Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #46
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

I am LOVING the smiles on your faces!!! What a great family you are. I so can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #47
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Awww you're such a great dad! It looks like you and your family had so much fun. I think I'm going to have to try the DCL.

Did you do a Grand Gathering for your family reunion? We're thinking of doing one but not sure if a Grand Gathering is the way to go.
You have to try the DCL! I miss the Disney Wonder so much! You will absolutely love it! We didn't do the Grand Gathering but when it is my again to plan the family reunion I will plan for it to be at WDW and we will try the Grand Gathering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I remember our first lifeboat drill. The next time I remembered shades for everyone Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading. I will have some shades the next time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by IATink View Post
I'm loving your tr! It makes me want to try a Disney Cruise! It looks like so much fun. Can't wait to read more.
You must try the Disney Cruise! It is so much fun!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
I am LOVING the smiles on your faces!!! What a great family you are. I so can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Once again THANK YOU for reading my TR. It does feel good to know that somebody is enjoying it a little.
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2008, 03:31 AM   #48
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Cool Day 4 - Nassau

Day 4 of our vacation meant that it was time for the Atlantis Excursion. We hopped on a bus that gave us a tour of Nassau and then took us to the Atlantis Resort for our tour. I will be brief about the Atlantis Resort and just say that it was huge and beautiful. We are already making plans to come back and spend a few days there and use the aquatic facilities. Here are a few pics of our Atlantis Tour.

After the Atlantis tour we ate some pizza at the resort and boarded the bus to go to the Straw Market. This is where the stereotypical husband side of me kicked in. I HATE SHOPPING! My DW LOVES to shop and stop and look at every little trinket that they have to offer. I tried very hard not to complain but I kept thinking of a 100 other things that I would rather be doing than shopping at the Straw Market.

I was already in an ill mood because some local made a pass at my DW as we were walking from the bus to the Straw Market . I heard one of the guys on the side of the street tell him that he was crazy. I guess he saw the mad dog look I had on my face and wanted to warn the flirter.

After we entered the Straw Market I heard a commotion outside the entrance facing the water. Some woman was yelling at some guy and than another guy started hitting guy #1. They fought for about 2 minutes and I waited for the police to come and they never did.

By now my feet were hurting and DS was getting very restless because I promised him that he could spend some time in the Mickey pool. I just wanted to get somewhere and relax. I did apologize to my DW for having a stinking attitude and she said, " I know that this is not your cup of tea so let's just go."

On the way back I bought a flute from one of the street vendors for DS and we headed towards the ship.

Once we were back in our stateroom DW said that she really wanted some paintings and that she saw some wood carvings that she liked. I gave her some money to buy the things she wanted and she headed back to the Straw Market. DS and I prepared for the Mickey Pool. Now everybody was in their element and happy. Below are some pics of DS at the Mickey Pool and some pics of the vendors that DW bought some things from.

DW actually bought the piece that this guy was working on.

We don't eat hot dogs at home and DS was begging to go to Plutos Dog House to get one. "Why not. We are on vacation and we are celebrating your birthday." One hot dog turned into three and I had more paninis (please tell me if I'm spelling that sandwhich right).

I looked at my watch and noticed that it was almost time for us to go eat at Parrot Cay. DS and I were full but it was getting cold so we left the pool anyway and caught up with DW in the stateroom.

DW was hungry but we were late for our dinner seating. No big deal. There's food all over the place on the Wonder! While we were all getting ourselves cleaned up I ordered a small snack from room service for DW.

After we were refreshed DS put on his Pirate gear for the Pirates In The Carribean Party and we headed to Pluto's Dog House to get DW something to eat. "Oh what the heck, I might as well try one of those burgers since we're here." By now all self control was gone when it came to food and we would all pay the price later.

We ate and headed to the Golden Mickeys show. I really enjoyed this show and I wish I had some pictures of it. I have some shots of one of the CMs interviewing DS after we walked the red carpet. Everyone inside the theatre could see the interview on the two big screens.

The Golden Mickey's was an awesome show. We had another one of those "Mommy get me outta here" moments. There was a part of the show when Ursula'a tenatcles came out of the stage floor and they were all over the people in the first row. DS was afraid that they were going to come up to where we were sitting and get him.

After the show we headed up to Deck 9 for the PITC Party. We missed Mickey Mouse flying in the air and the fireworks at sea because DS did not want to miss his time to make flubber in the Oceaneer's Lab. The times conflicted in a way that it was going to have to be one or the other. Since DS loves science he could not wait to do the flubber experiment. That flubber experiment is something that he is still talking about.

Below are some pics from the PITC Party and the Oceaneers Lab.

For some reason the Chocolate ship was not fully decorated .

But what is there to complain about?

DS in Oceaneers Lab. HE LOVED THIS PLACE!!!!

After I tied a rope DS, 10 CMs helped me pull him out of the Oceaneer's Lab and we retired for the night to prepare for Castaway Cay!!!

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-02-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #49
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What a happy family you are! Enjoying your report and esp your pics of your beautiful family. I wondered if you noticed the guy behind the talking trash can with his hand in the bag (I'm sure he was controlling it). I kept looking for the talking trash can when we were there but didn't see it.

You are so right about AK - we only had 3 hours there our last day and barely made it back to catch our bus to the airport!

Anxious to read more about your cruise!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 02-28-2008, 08:33 AM   #50
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

great report, I have never read a cruise report, very interesting info and pix, thanx for posting, and Happy 8th Bday to your cute lilguy!!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #51
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
What a happy family you are! Enjoying your report and esp your pics of your beautiful family. I wondered if you noticed the guy behind the talking trash can with his hand in the bag (I'm sure he was controlling it).
I just noticed that yesterday when I posted the photo. I believe he is the one scaring my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousekaMaddi View Post
great report, I have never read a cruise report, very interesting info and pix, thanx for posting, and Happy 8th Bday to your cute lilguy!!
Thank you! And what a beautiful princess you have in your avatar.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #52
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Son In The Sun !

Day 5 - Son In The Sun!

I woke up earlier than everybody else this morning because I wanted to see The Wonder pulling into Castaway Cay. I got some breakfast from The Beach Blanket Buffet and sat outside to watch us pull in. The CMs said that we were docking a little slower than usual because the wind was blowing pretty hard.

The next announcement was that all of the water activities were cancelled because of the rough water. That meant no banana boat rides, no fishing excursions, no parasailing, etc. I took this picture before I went to get the rest of my family.

One thing that I noticed was that every time the Wonder pulled in somewhere they were testing the life boats. I use to be in the Coast Guard and conducted numerous safety inspections and was happy to see that this was being done. I took this photo out of the window of our stateroom.

After DW and DS were finished getting dressed we went to eat breakfast at Parrot Cay. I was happy to be able to go in there since we missed our dining rotation there the night before.

The funny thing about this day was that after all the water excursions were cancelled and we finished breakfast, the seas calmed down, the wind stopped blowing, and the sun came out to heat the day up to a beautiful 75 degrees! It turned out to be a perfect day at Castaway Cay! We were told that they could not do the water excursions after they were cancelled because the people that drive the boats were locals from the nearby islands. They were already told not to come to Castaway Cay.

Anyway, when we got off the ship I was not expecting this.......

Yes, the white stuff is SNOW! From a snow machine of course .

As soon as we hit shore I could smell the food that was on the grill at Cookies Barbeque. Yes, more FOOD! I couldn't even think about eating right now. I had already had breakfast twice ( I didn't tell DW that I had already had something to eat before we ate together at Parrot Cay).

On the way to the family beach at Castaway Cay we took these photos...

The Flying Dutchman from the Pirates Of The Caribbean Movie!

DS did not want to do the kid's activities on the island so I can not comment on what that was like. He wanted to go to the beach with DW and I. I was glad he made that choice because I thought that this would be great family time together. We headed over to the family beach and .........well, the pictures speak for themselves.................

We had lunch at Cookies and DS was trying to come up with a scheme to stay on the island. "Daddy, what if we hid somewhere and let the boat leave without us? What would happen?" I had to laugh but I felt the same way too. I was so relaxed and everybody was so friendly. Castaway Cay truly felt like paradise!

Once we showered off all of the sand from our bodies we caught the tram back to the ship and prepared for dinner at Triton's. After we ate dinner at Triton's I performed a magic trick that I had promised to show some of the kids from our dinning rotation. I made the salt shaker go through the table! The kids loved it and I was the hit for the night.

After Triton's we went to see The Wonder's Grand Finale... Disney Dreams. All I can say is WOW! We were later told that Disney Dreams was voted the number 1 show on the sea of any cruise line and I can see why. The CMs in the performance were awesome and the stage production was incredible to say the least! We gave them a standing ovation at the end of the show. Simply awesome!

(I borrowed this photo from http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL_DisneyDreams/index.htm)

(Borrowed these photos too from http://www.allearsnet.com/cruise/g_wonder7.htm because these guys were the exact same cast that we saw perform on The Wonder)

After the show DW wanted to go see the premiere of National Treasure 2 and DS wanted to go to the Oceaneers Lab. We dropped off DS and went to see the movie.

I walked DW back to the stateroom after the movie because she was tired and I decided to walk around a bit because I knew that DS would not be ready to leave. I went up to deck 9 and heard people cheering. When I walked out by the pool I saw THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS playing the Rams on the big jumbotron TV! I am from Pittsburgh and have black and gold blood running through my veins. I grabbed a piece of pizza and sat down in a deck chair to watch my favorite football team play while I caught a sea breeze . It was as if the CMs of the Wonder knew that I was coming up and put the game on just for me!

After the game I went to get DS fromt the Oceaneers Lab. After I checked him out we went to the elevator and he started crying . "Son, what's wrong," I asked. "I don't wanna leave daddy!" He realized that this was going to be his last time in the Oceaneers Lab. So instead of going back to the stateroom we went back up to deck 9 and grabbed some pizza. He was so sad that he could barely eat. DW called me to find out where we were and joined us. She tried her best to console him. The fact that we were going to be back at WDW for two more days after the cruise didn't even help the matter. We ate the pizza and retired for the night to prepare for leaving the Wonder and heading to Coronado Springs at WDW.

Up Next............The Disney Fanatic Doesn't Soar.

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-05-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #53
byoung
You are keeping us alive

Yes I still love getting my fix here on the DIS daily

Great report!

4/80 Offsite--11/87 FWC--11/90 CBR--5/99CBR--5/01 CR AS CBR--10/02 OKW DWL--12/03 OKW--6/04 Offsite--10/04 BCV POR--12/04 CSR--1/05 CBR--5/05 BWV POLY--6/05 Offsite--10/05 BWV Welcome Home--11/05 Offsite--12/05 CSR OKW--2,3/06 OKW--5/06 Pops VWL Offsite--10/06 POR BWV--12/06 BWV--2,3/07 Offsite--5/07 BWV POR CS--10/07 CB BWV--12/07 OKW--2/08 Offsite--5/08 ASM VWL--9/08 AKV--10/08 BWV--3/09 Offsite--5/09 OKW--10/09 BWV ASM--11/09 ASM--12/09 SS--5/10 VWL
Old 02-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #54
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

Fantastic trip report!

Way, Way Too Many Trips to List

Upcoming trips:

June 2014 WBC
October 2014 WBC
December 2014 WBC
April 2015 WBC
Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 PM   #55
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I'm definitely planning on taking a Disney cruise. It looks fantastic!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #56
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful trip. The pic of your family in the water at Castaway Cay could be your Christmas card next year. Excellent photo I also liked the one of you and your DS sitting on the snowmen.

Looking forward to hearing about CS. We've never been there.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #57
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Day 6 - "The Disney Fanatic" Doesn't Soar

I woke up early once again to do laundry and iron some clothes. The morning of the last day of a cruise is THE worst time to try to do this. Everybody was trying to get their things together.

We ate breakfast at the Beach Blanket Buffet and began the process of leaving The Wonder. As we boarded our van that would take us to the Coronado Springs Resort DS began to fight back the tears again. As the Disney Wonder began to fade away out of the back window I felt myself beginning to tear up too. I looked at DW and I couldn't tell if she was sad because DS was sad or because she missed the Wonder too. She said it was because of both.

We were on our way back to WDW and were sad?. The Wonder was really WONDERful! Please believe me when I say that this is a BRIEF description of what our cruise was like. There was so much that we did not get a chance to do and the things that we did do I did not take nearly enough pictures of. So this TR doesn't really do it justice. But I tried.

When we arrived at the Coronado Springs Resort DS started to feel a little better and started acting like a typical 7/8 year old kid at Disney World. We checked in and quickly headed towards the bus for EPCOT. We wanted to be able to get a fast pass for Soarin'. We were told that the fast passes for that attraction go fast and early.

(Photo courtesy of Linda Mac)

We received our fast pass and ate lunch right outside of Soarin' at Sunshine Seasons. I really liked the food there! DW and I shared the Rotisserie Chicken and DS got the chicken leg with mashed potatoes and gravy. I'll have to be sure to eat at that place again in the future.

From here we walked across the lobby to Livin With The Land. DS loves science so this attraction was more interesting to him than it would be to most kids his age.

From here we went to the Finding Nemo attraction which was the beginning of things to come.

We finaly got to the front of a very long line when I here, "Daddy I have to use the bathroom!" "Can you hold it," I asked? "NOOO DADDY!" I take DS out of the line and told DW that we would be back. DS's stomach was really rumbling and making some new sound effects.

After quite awhile in the men's room we found DW who was able to have a CM save a place for us to get back in the front of the line. In short, DS loved this ride and Turtle Talk with Crush. Very nice attraction.

Next was Innoventions which was right up DS's alley. He loved the robots and the Test The Limits Lab. DW took the Segway class and loved it. It was her first time being on one.

We ran over to Test Track which I've been waiting 6 years to ride. There was a sign that said that Test Track was not operational because the computer system was down ( or something like that).

O.K. So we head on over to Mission Space and unanimously voted to go on the soft version. Once we were at the attraction door DS decided that he did not want to ride and said that his stomach was hurting again. DW took him in the area with the interactive games and I was in the Mission Space Pod all by myself. This is where I learned something new about myself... I'm Claustrophobic!!!!!!!!!
When the door shut and the control panel came down on me I started to freak out. This had never ever happened to me before! NEVER!

The attraction just sat there for a few minutes which felt like 1/2 an hour. During that time I felt like beating on the doors, screaming, and crawling on the floor. I took deep breathes and was fine once the ride started. Once it stopped I had to hurry out the door. I have no idea where this fear of tight spaces came from. I guess I am afraid of the attraction breaking down and being stuck in the tight space for an indefinate amount of time.

After that episode we left Mission Space and DS started complaining about his stomach hurting again. He was almost in tears. We took him to the infirmary at EPCOT and the nurse there let DS lay down in a bed. We let him sleep for about an hour and 15 minutes. By the time he woke up it was too late for us to use our fast passes for Soarin' and we cancelled our dinning reservations for Chefs De France.

We should have left right there and went back to Coronado Springs. This is one of those moments as a parent that I wish I could have back to do over again so that I could handle the situation differently. We went to the World Showcase and saw the nome at Norway with his Christmas presentation.

DS liked the show but was really hurting so we left there and headed back for the exit. I wanted to see the Christmas version of Illuminations but that would have to wait for another time. These pictures were taken on the way out of EPCOT.

DS was trying to hang in there. Why didn't I just leave?

On the way out I had a "BOB" sighting on his cart. Those of you who listen the DIS Unplugged will know what I am talking about. We got back to CSR and I walked to El Centro to buy some medicine and some food.

DS's stomach was hurting because of all the hotdogs I ALLOWED him to eat on the cruise ship. Was I still "The Best Dad in the World?" I sure didn't feel like it at the time. When I returned to the room with the medicine DS smiled and said once again, "You're the best daddy in the world! Thanks for getting me some medicine daddy."

I truly believe with all my heart that I have the best son in the world. God has truly blessed me. I just pray that God will give me the ability to raise him to be a man that knows God and fulfills his purpose in life.

Up Next..... Day 7 - Darth Vader Battle at MGM Studios

Last edited by The Disney Fanatic; 03-01-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 AM   #58
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm convinced, I MUST go on a cruise! It looks like so much fun!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 AM   #59
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

You are doing a fine job with your son. Just look at the smiles on face!!! You can't fake that stuff!!

You even had me teary eyed when you had to leave the The Wonder!! Stop that!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 05:55 AM   #60
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Beautiful photos! Hope your son was feeling better the next day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: