Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #301
pearljammer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamma View Post
We sailed on 3/27/11. Here's the gift basket I ordered for my family.

Here's what was inside:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did something like that run you? I'm asking because if you were to price those items out individually, it wouldn't come to a lot. I've viewed her website and the prices seem high for what you get in them. We're considering carrying out own items on and putting it together once there for our son. Just wondering cause I'm guessing those may be some expensive "snacks". Thanks.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #302
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljammer View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did something like that run you? I'm asking because if you were to price those items out individually, it wouldn't come to a lot. I've viewed her website and the prices seem high for what you get in them. We're considering carrying out own items on and putting it together once there for our son. Just wondering cause I'm guessing those may be some expensive "snacks". Thanks.
I can't answer that... but if you were to buy those things out right it would cost you MAYBE... $25. I would be interested in knowing how much it was too.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #303
whamma
DIS Veteran

Not cheap. It's not in the picture but I also got my husband a "Beers of the World" package and a small crystal block (hard to explain). The total for all of it was $135. I can't remember the breakdown about how much of it was for the beer. Sorry. There is no way I could put this together myself, get it in the room and surprise my family. For me it was worth it.
WDW with DVC: AKV- Jambo March 20-28, 2009, SSR July 10-17, 2009, BLT/AKV-Kidani Dec. 20-27, 2009, WL April 1-4, 2010, OKW July 25-31, 2010, BWV March 31-April 3, 2011, SSR August 9-16, 2011, BLT December 17-24, 2011, SSR July 31-August 6, 2012, POLY Sept. 6-9, 2012,BLT April 12-14, 2013
DCL Cruises: Magic Western Caribbean March 22-29, 2008, Wonder 4-night Bahamas April 4-8, 2010, Dream 4-night Bahamas March 27-31, 2011, DCL Dream 4-night Bahamas April 14-18, 2013

Disneyland: GCV April 5-12, 2012, GCV March 22-28, 2014
Upcoming Trips: BCV July 19-24; BLT July 24-27, 2014, DCL Fantasy 7-night Eastern March 28-April 4, 2015
DVC member AKV 2008 BLT 2009
whamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #304
pearljammer
Mouseketeer

I'm in the wrong business. Ok, thanks for answering. It's a great idea. We're sailing in Oct and we're going to do our own gifts for our kids (as we're cruising with another couple). I can get a LOT more and better quality with my $135 than snacks and dollar store items (yes, I've seen at least 2 of those items at the dollar store). I understand though that a lot of people fly in and for mere convenience it may be worth it. Luckily for us, we'll get to drive. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #305
tracy51
Mouseketeer

whamma - I agree, its not about getting it for cheap, it's about the surprise and the presentation. There's just something fun about having a basket waiting in your room. Haven't done it for a cruise yet.

How far in advance should I call to place an order? Our cruise is almost 2 months out. I don't want to call too soon but also don't want to wait until its too late.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #306
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

I can tell you - we've used Shirley before and I have also made our own before...since we live in FL and drive over I thought it would save $$....what a PAIN....I had the baskets/bags hidden in a huge bag that I had to lug through the port and with us to lunch and around the ship until the room was ready. It's honestly worth the $$ to have Shirley and her crew make and deliver!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #307
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljammer View Post
I'm in the wrong business. Ok, thanks for answering. It's a great idea. We're sailing in Oct and we're going to do our own gifts for our kids (as we're cruising with another couple). I can get a LOT more and better quality with my $135 than snacks and dollar store items (yes, I've seen at least 2 of those items at the dollar store). I understand though that a lot of people fly in and for mere convenience it may be worth it. Luckily for us, we'll get to drive. Thanks for sharing.
Pearljammer, I have never ever used Dollar store items - all my items are ordered in from a number of reputable companies AND the 2 dollar store here are not worth going into - there is a great deal that goes into our gift baskets and they really turn out beautiful with a great presentation for those that receive them. remember the cost includes delivery and tax since DCL charges us $12.50 for every delivery unless we can tie two together to say our customer's $$$
I appreciate your imput though and realize some folks do believe that we use items of a cheaper quality - never have and never will.
thanks again and again comments are appreciated regardless of pro and cons
Reminded me of a customer several weeks ago that made her kids baskets and then called and asked if I would deliver them for her - she was here locally and decided to do so - she brought the gift baskets in and we had to completely redo them since they would not survived the delivery to the room.
She was stunned as to what the final end results were -
Anyhow hugssssssssssss to all
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #308
pearljammer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelsonbrown View Post
Pearljammer, I have never ever used Dollar store items - all my items are ordered in from a number of reputable companies AND the 2 dollar store here are not worth going into -l
Hi Shirley, never said you did. Just that I'd seen two of those items in the dollar store is all. Perhaps you should since you can get the same thing there and perhaps pass along those savings to your customers. Not to mention, those are some expensive snacks so those MUST be coming from a top notch store!!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #309
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelsonbrown View Post
Pearljammer, I have never ever used Dollar store items - all my items are ordered in from a number of reputable companies AND the 2 dollar store here are not worth going into - there is a great deal that goes into our gift baskets and they really turn out beautiful with a great presentation for those that receive them. remember the cost includes delivery and tax since DCL charges us $12.50 for every delivery unless we can tie two together to say our customer's $$$
I appreciate your imput though and realize some folks do believe that we use items of a cheaper quality - never have and never will.
thanks again and again comments are appreciated regardless of pro and cons
Reminded me of a customer several weeks ago that made her kids baskets and then called and asked if I would deliver them for her - she was here locally and decided to do so - she brought the gift baskets in and we had to completely redo them since they would not survived the delivery to the room.
She was stunned as to what the final end results were -
Anyhow hugssssssssssss to all
Shirley....to me...the look on my kids faces when they walked into the cabin to find your basket from "Catpain Jack" and "Cinderella" was worth it all. Something you just can't put a price on! We will be using your services again next June!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #310
whamma
DIS Veteran

Shirley and her staff are worth every penny. This was our second cruise basket from The Perfect Gift and I will do it again!
WDW with DVC: AKV- Jambo March 20-28, 2009, SSR July 10-17, 2009, BLT/AKV-Kidani Dec. 20-27, 2009, WL April 1-4, 2010, OKW July 25-31, 2010, BWV March 31-April 3, 2011, SSR August 9-16, 2011, BLT December 17-24, 2011, SSR July 31-August 6, 2012, POLY Sept. 6-9, 2012,BLT April 12-14, 2013
DCL Cruises: Magic Western Caribbean March 22-29, 2008, Wonder 4-night Bahamas April 4-8, 2010, Dream 4-night Bahamas March 27-31, 2011, DCL Dream 4-night Bahamas April 14-18, 2013

Disneyland: GCV April 5-12, 2012, GCV March 22-28, 2014
Upcoming Trips: BCV July 19-24; BLT July 24-27, 2014, DCL Fantasy 7-night Eastern March 28-April 4, 2015
DVC member AKV 2008 BLT 2009
whamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #311
Jennifer in MI
DIS Veteran

We are the frugal family. We ordered from Shirley and we'd do it again!!! LOVE her! I didn't want food because I knew there was going to be a LOT on the ship. She talked with me a lot on the phone and got to know my kids. She really listened!!!! My dd got a basket from Snow White full of princess things that she could use on the cruise - an autograph book, a cup, etc. She still uses these things!!!

My boys had one signed from Captain Jack. They had sand toys and pirate things for pirate night.

Both were perfect. BOTH were HUGE and only cost us around $75 total.

Jennifer in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #312
angieleia
Earning My Ears

Amazing baskets!!!!

angieleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #313
sammydent
Mouseketeer

Shirley is the best!!

I ordered two baskets from Shirley in 2009, for my then 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter. The baskets were incredible!! My kids were SO surprised and loved everything in their baskets. The presentation was phenomenal. I knew that I wanted to get these baskets so I budgeted for them in advance. They were worth every penny and then some! I can't recommend Shirley and her gang enough!!

sammydent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #314
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I just wanted to take the time to say thanks for all the kindness shown - believe me, it may sound like I make a fortune, but I really don't - I shop for very special items and sometimes the "shopping for that special item" has cost me more than I charged -
Over the years, I have donated a number of gift baskets for MAW children or children in challenges and with the help of D.A.I.D, so many were given so many smiles.
everyone here is extremely very special in my life and when the times comes that I can no longer continue, my memories will be very blessed because of you.
Blessings always
Shirley and Norm
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #315
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

I consider myself quite frugal as well, but for me it was just the goofy grin on my DH's face, and the awe on our girls'. It was great fun to see them "open" their baskets. It was very similar to what we decided about vacationing on DCL, our girls had a sense of wonder every day and the bliss is just something we decided can't have a price tag.

Now, go with me to the grocery store and watch me walk up and down the aisles with my coupons looking for a sale!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: