Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #931
maddiesdaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Thanks! I hope you find it helpful!
Carrie,

Just wanted to say that you have such a great TR, and even though that was expected because of your book and your podcast and all of your helpful comments, it still was better than expected!

What a lovely trip and story and amazing details. I thoroughly enjoyed the read!

My wedding day recap
maddiesdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #932
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

That is so kind of you to say!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #933
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Yes, but what we ALL want to know is when to expect a vow renewal TR??? I'll even start passing the jar around to collect funds if it means another lurkyloo TR!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #934
lurkyloo

If we're talking DFTW, you're gonna need a BIIIIIG jar! Actually, if you listen very carefully to my next podcast you may hear a clue...
Old 07-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #935
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Yes, but what we ALL want to know is when to expect a vow renewal TR??? I'll even start passing the jar around to collect funds if it means another lurkyloo TR!!
I'm in!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #936
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
If we're talking DFTW, you're gonna need a BIIIIIG jar! Actually, if you listen very carefully to my next podcast you may hear a clue...
Truly!

Oooooooo! How mysterious! I love it! You know I'll be tuning in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I'm in!
Woo Hoo!! We're on our way!

(and I'll stop chit-chatting now as I don't want your TR to get shut down for going too . Wait, do they still do that? )
Old 07-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #937
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
Actually, if you listen very carefully to my next podcast you may hear a clue...
Oooooooo! I listened carefully and I'm super excited!! Hope to hear more!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #938
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Carrie,

I must say over the past few days I have been glued to my phone reading through all 63 pages of your TR. I have loved it all. You are
high-larious!!! I am looking forward to reading your other TRs especially the 2 HR in one day. Although I don't have a ring yet I was interested in getting your book but I have a question. Would I be better getting the online version so I can get updates? Also do you have any updates for weddings at Aulani? I did listen to your podcast and I hope you get a chance to do another one. Since you are such a planning guru, I may have tons of questions for you after I get my ring.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #939
NeverlandClub23

Oh my goodness, so after my fifth time reading your entire trip report (to get me excited about my wedding and also just because it makes me happy to read it ), I finally watched your entire wedding video. I am not a typically emotional person, but I did shed a tear with the photo's of your Mom. Your parents looked so happy on their wedding day and, not to get all Weepy Wendy, it's amazing how fast life goes by.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #940
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
Carrie,

I must say over the past few days I have been glued to my phone reading through all 63 pages of your TR. I have loved it all. You are
high-larious!!! I am looking forward to reading your other TRs especially the 2 HR in one day. Although I don't have a ring yet I was interested in getting your book but I have a question. Would I be better getting the online version so I can get updates? Also do you have any updates for weddings at Aulani? I did listen to your podcast and I hope you get a chance to do another one. Since you are such a planning guru, I may have tons of questions for you after I get my ring.
Oh my gosh—bless you for reading all that on a PHONE! You might prefer to read the rest of my reports on my website, which cuts down on the scrolling-through-comments aspect: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/

I do recommend the PDF version of my book for exactly the reason you mentioned: free updates. That way, you'll always have the most current info. I have a pretty decent store of info about Aulani, I just haven't added it to the book yet, so if you have any questions, PM me your email and hopefully I'll be able to answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Oh my goodness, so after my fifth time reading your entire trip report (to get me excited about my wedding and also just because it makes me happy to read it ), I finally watched your entire wedding video. I am not a typically emotional person, but I did shed a tear with the photo's of your Mom. Your parents looked so happy on their wedding day and, not to get all Weepy Wendy, it's amazing how fast life goes by.

Thanks for the kind words! I think about that a lot, mostly (I hope) in a positive direction that keeps me appreciative of every minute I get to spend with Patrick.

I'm so excited about your wedding! Are you doing a planning journal or a blog anywhere?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #941
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words! I think about that a lot, mostly (I hope) in a positive direction that keeps me appreciative of every minute I get to spend with Patrick.

I'm so excited about your wedding! Are you doing a planning journal or a blog anywhere?
Truly!

I do! My DIS Discovery Cove PJ. I haven't updated it in a week or so, though. I'm working on my invitations now so hopefully I can post those soon.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #942
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

transportation for guests question

Hi Carrie,

It's me, Diane, from the pm earlier. I am reading through your PJ and see your invitations say "guests transported" etc. How did you transport everyone to and from different resort locations?

Thanks,

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #943
lurkyloo

Hi!

We had a motorcoach that picked everyone up. This post in my planning journal gives a ton of detail on how that worked: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...ransportation/

Old 05-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #944
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you get a matte-finish print from Shutterfly/Snapfish it looks better than the glossy, but it still looks like you got it at the drugstore.

The Roots recommend www.mpix.com for printing their photos - it's a site used by pro photographers for prints, books, etc. but the print prices are cheaper than the prices I've seen on most photogs' websites (like 19-29 cents for a 4x6!). I think I'll be making my prints through Mpix... I'll keep you posted on the quality.
Good tip
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #945
lurkyloo

Oooh, in case I forgot to post how the MPIX prints turned out, I really liked them. In fact, to save money on framing, we painted our hall wall with magnetic paint, and then printed a bazillion wedding photos in different sizes through MPIX and put them up using rare-earth magnets. It's fun cuz now we can hang other art there and change it up whenever we want!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: