first trip home to VWL (1/2007) - 10th Anniversary trip to BCV/AKV (12/2007)
Ip Dip Trip to OKW (10/2008) - First Trip to DLR (1/2009) - Ip Dip II/Girls Trip to VWL (10/2009) - Fall Break Trip to OKW (10/2010)



ncsjodi is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #132
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Seriously!! Why am i even writing a TR (or a PTR for that matter) when the DISers are like moths to a flame when it comes to your TR!? Stop stealing the DISers!!! I'm not even gonna write mine anymore!!!

that was a great episode of Friends! I miss that show!
I really don't know how it happened with all the people. I'll give you a shout out here and there......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
i'm so glad your trip started out so great! I hope it kept up for the whole vacation! You definitely needed something NOT stressful in your life!

They changed the seats at MCO??? the ones that were there in October were those black pleather ones that stuck to my legs and hurt me when I stood up Maybe they just reserve the Cheap Seats for people flying back to CT? They figure we're going home to worst place ever so they might as well get us used to reality before we get on the plane
The trip was great, but not without drama. Cue dramatic music.

I didn't have the chance to sit in these seats at MCO as I was too busy racing to WDW.
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #133
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Lifelong_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,754

Wow, I can't believe how empty MGM was! Your bench touring style reminds me of the 2006 planning video that had the bench guy in it.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #134
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Hey Jordan! I'm on board for the ride :D

And it looks like a fantastic start to your journey ...you're really workin' that Disney mojo my friend I'm happy that after what you've been through that things were going your way from the get-go

We avoided the "red-eye" flight when we went out and you saw how badly that went. I think I'll follow your lead next time and fly during the wee hours of the morning.

Having Flat Winkers along is just hilarious - I can't wait to see what pictures she end up in. Are they all obvious or will we have "where's winkers" contest in some of them

Your room and view looked very nice, almost peaceful. Can't wait to hear how the parks went my friend - have a fantastic day!
MUSTARD....so good to hear from you.

As I get older, the red eyes are harder to do. However, the upside was too good not to do again. Also travelling mid week made a huge difference.

Flat gave us endless laughs especially when my cousin, Wendy, spent some time with Flat.
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #135
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Love your photos, especially of POP. It looks like a fun resort! Can't wait to read more!
I have to tell you that I LOVE this resort. I'll be going into more detail as the TR progresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmu View Post
I would love to go solo sometime.
Thinking while DH takes DS and DD to Universal, I might lay out and head to a park by myself.
I would love to just sit and take it all in.
Sounds like a plan to me. It's just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsjodi View Post
Sounds like you had a great first day. I spent some time at MGM back in December by myself. It was nice to just walk around and look at stuff. Hope your MOJO continues!
Stayed tuned about the MOJO.

DHS has become my least favorite park, but it redeemed itself this trip. I absolutely love Disney's attention to detail in this park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Wow, I can't believe how empty MGM was! Your bench touring style reminds me of the 2006 planning video that had the bench guy in it.
The question is would the parks stay uncrowded.........
jordanyosh is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: