Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #1501
Shmu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Here are a few pix from the Ducks game on Wednesday night:

Wearing it proud:
OK, If DH and I ever make it to the West Coast (hoping to in a few years)we are grabbing you and taking you to a Hockey Game. You and DH would get along Great.
Quote:
Flat Winkers and her peeps:

Me and my peeps:
When I woke up, first thing I heard about was the destruction in Atlanta. Then I come to the DIS and see this. Perfect timing. Needed it.
(We're fine by the way. We don't live in the city. Just sad it hit GA Dome. DH worked on that building. It has sentimental value to us.)
Quote:

I was feeling left out, but was more thirsty than hungry....Pierresgirl had talked about this drink. I ended up getting it--The Grey Goose Citron Slush......At 8.00, it was still worth every drop.

While I was drinking I noticed that Wendy and Erin were waiting in line to take pictures with Belle. I walked over and watched Erin interact with Belle. For the first time, I felt like a proud parent. I watched in wonder at Erin excitedly conversing with Belle like they were best friends. Belle listened intently and took her time with Erin.

Such innocence, such purity, such Disney magic. It was just one of many moments I had enjoying the innocence and pure joy of youth....I walked away with a bit of mist in my eye....

Yay for the Crepes. Glad they are included in Dining Plan.
Nice pic of Kim and Wendy.
Gotta try this drink. We don't drink except on vacation and on special occasions.
Teary eyed reading your response to Erin and Belle and seeing the pics. Best of Disney.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #1502
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fisharefriends~ View Post
wow your up late/ up really early!!! such a lovely picture of Erin with Belle and look slike you really enjoyed that drink!!! may have to put it on my to try list for Nov!
I was up late...There are even more great pix of Erin and Dylan and Baby J coming up later....This is still their 1st day there.....

There was another slush that was orange in nature. That looked good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Aww Erin looks so cute and happy with Belle, I love it when the characters take their time with the kiddlywinks . I meant to try one of those slushie drinkies when we were on holiday last summer but for some reason I forgot about it once we were there (think that probably has a lot to do with the Margarita stand being before France ). Going by the expression on your face when you were quaffing it this drink is obviously pretty gorgeous and it's now pretty near the top of my "to do" list for 2009
She was in absolute heaven.

The drink is a must do drink...for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The kids are so cute!

I am definitely trying the Grey Goose Citron Slush.
Have more than one. They're not that strong...tasty, but not strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
[cue sappy music] I can just imagine you walking into the sunset dabbing the cornern of your eye with a tissue.

... some of the best moments at Disney are the ones where you witness children totally believeing in the magic and it's the best when it starts to rub off on the adults.
I couldn't have said it better.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Guten Morgen Peeps! Bon Jour! and 'ello luvvy! Aninternational morning greeting to all you Peeps! Boy I turn in early and miss all the action!! Loved the pix of Erin with Belle! Jordan the Peeps pix just are too funny!!
Trying to mix WDW pix w/ continuing life pix from here at home....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfranlk View Post
Great update....food, drinks and characters. The makings of a good Disney afternoon. I'm totally with you on snack worthy snacks. Always my goal! The pictures of Erin and Belle are so cute. That is why we spend so much time with the charcters. The interaction and memories for my DD are among her favorite parts of the trip.
We laughed every time we went on a hunt for a snack.

I never understood the whole character thing until I saw Erin w/ Belle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Two updates in one day!! How lucky are we? Although I didn't read the 2nd one until today.

Loved the special effects on that first picture

What did they have on their crepes in France? I had one there as well and wanted chocolate and raspberry preserves on it, but there must have been a language barrier cause she only put chocolate It was ok. Not as good as my memere's.
I figured since I was delinquent for a few days that I'd post a few updates....

I was always goofing around with my new camera trying different settings.

I think they had the raspberrry and chocolate, but I think Kim just had chocolate. Hers was okay too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babieemelly View Post
Those pictures of Erin with Belle are SO CUTE! Going to Disney with kids does slow things down a bit, but as soon as you see them interacting with the characters and really believing in the magic it's all worth it. I love it! And Dylan in the fountain was really cute, too!

How cool that you guys were "dreamed" by a stranger! Only at Disney, right? That was so nice!
Only at Disney...and people wonder why we like to go so much?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #1503
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
OMG what a cutie, she looks so excited
She was.....until she got inside.....poor thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
That is just so sweet and how nice of the man to let him sit on him
One of those great only at Disney moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
That's wonderful, so kind

The photos of the kids playing in the water are so cute!
Receiving the ears was a great way to start off Wendy and Derek's portion of the trip.

Playing in the water was perfect solution to hot, sweaty Asian children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
Wow, great deal
Snack worthy.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #1504
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
What a cutie pie!
She's an angel.........some of the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer

If we ever meet up in the World don't try and talk hockey with me, I am an abnormal Canadian, I don't follow hockey. Scary I know.
You wouldn't feel out of place in Orange County CA.....

Quote:
Awww, how nice, what a friendly country we are.
Some of my favorite interactions are with Canadians....

Quote:
I am definitely trying one of these!
It's not beer, but it did the trick....
Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #1505
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
First ... Flat Winkers and her peeps?

I had to do it after all the Peeps pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
No stopping? Liar. If you didn't stop then there would be nothing to read below!
Busted. We did stop, but we didn't shop or see any of the shows...Guess I should've been clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
I love that! We found ourselves often getting unsnack worthy snacks ~ say, bottled water! Of course, I easily get dehydrated so it was worth it to me.
Just wait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
That sounds yummy, and even yummy at say 7:45!
at 8:30am PST, it sounds good now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM
This just about brought a tear to my eye! I totally agree with what you say. And I might add that Belle is absolutely beautiful!
She is a hottie. Belle is my favorite princess....
Old 03-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #1506
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmu View Post
OK, If DH and I ever make it to the West Coast (hoping to in a few years)we are grabbing you and taking you to a Hockey Game. You and DH would get along Great.
come on out...I live about 10 minutes from the Honda Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe
When I woke up, first thing I heard about was the destruction in Atlanta. Then I come to the DIS and see this. Perfect timing. Needed it.
(We're fine by the way. We don't live in the city. Just sad it hit GA Dome. DH worked on that building. It has sentimental value to us.)
Scary huh. Prayers to all those affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe
Yay for the Crepes. Glad they are included in Dining Plan.
Nice pic of Kim and Wendy.
Gotta try this drink. We don't drink except on vacation and on special occasions.
Teary eyed reading your response to Erin and Belle and seeing the pics. Best of Disney.
The drink is good.........

More teariness coming too.....
Old 03-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #1507
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

the pic with Belle is adorable.

I have to try one of those slushies. MMMMM.

great update and pics.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #1508
mymainmouse
Mouseketeer

Good grief!! It doesn't take long to get behind on this trip report. The updates are great! I love the pictures of the kids in the fountain.

You are only the second person I have ever heard use the word "butt" to describe the temperature. My husband likes to say it is "butt cold out" . He has never said it is " butt hot" though. Although living in Ohio there is a better chance of saying "butt cold" than "butt hot".

I think that is the most I've used the word butt in one paragraph.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #1509
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

Quote:
We all started walking over to World Showcase. It's was getting towards late afternoon and we wanted to rest before the night's activities. So we just walked by the countries w/o stopping.
My favorite thing to do in life. The WS "stroll".

Quote:
Not much shade so you can really feel the heat.

There's more shade in October in the early afternoon. I love this place!

Quote:
If I hadn't already mentioned it somewhere, we were on the Disney Dining Plan which entitles you, among other things, to a single serving snack up to 4 dollars in value.
Snack mojo coming!

Quote:
RoboJo was on a mission to get a crepe; so we beelined it to France.....

At the International Gateway, we took a few pix on the bridge:

Love this area!

Quote:
The rest of us went in search of a crepe....There are these booths along the lagoon, one which serves crepes. I thought I had heard that crepes were not eligible on the Dining Plan. Josh, RoboJo and Kim (Wendy?) all stood in line....They came back with crepes and big smiles on their faces.......Snack mojo. It was on the Dining Plan even at a total cost of 4.01!!!!!!
Woo Hoo! Never had 'em. Are they gud?

Quote:
I was feeling left out, but was more thirsty than hungry....Pierresgirl had talked about this drink. I ended up getting it--The Grey Goose Citron Slush......At 8.00, it was still worth every drop.

Grey Goose is gud. I've seen this drink at the kiosk but never ordered. I always get wine. I'm going to have to try this out as it looks very gud and I love vodka.

Quote:
While I was drinking I noticed that Wendy and Erin were waiting in line to take pictures with Belle. I walked over and watched Erin interact with Belle. For the first time, I felt like a proud parent. I watched in wonder at Erin excitedly conversing with Belle like they were best friends. Belle listened intently and took her time with Erin.

Such innocence, such purity, such Disney magic. It was just one of many moments I had enjoying the innocence and pure joy of youth....I walked away with a bit of mist in my eye....

I'm so there with you. My little DD is so cute around the characters... like they're real. Well, I guess they ARE real to her.

Quote:
We sat and finished our drinks/food and headed back to the room.
I give you two thumbs up for your WS experience.

Did we make it to our rooms?
Old 03-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #1510
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Bingo

Is Bingo a beagle/daschund mix? He (She) reminds me of my dog I had as a child, Boots.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #1511
camelotcats
the DUDE has returned

Looks like you had an awesome time. Yay for snack mojo and niceness-karma-dreaming.

The pics in the fountain are sooooo cute, and Yay Erin for going on test track.

In case no one mentioned it: SSE = space ship Earth

Great Peeps pics. Flat winkers looks like she was gonna have a sugar rush.

What happened to Binder?? Did he get jealous and run off.

Sorry I'm not more lucid....I would probably look like Flat winkers if HHBG took a pic of me right now.

eBay id: asapien21
Etsy id: angeltreegems

The 100 year old (or so it seems) PTR - 2008
The 100 year old (or so it seems TR - 2008
THe ORIGINAL Ip-DIP meet TR

My Blog

Wife to Davis Mom to Spencer (9) and Brianna (8) Servant to Morgan Kevin and Jake
Old 03-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #1512
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Yay for snackworthy snacks. I mean to try the crepes, but get sidelined by the slushes.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 03-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #1513
girlnextdoor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I think the only person that might be happy in that picture is the little one breastfeeding
I must apologize to that poor woman, I didn't even notice her when I was taking this pic and now she ends up on the DIS! LOL!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #1514
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
the pic with Belle is adorable.

I have to try one of those slushies. MMMMM.

great update and pics.
I had a few good drinks other than the slushie, but I'll have to wait to discuss those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymainmouse View Post
Good grief!! It doesn't take long to get behind on this trip report. The updates are great! I love the pictures of the kids in the fountain.

You are only the second person I have ever heard use the word "butt" to describe the temperature. My husband likes to say it is "butt cold out" . He has never said it is " butt hot" though. Although living in Ohio there is a better chance of saying "butt cold" than "butt hot".

I think that is the most I've used the word butt in one paragraph.
In college there were a few of us that used "butt" alot...."butt" hungry was another one I frequently used..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenle View Post
Is Bingo a beagle/daschund mix? He (She) reminds me of my dog I had as a child, Boots.
Corgi/daschund mix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Yay for snackworthy snacks. I mean to try the crepes, but get sidelined by the slushes.
It was an easy choice for me too..
Old 03-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #1515
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
My favorite thing to do in life. The WS "stroll".
I strolled a few times during our trip, but never the full "let's look in every store and stop to watch the entertainment" type of stroll which I like to do at least once...I was kind of bummed about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF
There's more shade in October in the early afternoon. I love this place!
It must be great to go in the fall....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF
Love this area!
We always stop here to take pix....the benches in the International Gateway are always shaded and quiet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF
Woo Hoo! Never had 'em. Are they gud?
I tasted both...and they were....okay..Not my thing, but RoboJo and Kim seemed to enjoy them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF
Grey Goose is gud. I've seen this drink at the kiosk but never ordered. I always get wine. I'm going to have to try this out as it looks very gud and I love vodka.
Vodka=Gud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF
I'm so there with you. My little DD is so cute around the characters... like they're real. Well, I guess they ARE real to her.
The princesses really get Erin's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF
I give you two thumbs up for your WS experience.

Did we make it to our rooms?
It was a great afternoon....

You're probably going to have to wait a day or two...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: