Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

Big thankyou - back from DLRP!

I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone on here who helped me with advice on planning our trip - we had the most wonderful time.
I'm very sorry that I am swamped with work (I'm freelance) and can't write a big trip report now, but here's a quick summary.

Me (Cathy) - been to DLRP, WDW and Tokyo a few times
DH (Elliot) - been to DLRP
DS (Dylan, 6) - been to DLRP but he was only 2
DD (Freya, nearly 3) - never been

We went via Eurotunnel (thanks to Mr Tesco), and despite the sat nav trying to take us via Brussels arrived at DCR at about 3.30pm after a journey where everything went wrong. I was happy enough with our cabin and my DS was ecstatic to see it had BUNK BEDS! I can't emphasise enough how exciting this was.
We had a character tea booked at Plaza Gardens for 5 pm so toddled off to that, where DD refused to have her picture with any characters but we saw Geppeto, the Sheriff of Nottingham, Prince John, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and Friar Tuck. [IMG]http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=1428403427[IMG]
We went back to DCR after that as we'd had such an early start.
On Tuesday we took advantage of EMH and went straight to Fantasyland and a big queue for Dumbo which DD hated (the queue, not the ride). Did various other rides then headed to Frontierland for our lunch at the Lucky Nugget where we saw some of the same characters plus Daisy Duck. DD was particularly taken with her pink shoes.
[IMG]http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=1428376615[IMG]
Spent the afternoon in Frontierland and DD was happiest in Pocahontas Indian Village while DH & DD tried out Phantom Manor. Ate at the Steakhouse in the Village that evening and had fillet steak but while the rest of the meal was very nice neither of us felt the steak was particularly good.
On Wednesday EMH again so we started in Discoveryland where DD spent the whole queue and ride protesting she didn't like Buzz Lightyear and then wanting to go on it again as soon as we got off. Sadly we stood in the queue again for 15 mins and then it broke down. We headed back to Fantasyland after that, saw lots of Alice characters around and got the children changed for the princess lunch at Auberge de cendrillon. Dylan was a knight and Freya wore a Sleeping Beauty dress and cloak.
[IMG]http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=1428483846[IMG]
The food was wonderful and they have changed the menu - I'm afraid I didn't take a pic but we both had a very generous portion of lamb and there was a scallops in orange sauce dish on the mains too. We didn't realise the price included wine which made it much more reasonable and we felt it was worth the 2 HB vouchers we paid. Although I do think the children's choice is a bit mad and they must think so too as they were doing a survey outside on this as we left.
We saw Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White plus of course Suzy and Perla, and they spent plenty of time at each table giving Freya lots of attention since a 2 yr old in a princess dress looks quite cute! She LOVED this.
[IMG]http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=1428605829[IMG]
Freya was given a wand and Dylan a helmet.
We spent the afternoon in Adventureland where DD freaked out in POTC. DH & DS went on again and while we waited outside Freya and I saw Captain Jack!
[IMG]http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=1428595666[IMG]
Since we had lunch booked in the Blue Lagoon the next day this changed our plans a bit since DD refused to set foot in there again. We changed our booking to Cafe Mickey easily, and spent the afternoon in the studios where we saw loads more characters.
[IMG]http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=1428604953[IMG]
In the evening we ate in Annettes and had the full works with roller-skating singing waiters and waitresses. It was very busy but we only waited 5 mins at 6.15.
Back to the bunk beds exhausted.
We had a wonderful time but Dh decided we shouldn't get the Annual Passes, since we weren't even supposed to be having this holiday this year. I'm definitely going to be getting the shares though and I think we'll get an annual pass in a couple of years. There were lots of rides which were restricted by DD's fears (and height!) so in a couple of years she'll get more out of it. Instead we pushed the boat out with eating, and we found the HB system very flexible. We used one token for Lucky Nugget, 2 for Auberge and 1 in Annettes, but we didn't eat off the restricted menu we ate what we liked and then the waiter took off the amount they are worth (22 euros?) from the bill. It was a good way of prepaying some money and then you could choose whether you wanted to splash out a bit more.
The drive back was much better when we decided to ignore the sat nav (which still wanted to take us back via Brussels!) and follow the Michelin instructions I'd printed from a link on this forum.
We didn't have time to do everything and missed the Lion King show in the end which was a real shame, but we'll definitely be back.

Last edited by britchic4; 02-19-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: to add photos!
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
britchic4

I do have some photos I could add now (including a dishy Captain Jack) but I can't actually figure out how to do it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back sounds like you enjoyed yourselves.

To post photos, try & upload them on a site like photobucket & then copy/paste the links here. The photos should then appear.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
britchic4

Thankyou, I'll do that.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
mulan1
Appreciates the OTHER 'princesses'
Am I mad to think it might be worth it?

thanks glad you had a good time, would be great to see pics!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
meeko cat
WE WON IT 5 TIMES !!!!!!

Sounds like you had fun

funny we were debating a sat nav but didnt get round to it....glad we didnt

now

Interesting what you said about Steakhouse.....

we had planned on eating there on the Weds but after reading the half board

menu we decided not to bother as the kids didnt like any of the options.
2006 Feb Hard Rock Hotel,Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Aug Royal Pacific club, Boardwalk,AKL Concierge,Beach Club,Fort Wilderness, VILLA, Royal Pacific club,Polynesian

2007 July First trip to DLP Explorers
2008 FEB Davy Crocketts DLRP2008 Aug Hawthorn Suites LBV

meeko cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back glad you had a great time.

It was encouraging to hear that they were conducting a survey at Auberge de Cendrillon as lots have complained about the choices on the child's menu.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Shame about the SatNav as our TomTom took us right to the door of DCR Mind you I had set up an itinery and pre- run it just to be sure. I even had a POI for Auchan downloaded just in case we couldn't find it

Sounds like you had a great time and had some lovely meals

I'd agree with going back. We have saw our troops have different experiences each year we have went back. Till we now have a mixture of thrill seekers and one who is still not sure about POTC

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Welcome back
Great report
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:57 AM   #10
britchic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
It was encouraging to hear that they were conducting a survey at Auberge de Cendrillon as lots have complained about the choices on the child's menu.
They were indeed rubbish choices. The tomato and mozzarella starters were untouched (well, by the children, DH stole the mozzarella), DS's tortellini was 'contaminated' by strips of vegetables and too many 'green bits'. The desserts looked beautiful but there was way too much for any but the biggest child (or the one who hasn't eaten any of the other courses!). I would say the average age of the children in there was about 5 or 6, and children of that age mostly just want quite plain food - and not plain slices of tomato!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:01 AM   #11
britchic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Shame about the SatNav as our TomTom took us right to the door of DCR Mind you I had set up an itinery and pre- run it just to be sure. I even had a POI for Auchan downloaded just in case we couldn't find it

Sounds like you had a great time and had some lovely meals

I'd agree with going back. We have saw our troops have different experiences each year we have went back. Till we now have a mixture of thrill seekers and one who is still not sure about POTC
Unfortunately our sat nav programming consisted of hurriedly inputting it on the Eurotunnel in the moment between being allowed to turn your engine on and having to drive off! Which is why I didn't spot the 8 1/2 hour drive at the time. Luckily I did spot it not too much later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: