Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

**Winkers goes to England~It's so hard to say goodbye**

Ok, I have a confession to make.............I'm not really going to England...yet. This all started about 20 years ago............................I've always wanted to to to England. I've read every Jane Austen novel and Great Britain travel guide I could get my hands on. My local library calls me when they get a new one! 15 years ago I got married to the most wonderful man who promised to take me to England. I should have put a time limit on that, like before I'm blind and in a wheelchair would be good! S0 15 years and 4 kids later we still haven't gone. But 2008 WAS to be the year I'd go. Last April, instead of checking out travel guides I went to the book store and bought them out. I read everything I could and dreamed of where I'd be visiting! I couldn't believe it was finally going to happen.

May 2007 came and we took our kids on their first trip to DisneyWorld! We were so excited! My ocd had really kicked in and I had planned out nearly every second of our trip. It was going to be family lovin' nirvana.

Well, 1 day into the trip I ended up in excrutiating pain and 2 days later at a dentist. I spent the rest of the trip in a wheel chair on doped up on pain meds looking something like this.............................................. .......

It was still a really great trip, but I left feeling really sad that I hadn't been able to do everything I wanted. I also had the awfull Momy guilt eating at me saying that I had ruined my kids vacation.

Once we were home my dh suggested we could postpone England for a year and go to DisneyWorld again as a surprise for the kids.................I mulled it over for about a month. It was a really hard decision. I had dreamed of going to England most of my life and yet everytime I thought about our trip to DisneyWorld I felt really sad. Not how I wanted to remember that trip.

It was inevitable, I told DH we could postpone England for another year. I'm a little sad about that but I'm also really excited to suprise the kids with another trip to DisneyWorld!

My ocd has kicked into full gear again and I haven't looked back. My 4 trusting unsespecting children still think DH and I are going to England! We're trying to come up with the perfect way to surprise them. Dh wants to wait till the day we go, but I'm not sure if I can keep my big mouth shut that long!

Last edited by winkers; 11-09-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

First! (I`m a little surprised) You made a good choice going back! Cant wait to see if the beans get spilled! This should be good!
Carrie

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet

Hi Ed!! I'm seriously doubting my ability to keep this secret. I suffer from "foot in mouth" syndrome.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm here and at the beginning this time!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I'm here and at the beginning this time!
Yay!!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Read your other tr. Sorry to hear about your dentist issues on your last trip. Can't wait to read about your plans for your upcoming trip.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Read your other tr. Sorry to hear about your dentist issues on your last trip. Can't wait to read about your plans for your upcoming trip.
Thanks! I'm planning to have all my teeth pulled before this trip, just in case!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Thanks! I'm planning to have all my teeth pulled before this trip, just in case!
I actually met somebody once who had all his teeth pulled. He said he did it so he wouldn't have to brush them anymore.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I actually met somebody once who had all his teeth pulled. He said he did it so he wouldn't have to brush them anymore.
I didn't think brushing your teeth was that big of a chore!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't think brushing your teeth was that big of a chore!

I know! He was not the classiest of guys, the 4th step-father of one of my university pals.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #11
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Implants may be the answer. I have a great prostodontist in NYC that did an amazing crown for me after a root canal. You can't tell the difference.

When are you planning on going to WDW this year? And what resort are you thinking about?

BTW I'm pretty OCD when it comes to planning trips as well. Maybe I should hold the first annual OCD Disney Planners Convention in NYC this year

Old 02-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #12
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

But, but, but we had a Leeds Castle meet arranged and everything
Old 02-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #13
winkers

Leeds castle May 2009!!! I'll be the one wearing a lime green shirt, pink crocs and a Mickey poncho. Do you thing I'll stand out? I'm afraid your dh will be scared when your dis buddies start showing up on your side of the pond!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Leeds castle May 2009!!! I'll be the one wearing a lime green shirt, pink crocs and a Mickey poncho. Do you thing I'll stand out? I'm afraid your dh will be scared when your dis buddies start showing up on your side of the pond!
Who says I have to tell him
Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #15
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Who says I have to tell him

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: