Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #331
Mythicalbee
Swiss Family Robinson

How can we (basically) send ourselves a gift basket? Can we include alcohol, and will our basket be waiting in our room or would we need to pick it up from somewhere?

Guessing we'd need an address and directions on how to instruct the staff as to our cruise date and stateroom.

Thank you for your help!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #332
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Call Shirley and tell them what you want and they will do their best to get it to the ship for you!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #333
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythicalbee View Post
How can we (basically) send ourselves a gift basket? Can we include alcohol, and will our basket be waiting in our room or would we need to pick it up from somewhere?

Guessing we'd need an address and directions on how to instruct the staff as to our cruise date and stateroom.

Thank you for your help!
Shirley will deliver the basket to the ship early and it will be waiting for you in your room. She delivers to all ships at Port Canaveral, check out the website and about 2 weeks before, call and place your order, You can tell her what type of alcohol you want, sodas, snacks, etc, and the dollar amount you want to spend. I ordered one for a 3 night cruise last May and it was way way way too much food for just me. I used a lot of the snacks for FE gifts for the few kids that were in the FE group.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #334
DisneyAngel05
What's 12 hours on a plane, when DISNEY is waiting!!

Hi all

I just wanted to write something about Shirley and her team. It's been a long time since I posted on here - living so far away I feel I rarely have anything to add, but I love to lurk.
I ordered 2 baskets from Shirley way back in '07 when my then-23 yr old fiance and I were travelling on the Wonder in celebration of him entering remission from cancer.
The support and personal service I received from Shirley and her understanding that I wanted to make it the best holiday I could was just amazing and I truly believe she is an angel

I think it's the attention to detail that really adds that pizazz to the gift baskets - yes, they can be an expense, but it is worth it as Shirley does all the organising and for someone like me, living so far away it is worth it and more.

I don't have pictures to add, as I'm at work, but I just wanted to say a very belated thank you to Shirley - we would not have had the amazing time we had on our cruise without her!!

Tokyo Disney - 1999 Disneyland Resort - 2004 Disneyland Paris & Walt Disney Studios (Surprise Engagement trip!) - 2005 Walt Disney World and Disney Wonder - 2007 Hong Kong Disneyland - 2008 Walt Disney World - 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013
I have now officially visited every Disney park in the world!
DisneyAngel05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #335
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I am cruising December 15,2012 and drink caffiene free diet Dr Pepper. We will be celebrating 3 birthdays (2-18th B-days that will be in October and Mine in Jan 2013 and the cruise is an early Graduation present. I will call Shirley about Thanksgiving or the Monday after and give her the info, names, #baskets needed and some ideas and what celebrations we are having. Things I might request are Diet Dr Peppers(so I can have 1 day or so) underwater camera's etc and a few snacks, gum, maybe sunscreen(things I might forget to pack that we need or I dont want on the plane or train) and let Shirley do the rest. She did really well the last time I called.

I love you and what you do for us Diser's I especially appreciate thethread you created and keep updating on POrt Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. Thanks Shirley!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #336
HappyGilmore
It is never to late to have a happy childhood!!!

Wanted to add my opinion about Shirley and the Perfect gift.....
Remember that old commercial, from what was it... Mastercard??

Disney Cruise $2500.00 - $5000.00 Dollars (estimated range)
Souviners purchased on the trip $400.00
Bar tab and tip for two sail away drinks $12.00
Bottle of suntan lotion $10

Gift basket from Perfect Gift : customized to the exact brand of products you request -- some hard to find items, arranged beautifully and with pride, arrived on time to the proper destination and in one piece, filled with hope and intent to bring big smiles to the intended recepient and wrapped with 100% genuine care and LOVE because that is just how Shirley and Norm are .......
$ PRICELESS!
Magic 6/9/00
Magic 9/2/00
Wonder 10/11/01
Wonder 9/1/02
Wonder 2/13/03
Wonder 9/1/05
Wonder 9/25/08
Dream 6/12/11
Dream 2/9/12
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #337
frangi
Disney Freak

I've used Shirley twice and will again this Thanksgiving!!! Her baskets were amazing!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #338
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAngel05 View Post
Hi all

I just wanted to write something about Shirley and her team. It's been a long time since I posted on here - living so far away I feel I rarely have anything to add, but I love to lurk.
I ordered 2 baskets from Shirley way back in '07 when my then-23 yr old fiance and I were travelling on the Wonder in celebration of him entering remission from cancer.
The support and personal service I received from Shirley and her understanding that I wanted to make it the best holiday I could was just amazing and I truly believe she is an angel

I think it's the attention to detail that really adds that pizazz to the gift baskets - yes, they can be an expense, but it is worth it as Shirley does all the organising and for someone like me, living so far away it is worth it and more.

I don't have pictures to add, as I'm at work, but I just wanted to say a very belated thank you to Shirley - we would not have had the amazing time we had on our cruise without her!!
I have a journal and many years ago, I started writing in that special journal .
I share my feelings with my "friend" about all the interesting folks I have spoke to over the many years - I share with my "friend" prayers and good wishes for those that I have spoke to with struggles, losses and most of all. winners - so many times I have thought about those that I have lost contact with, but when I open my "friend" up during my quiet time and read about what has made me feel so blessed, I know it was never about business, it was the out pouring love that I got from so many -many of my pages have tear stains because of the heartache some of the families suffered, I have written about the good, the bad and the ugly and I also know and written down when I have messed up and disappointed someone, but in all reality, but if I face it all, I would do it all again (Just be a little more careful) for the shop gave me the chance to meet some of the most beautiful people in the world - Yes Disneyangel - I do remember you very well and I am so glad that your sweetie stayed well - you are one of the many, I still asked to be blessed.
You know John and Pete who started this whole things many years ago is owed so much for because of them and DU, they made it possible to open up a world we would have never known - it a world that has brought so many close to each other and we are really so blessed so thanks to John, Pete and staff for blessings so many without even knowing you have. Here is many for giving so much to so many.
Thank you for taking the time to write - many blessings to you and your love
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Last edited by snelsonbrown; 07-22-2011 at 05:30 AM.
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #339
mousejunkie98
DIS Veteran

Just chiming back in about our basket - we loved it! My two boys and my husband were so excited when they saw it, they pounced on it and I never got a chance to take a picture before they tore into it I do have some photos of them opening it, I'll dig those out and post them. Ours had everything I asked for - and a couple of extra surprises.
Feb. 2013 Art of Animation / Nov. 2012 - Polynesian, Contemporary / May 2012 - Aulani / Dec. 2011 - POFQ / Sept. 2011 - Contemporary, Disney Dream, CSR / May, 2011 - Disney Dream, AKL, Boardwalk / Sept. 2010 - Disney Wonder / 2010 - Jan, Polynesian; June, CBR; Sept. AKL / 2006 - Fort Wilderness Cabin / 2001 & 2002 - offsite / 2000 - Wilderness Lodge / 1998 - Honeymoon at the Lodge! / 1995 - Wilderness Lodge / 1981 - 1st trip to WDW!
mousejunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #340
mousejunkie98
DIS Veteran

Okay, here's my attempt to post the photos of my guys opening the basket. I'm not very adept at this so hopefully it work, lol:

Feb. 2013 Art of Animation / Nov. 2012 - Polynesian, Contemporary / May 2012 - Aulani / Dec. 2011 - POFQ / Sept. 2011 - Contemporary, Disney Dream, CSR / May, 2011 - Disney Dream, AKL, Boardwalk / Sept. 2010 - Disney Wonder / 2010 - Jan, Polynesian; June, CBR; Sept. AKL / 2006 - Fort Wilderness Cabin / 2001 & 2002 - offsite / 2000 - Wilderness Lodge / 1998 - Honeymoon at the Lodge! / 1995 - Wilderness Lodge / 1981 - 1st trip to WDW!
mousejunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #341
KimberlyBRoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangi View Post
I've used Shirley twice and will again this Thanksgiving!!! Her baskets were amazing!!!
LOVE your Mickey in the sand!
KimberlyBRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #342
Alexander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljammer View Post
I certainly understand that this isn't for everyone and a majority of people order these for mere convenience and I certainly get that as I've been tempted. But after seeing more pictures, I'm just convinced I'm getting more bang for my buck by doing my own. Just thought I'd throw out ideas of what I'm doing for my DD (4) for our trip.

Blue sand bucket w/shovel (large) - $1.00 at Michaels - .50 after 1/2 off coupon
Mickey pirate plush from Disney Store online w/20% - $10.36
mickey's treasure chest w/various goodies from disney store w/20% $16.76
glow in the dark bracelets (get a whole tube for $1.00 at Michael's will use 50% coupon) - .50
Will buy M&M's (large bag for all of us or smaller bags) - $2.50 to $3.00
perhaps a few more snacks he likes.

Total thus far = $32.00

For us, the cruise in itself is a enough but to make a bit more special, we just want to tailor it to the cruise so he has momentos from this experience. We may also have an ear hat which is another $13 (with 20% off) which would bring it to approximately $47.00 (not including personalizing ears).

Now he's not getting trinket stuff as he has enough toys/trinkets but more substantial mementos for the money.

Nothing against Shirley and what she does by any means, just letting you know what can be done on your own and put more $$ in your pocket. I also plan on getting something "dream" on board to commemorate our trip.
My favorite part of having the gifts already in the room is the expression and excitement on the kids faces when they walk in and there are gifts on the bed for them.

It would be hard for me to make up a basket, sneak it onto the ship, and then somehow put it in the stateroom so the kids could be surprised.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #343
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

We used Shirley for my parent's 50th anniversary gift basket this past July. It was exactly what I asked for. And my parents had enough snacks to take some home on the plane with them. And believe it or not, the best part was the gatorade that I requested for my dad. He has a thing about staying hydrated and I wanted him to have something to drink. He loved sitting on his verandah sipping his gatorade. And mom enjoyed her wine!! (and she shared with me ) And because I didn't want a basket for traveling purposes, the little blue bag they used came in very handy. My mom used it like a purse and carried her book, reading glasses and lanyard. And I liked it waiting for them in their stateroom! Yes, I could have run around and picked up all the stuff and put it in their stateroom but this was so much easier and nicer!!

So thank you to Brooke and Shirley!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #344
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
We used Shirley for my parent's 50th anniversary gift basket this past July. It was exactly what I asked for. And my parents had enough snacks to take some home on the plane with them. And believe it or not, the best part was the gatorade that I requested for my dad. He has a thing about staying hydrated and I wanted him to have something to drink. He loved sitting on his verandah sipping his gatorade. And mom enjoyed her wine!! (and she shared with me ) And because I didn't want a basket for traveling purposes, the little blue bag they used came in very handy. My mom used it like a purse and carried her book, reading glasses and lanyard. And I liked it waiting for them in their stateroom! Yes, I could have run around and picked up all the stuff and put it in their stateroom but this was so much easier and nicer!!

So thank you to Brooke and Shirley!
Thanks so much Allison - it would take hours for me to run to so many places with coupons to save monies and besides that you have to have the right "things", colors'' and items'' - tried it and found I used too much time and gas - all I have to do is go to my wholesalers and most of the time have most of the stuff that I need - so glad your parents were happy with their gift baskets - it is always nice to have something tangiable there waiting when the doors are opened.
My sincere thanks and may blessings always be with you and yours - the memories are always priceless
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #345
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

We just placed an order for our cruise in 2 weeks...

2 Small Sand Pails with 4 drinks, 3 bags of chips, 1 bag of cookies or crackers, tattoos, and fruit snacks. $30 each

1 Mesh bag with 4 gatorades, cheese, crackers, and white chocolate for DH. $48

I will post pics upon our return.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: