Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #61
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Still here

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here and enjoying the TR

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #62
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Oh, amazing! I loved every minute of the cruise recollection! Don't punish yourself too hard for the hot dogs, you were on vacation after all! Looking forward to more

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #63
CHEK
DIS Veteran

Great report , that cruise sure looks great Hope your son soon recovered from his hot dog tummy ache?

April 2003 Wyndham Orlando
May 2004 Highlands Reserve
May 2006 Westridge
May 2007 Tuscan Ridge
Feb 2009 Tuscan Ridge
April 2013 Highlands Reserve
Old 02-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #64
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Ok just read it all. looks like a great time. The cruise looked like it was a lot of fun.

Too bad he got sick when u returned to WDW. Hope he was better quickly.

Really enjoying reading along.

The pics are nice too.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #65
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry your poor DS got sick! How terrible! I hope he got better quick!

Your cruise sounds WONDERFUL!! I'm trying to convince my DH that we need to go on DCL. He doesn't like the idea of being "trapped" on a boat. We'll see!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #66
IATink
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry your son got sick. I know it's always hard to be sick on vacation.

I know exactly how you feel about Mission Space. I never really thought of myself as claustorphobic either until I rode that ride. I will never ride it again. I could not even enjoy it because all I was thinking about was getting out of there!

Can't wait to read more! I'm enjoying reading about your trip!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:45 PM   #67
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm convinced, I MUST go on a cruise! It looks like so much fun!!!
Winkers, your Disney Family would LOVE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
You are doing a fine job with your son. Just look at the smiles on face!!! You can't fake that stuff!!

You even had me teary eyed when you had to leave the The Wonder!! Stop that!!!
Me sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEK View Post
Great report , that cruise sure looks great Hope your son soon recovered from his hot dog tummy ache?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Beautiful photos! Hope your son was feeling better the next day.
Oh yeah! The next day was one to remember. When we got back to NC we took DS to the doctor because he was still complaining of stomach pains. They took an xray of his tummy and said that he was very constipated. Sparing you the details, I bought DS some stuff from Walgreens to flush him out and he is as good as new! Thanks for the concern CHEK and Native NYer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Just wanted to let you know I'm still here and enjoying the TR
Your presence here has given me tremendous encouragement to finish this TR. Thanks!

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-01-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #68
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Ok just read it all. looks like a great time. The cruise looked like it was a lot of fun.

Too bad he got sick when u returned to WDW. Hope he was better quickly.

Really enjoying reading along.

The pics are nice too.
Hey man, your photos are remarkable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm so sorry your poor DS got sick! How terrible! I hope he got better quick!

Your cruise sounds WONDERFUL!! I'm trying to convince my DH that we need to go on DCL. He doesn't like the idea of being "trapped" on a boat. We'll see!
Oh your DH won't be "trapped" on a boat. Let him know he will be "FREE" to indulge himself on a ship full of entertainment and pampering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Oh, amazing! I loved every minute of the cruise recollection! Don't punish yourself too hard for the hot dogs, you were on vacation after all! Looking forward to more
Thank you. I'm lovin' your TR too. Thanks for putting the video of Spaceship Earth in your TR. Another attraction we didn't do so it was great to see it through your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IATink View Post
I know exactly how you feel about Mission Space. I never really thought of myself as claustorphobic either until I rode that ride. I will never ride it again. I could not even enjoy it because all I was thinking about was getting out of there!

Can't wait to read more! I'm enjoying reading about your trip!
I felt like a "trapped" animal in that pod. I wonder if MS would have had the same effect on me if I was 100 lbs lighter? Anyway, thanks for allowing me to share my family vacation with you.

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-07-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #69
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Thank you.

I like yours. the cruise looked like alot of fun.

off to bed.

Have a good one.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #70
bedillamouse
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say what a great report...your family is beautiful!!
Make sure when you go again to do another trip report!

DH DD9 DD7
Old 03-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #71
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedillamouse View Post
Just wanted to say what a great report...your family is beautiful!!
Make sure when you go again to do another trip report!
I can't get back soon enough! I will definately write another TR. The thing I like the most about writing a TR, other than reliving my vacation, is hearing from all the nice people on the DIS Boards that share my enthusiasm for Disney. You guys are great!

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-03-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #72
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Talking Darth Vader Day!

We started off day 7 of our Birthday Celebration / Christmas Vacation by eating breakfast at the Maya Grill at the Coronado Springs Resort. We took these pictures on our way over to breakfast.

The Pool that we did not get a chance to swim in.

The following were the menu items on the breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill. Breakfast was yummy!

Mixed Fruit Salad
Whole Fruits
Cold cereals
Oatmeal and grits
Pastries
French Toast
Waffles with syrup
Scrambled Eggs
Egg Burritos
Sausage links
Ham/Bacon
Biscuits with Gravy
Home Fries with Onions and Peppers
Hash Browns
Coffee/Tea
Selection of Juices
Milk and Hot Chocolate

Of course after breakfast I performed my magic trick of the salt shaker going through the table for the kids and their parents at the table next to us. My DW just shook her head as if to say, "Not again?!" DS loved it and encouraged the show to go on. When God blesses us to be able to go back to WDW, I'll record the trick and post it in another TR.

After breakfast we caught the bus over to the formerly named MGM Studios. I love this park!! There is so much for families to see and do here.

The very first thing that DS (THE Stars Wars Fanatic) wanted to do was...you guessed it... go to the Star Wars attraction. We had read on the DIS boards that the Jedi Training Academy, that was only there during the Star Wars Weekends, was now a permanent attraction. DS had been talking about fighting Darth Vader for weeks before our vacation. He has a total of 8 different light sabers at home and we do battle with them all the time.

We didn't know that not all the kids were picked to be a part of the Jedi Training. My DW told me to go buy a Star Wars Jedi Academy Training ball cap from the gift store so that DS would be more noticeable. TIP: If you have kids that want to be a part of the show, have them wear some type of Star Wars T-Shirt or hat. Also, have them jump up and down very excitedly when the Jedi instructor comes on stage to pick the kids. It doesn't work all the time but it helps the CMs to know who really wants to be up there. DS was picked and realized that dreams really do come true because he was living his dream!

We held onto his new hat after he was on the stage.

Ut oh!

Darth Vader getting his butt kicked!

You will notice that the Clone Soldiers in white were about to rush DS with their weapons. I don't have a picture of it but the Jedi Instructor told my DS to use the force against the soldiers. He held up his hand and they fell back against the wall. He felt special because he was the only one in his group that had a chance to do that. The sound effects durng the battle were awesome and Darth Vader had something to say to all of the kids.

All the kids received Jedi Training Diplomas before they left the stage.

After the show DS was on ! He had that permanent surprise look on his face and it made me feel all warm inside to see that. Looking at our Fast Passes we noticed that we were right on time to ride the Star Tours attraction. I personaly loved this ride. I think it is a combination of my love for Sci-Fi Movies and seeing my DS enjoying himself so much. We even enjoyed looking at the robots in the que.

Next up was Muppet Vision 3-D . I enjoyed the show but the line for it was rediculously long. Because of that long line we missed the last showing of Lights, Motors, Action. I forgot to mention that we got a late start because we wanted to make sure that DS was fine before we left that morning.

After MV3D we were cattle herded into a line for the Backlot tour. We stood there for a little while and decided to go because we had resis for The Brown Derby. We had the Fantasmic Dinner package and were not about to miss out on that. We had never seen that show before and kept hearing great things about it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Brown Derby was without a question the best dining experience of our WDW portion of our vacation! We ordered the Blue Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with Potato Crust, savoy cabbage slaw, dijon mustard and remoulade sauces for an appetizer and that plate had me in my seat! I have never had a crab cake with so much crab meat in it and it was PERFECTLY cooked too! For an entree DW ordered the Grilled Atlantic Salmon on soft mascarpone polenta with gorgonzola, balsamic glaze and Sicillan olive tapenade. And yes, it tasted better than it sounds. I usually order Salmon but wanted to try something different. I had the Pan-Fried Black Grouper with aged balsamic roasted asparagus, sweet onion marmalade and citrus juices. My dish was excellent but I wished I had ordered the Salmon after I tasted my DW's plate. Dw had the Grilled Chicken Breast with barbecue sauce, red potatoes, and green beans and carrots off of the kids menu and was very satisfied with it.

The desserts were just heavenly and perfectly prepared. DW had the Grapefruit Cake - A Brown Derby Original! Light Layers of Yellow Cake with fresh Grapefruit Cream Cheese Icing. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a tradition from now on for "The Disney Fanatic" to have this dessert every time I go visit WDW! I think I ned to go apologize to DW because I ate more of that than she did and I had my own dessert which was...Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower on cocoa almond cookie and bananas "foster." Very good also but I liked the Grapefruit Cake better.

We left the Brown Derby very happy and saw part of the High School Musical and some funny street performers. We posed for these pictures for our photo pass before we went to see Fantasmic.

If you have never seen Fantasmic, you have to put it on your must do list when you visit WDW. I was in awe of what was being performed right before my eyes! Go to the link below in red for a complete review of the show.

Photo Borrowed from http://allearsnet.com/tp/mgm/m_fantasmic.htm

After Fantasmic we waited in line for The Tower of Terror and one side of the attraction broke down. Not a good sign but we stayed in line anyway. The line started to shorten up as people decided that they did not want to wait. Half way through the line it was announced that the ride was fully operational again. "O.K. but which side broke down because I'll be riding the other side?!"

We promised DS that we would go through the baby swap line but he still had to go through the pre-show to get to that point and he was terrified. He was already shaking from being inside of the attraction. DW and I both had our chance to ride and we headed over to see the Osbourne Festival of Lights. This was more than I expected. DW was dancing all over the place, snow was falling, and we were all in the Christmas Spirit! The lights were wonderful and were a great way to cap off our trip since we were headed back home to be with family on Christmas day.

We rode Star Tours one more time and headed back to Coronado Springs.

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-07-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:28 AM   #73
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm so glad your son got to do the Jedi training! Those are the types of things that make disney so special!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:33 AM   #74
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

The End

Well, that's it everybody. We had a dream vacation and we can't wait to go back. DS still tells me that I'm the Best Daddy In The Whole World and it is unprovoked! Below are two pictures we took before flying out of Orlando on Christmas day. Do you see how beautiful it was that morning?

Well, when we began to board our plane it started pouring down like cats and dogs! It was the first time that it had rained the whole trip. As we sat waiting for our plane to taxi DW said, "Orlando is crying because it is sad to see us go!

See ya real soon Mickey Mouse!

THE END

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-06-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 AM   #75
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Your son had a great birthday! Leaving Orlando is always so sad. Your tr was great. I hate to see it end. Are you planning another WDW trip?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: