Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
macca77
Mouseketeer

TRIP REPORT wp,whitehall. ross&debs 22nd april 09 TRIP REPORT FINALLY ADDED.

Hi everyone just wanted to start our very own planning journal and surprisingly im the groom. Not sure if there is many grooms on here doing a planning journal but i think i love the site more than my wife to be, also im a quicker typer.

Let me start my name is ross and my fiancee is debbie, i proposed in april 2005 in hawaii on the beach.

We both love disney and orlando so when we first saw the wedding pavillion on trips to the world we knew that if we could afford it this would be the place we would get married.

So onto the wedding details. We finally spoke with a wedding planner this week to talk about our wedding in april 09. We have asked for the 23rd of april and we have roughly 40 guests coming over from england to be with us on our magical day.

Our marrige is going to take place in the wedding pavillion then onto the whitehall room for our reception which we will be extending to last longer.
We have found this forum very helpfull with pictures of some of the food on offer and pictures of the rooms and photographers. I have already been in contact with randy chapman about being our photographer so im hoping he will be free that nite.
Our wishes page so far includes
wedding pavillion
whitehall for dinner and everyones drinks
magic kingdom photo shoot
Dj
Dancefloor
Randy as our photographer booked seperate.

Our holiday requirements will be 17 nites on disney property, unsure of which property yet and a 3 night disney cruise.
We also have a beautifull daughter called summer who will be 18 months old and 1 of the bridesmaids.
My best man is called anthony, Suits wise i have seen the carolyn allens website and their is some nice ones their for hire, so between here nad trying one on over their in december i will pick one out.

Debbie is still looking for a dress but has found some she likes.
Well not sure what else to say for now except we cant wait to get booked in so its near all confirmed and we can book the holiday details.
If anyone has any questions fire away and thanks for taking the time to read our planning journal.

Last edited by macca77; 06-27-2009 at 03:44 PM.
macca77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

welcome and nice to here about all your plans
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
feline figaro
WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet

Hi & welcome to the boards

Its nice to have another man mailing on here as we dont seem to get too many men joining in the fun that is talking Disney Weddings so im impressed with the effort

Id love to get my df on here but unfortunatly Tottenham prove more entertaining so the best i can do is drag him over to the PC when i ve seen someones pics i like

Its great there another member whos from UK on here to . i remember when i first started coming on these boards i did nt seem to find many uk brides on here but now there seems to be loads of us

We re getting married in May 09 & have had our date pencilled in with Disney, we ve booked Randy & have booked Beaute Speciale for both our Oct planning session as well as for the wedding.
When have Disney told you guys to call back to get the ball rolling???

I bet your Fiance is having loads of fun looking at dresses etc
Old 02-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
shezfrombermuda
DIS Veteran

COngratulations and welcome!
Pop Century 2008, 2011, Caribbean Beach 1988, Port Orleans Riverside 2005, Polynesian 2009, Beach Club 2005, 2008, Beach Club Villas 2011, Animal Kingdom Kidani 2013, Disney Magic 2004, Disney Wonder 2008, Disney Dream 2013
shezfrombermuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Welcome to the boards! Can't wait to hear all your details!!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
October Bride
Mouseketeer

Hi

Good to see more couples from uk.

We (my fiance Gav) are getting married 1st october 2008. Our plans are similar to yours. 5pm wedding at WP and then onto whitehall.

We are not having a DJ as they seem a bit expensive but you can hook up an ipod so we are asking our guests for their fav songs and my sisters partner is into music producing so he is going to be in charge of all of that!!!

We are going out on 8th march to meet wedding planners. We can not wait. There are just over 40 of us going out and then we are having one big party when we get back.

We are using Gary Fox for our photography and going to meet him in March as well.

You have booked with a similar amount of time to go till the wedding that we did and i tell you what it has flown by. We can not believe we have only got 7 months to go!!!
October Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
orangetiggs

i agree its nice to see all these uk couples on here!

we just got back last week from our planning session and we too are not having a dj just an ipod and the whitehall room as well
Old 02-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
October Bride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
i agree its nice to see all these uk couples on here!

we just got back last week from our planning session and we too are not having a dj just an ipod and the whitehall room as well
It just seems a lot for a smaller room.

How was the planning session?
My parents went out in october to look at everything but thought i should go and look for myself.
We are regular WDW visitors but i suppose i had never paid to much attention to the wedding side of things till now, well except for to say that i always want to get married at the WP.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
orangetiggs

We too go at least once a year but have never seen the pavillion till 5th feb!

Our planning session was great I have a trip report on here with loads of pics

We are getting married on 2nd sept and we have around 30 guests flying over.

I think with 40 guests and a dj the whitehall room will be a bit tight, ok you have the patio but still the room itself will be tight in my opinion
Old 02-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
October Bride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
We too go at least once a year but have never seen the pavillion till 5th feb!

Our planning session was great I have a trip report on here with loads of pics

We are getting married on 2nd sept and we have around 30 guests flying over.

I think with 40 guests and a dj the whitehall room will be a bit tight, ok you have the patio but still the room itself will be tight in my opinion
I agree, i will have a look and see if i can find your pics and trip report as it would be great to see.
Thanks
Shian
xx
Old 02-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
macca77
Mouseketeer

Yeah i agree about the pricing on the dj and co, maybe we will have a think and talk about putting an ipod in its place, definatly something to consider.

We cannot wait to get the date finalised at last then it will all seem real.

Feline ask your bfriend if he remembers 1987 as im a cov fan i dont have much to get excited about these days so id rather speak on here than see cov the way things are going lol.
I dont think we have to ring disney back now untill they fully book our date the lady pam said she would be in touch then.
Im sure i will email her lots though with more questions.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
feline figaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca77 View Post
Yeah i agree about the pricing on the dj and co, maybe we will have a think and talk about putting an ipod in its place, definatly something to consider.

We cannot wait to get the date finalised at last then it will all seem real.

Feline ask your bfriend if he remembers 1987 as im a cov fan i dont have much to get excited about these days so id rather speak on here than see cov the way things are going lol.
I dont think we have to ring disney back now untill they fully book our date the lady pam said she would be in touch then.
Im sure i will email her lots though with more questions.
Ok this is totally out of my hands as i passed on your message to my df. Hes reply was "say hello to Leeds next year lol"
Sorry
Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
macca77
Mouseketeer

lol he is right leeds probably will be promoted this year back to the championship as we are not getting relegated when we appoint are new manger.
Anyway back to the wedding chat or else debs will kill me.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #14
feline figaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca77 View Post
lol he is right leeds probably will be promoted this year back to the championship as we are not getting relegated when we appoint are new manger.
Anyway back to the wedding chat or else debs will kill me.
Sorry about that he was adament that i put that, im no longer too clued up on Footie so that kinda went up & over for me
Old 02-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #15
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say hi from another UK bride. We are also using the whitehall room, but no DJ as there is only going to be 12 of us.

Congratulations to you both can't wait to see more of your planning from a man's point of view.

Jane Our DFTW July 2008 TR Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1544907
B2B-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: