Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #31
jenne
Undercover Pirate
 
jenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 129

a thousand thanks!

This will help so much with my next trip. I really appreciate all your hard work, and I am very excited that you would share it with us.
__________________
Yearly Disney trips far too numerous to list, but all remembered fondly...
jenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #32
sahlink
DIS Veteran
 
sahlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
This will help so much with my next trip. I really appreciate all your hard work, and I am very excited that you would share it with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatalie View Post
Your book is FANTASMIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I was actually going to start one for DD......... I might just use your instead!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderado View Post
This is very nicely done! Thank you for putting this out there, we are headed up to WDW in April!


Thanks for all the nice comments.

I was thinking...does anyone have any other question ideas to add to this or that you think would be nice for the kids journal about?

Krista
sahlink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #33
ksloane
DIS Veteran
 
ksloane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahlink View Post
Thanks for all the nice comments.

I was thinking...does anyone have any other question ideas to add to this or that you think would be nice for the kids journal about?

Krista

Thanks so much for sharing your journal...I'll definitly be adding it to our Disney vacation...

I used this one one year...maybe you could get some ideas??
http://www.themouseforless.com/downl...tjournal.shtml
http://www.themouseforless.com/downl.../journal.shtml
__________________
~*Kimberly*~
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #34
mello
DIS Veteran
 
mello's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,418

Wow,

This is just fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing it. You must be a scrapper! Your work is just lovely.
__________________
Melinda
Disneyland:1960's-1980's; 2001 September 20-24 (Candy Cane Inn); 2004 July 4-5 (Candy Cane Inn); 2010 Aug (DLH)
Disney World: 2005 Sept 21-Oct 4 (CBR & Poly); 2006 June 27-July 2 (BWV & SSR); 2008 May 10-28 (BCV & OKW); 2008 Dec 8-18 (SSR); 2011 May 26-June 7 (BCV); 2011 Dec 19-28 (SSR)
Disney Cruise 2011 Dec 15-18 (Dream)
Aulani: 2012 Feb 8-11

DVC Since: October 1, 2005 (SSR); June 28, 2006 (BCV); Aug 1, 2007 (AKV)

mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #35
TwinsandQuads
Mouseketeer
 
TwinsandQuads's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 86

This is great
__________________
Vanessa - Mommy and Rodie - Daddy to Twins 7(GB) and Quads 4 (BBBG)


[/CENTER]
TwinsandQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #36
genhand
Mouseketeer
 
genhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: montréal
Posts: 99

Wow this is very nice. I wanted one for my DD4 but since we speack french and she doesn't read... I'll have to make one but I'll use some of your ideas. thanks for sharing.
genhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #37
The Disney Bunch
Disney Fiends!!
 
The Disney Bunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: out there somewhere
Posts: 1,879

These are fantastic!! Did anyone try to get it printed by them? I would like to do this but I wonder if I would have a problem if I took it to Staples or Kino's & had them printed.
__________________
+ = Our Pride & Joy
Visits together: OKW - 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2009
OKW & HH DVC Members since 1995!
The Disney Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #38
pugga04
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 109

Sahlink:
I Love It!!!!!!
May I Borrow Some Of Your Ideas????
how did you design it?

Last edited by pugga04; 03-07-2008 at 01:02 PM.
pugga04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #39
sahlink
DIS Veteran
 
sahlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Bunch View Post
These are fantastic!! Did anyone try to get it printed by them? I would like to do this but I wonder if I would have a problem if I took it to Staples or Kino's & had them printed.
I did have it printed and bound by Staples. They were reluctant to print it. When I mentioned that I got all of the clip arts on the internet from sites that said they were OK to use in any form, but not OK to "sell" them. I told the mgr that I was just printing 2 for my children. He was OK with that explaination and had the print center print it for me. Now, this is not to say they will for you. However, my plan was to go to Staples, then Office Max, then a local printing if one did not print it. Prehaps start at your local printer (they won't have a problem at all not being as large of company as Staples)
__________________
Krista - Wife to wonderful DH, Aaron.
Mommy to Sophia (11) and Gabe (9)





Kids Disney Activity Book: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1722545 OR
Kids Disney Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1724999
sahlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #40
hmerritt
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 402

Krista- I just started printing and wandered what your final journal dimensions were after they cut it? Mine is not printing out covering the entire 8.5x11.

thanks-
Heather
__________________
WDW:
July 2011 AKL
January 2009 SSR
September 2008, March 2008 POP
June2007 BWV
July2006 OKW
October2004 CBR;July2004 CSR; May2004 CR
July2003 CSR; May2003 WL
Nov2002 & July2002 Poly Conc / BCV

Last edited by hmerritt; 03-10-2008 at 07:42 AM.
hmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #41
donatalie
DIS Veteran
 
donatalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahlink View Post
I did have it printed and bound by Staples. They were reluctant to print it. When I mentioned that I got all of the clip arts on the internet from sites that said they were OK to use in any form, but not OK to "sell" them. I told the mgr that I was just printing 2 for my children. He was OK with that explaination and had the print center print it for me. Now, this is not to say they will for you. However, my plan was to go to Staples, then Office Max, then a local printing if one did not print it. Prehaps start at your local printer (they won't have a problem at all not being as large of company as Staples)
Kinkos probably will not print them. They are very strict (a friend of mine is a manage there). They will bind the pages if you already have them printed though!
donatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #42
sahlink
DIS Veteran
 
sahlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmerritt View Post
Krista- I just started printing and wandered what your final journal dimensions were after they cut it? Mine is not printing out covering the entire 8.5x11.

thanks-
Heather
They do have a margin in Photoshop and don't print to the edges. I think mine turned out something like 7 1/2 x 10 1/2? I had them trim them at Staples (they only charged me $2 total) Otherwise I would have just trimmed them at home on my scrapbooking trimmer. I really liked this size, because it was easier to handle and seemed more professional at this size than the reg 8.5 x 11.
__________________
Krista - Wife to wonderful DH, Aaron.
Mommy to Sophia (11) and Gabe (9)





Kids Disney Activity Book: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1722545 OR
Kids Disney Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1724999
sahlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #43
sahlink
DIS Veteran
 
sahlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugga04 View Post
Sahlink:
I Love It!!!!!!
May I Borrow Some Of Your Ideas????
how did you design it?
Yes go ahead, these are for everyone to use. I'm glad you like it, that makes my day!! I used Powerpoint (because I have really no Idea how to do layers on Photoshop).
__________________
Krista - Wife to wonderful DH, Aaron.
Mommy to Sophia (11) and Gabe (9)





Kids Disney Activity Book: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1722545 OR
Kids Disney Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1724999
sahlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #44
genhand
Mouseketeer
 
genhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: montréal
Posts: 99

Ok after trying on my own and really sucks at it! I decide to "borrow" yours and translate it for my DD and changing a bit of stuff for her (like drawing instead of pictures...) I hopyno't mind. I really it a lot. Have a great day
Geneviève
genhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #45
sahlink
DIS Veteran
 
sahlink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by genhand View Post
Ok after trying on my own and really sucks at it! I decide to "borrow" yours and translate it for my DD and changing a bit of stuff for her (like drawing instead of pictures...) I hopyno't mind. I really it a lot. Have a great day
Geneviève
Go right ahead... It took me forever! to get it just right! That is why Power Point is perfect for everyone to be able to personalise themselves for whatever there trip and ages they have.
__________________
Krista - Wife to wonderful DH, Aaron.
Mommy to Sophia (11) and Gabe (9)





Kids Disney Activity Book: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1722545 OR
Kids Disney Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1724999
sahlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: