Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #286
CarolinesMom
TGM Refugee

I was disappointed

I just wanted to chime in with my experience with Shirley's. I ordered 2 buckets for my children for our November cruise. I asked for things like autograph books, etc. The autograph books that were included were cheapy, Dollar Store looking books that were spiral bound and had thin pages. In fact, I would say all the items included were of that caliber. I was very disappointed considering the cost.

I just wanted to share my experience. I used the company based on other great reviews I found on the Dis. I guess that gave me a higher expectation than maybe I should have had.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #287
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinesMom View Post
I just wanted to chime in with my experience with Shirley's. I ordered 2 buckets for my children for our November cruise. I asked for things like autograph books, etc. The autograph books that were included were cheapy, Dollar Store looking books that were spiral bound and had thin pages. In fact, I would say all the items included were of that caliber. I was very disappointed considering the cost.

I just wanted to share my experience. I used the company based on other great reviews I found on the Dis. I guess that gave me a higher expectation than maybe I should have had.
I'm a dollar store shopper -- all of them -- I scout them out big time all the time. I noticed that some of the things photographed were things I have seen from the dollar store or dollar sections. But a lot of those things can be absolutely precious!! However, I can get those things here and make my own basket but I don't want to haul a basket to the ship. I think I'm going to stick to food items. I think my kids would enjoy receiving the basket. So I'm going to do it but stay in the food and drink area for them...and maybe a coloring book...
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #288
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinesMom View Post

CarolinasMom,
I meant to post earlier, but Norm is still having issues and didn't have a chance to do so - Now I wish you would have called me about your disappointment and I would have worked with you and now most important, I never ever fill the orders from products from any dollar store - I have always use a number of suppliers that I had to search for in order to get quality and MOST important have always tried to find "made in America" items, but that is almost impossible. Please rest assure that my products are top dollar. Believe it or not, I had to make several visits to Orlando to get products I couldn't order so yep I do go over the edge a lot of times.
Again sure wish you would have contacted me in fact if you get the chance, drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com and let me know when you sailed for I want to pull your order ok?
Thanks so much for sharing
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #289
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I ordered a basket in 2005 to have in the stateroom for my mom then in her late 60's. The basket was a great Disney tote and contained a six pack of soda, cheese, crackers, nabs, pens and other snacks. It was great and a nice treat for my Mom. I am probably taking a cruise late Dec 2012 and will order again.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #290
cindy18
DIS Veteran

Wanted to give Shirley, Melody and their crew a big thumbs up. We ordered 10 baskets for our group cruise on the Dream last month, 8 for teenagers, 1 for a grown woman and 1 for a couple, and all of them were perfect! Our guests were so excited and thrilled, and the amount of stuff in the kids' baskets was unbelievable! We were really pleased, and we will definitely order from Shirley again. I wish I had pictures to post, but I was busy booking spa appointments when everyone got into the cabins, and I missed the frenzy of opening up the baskets. I was told there was much screaming with glee.
cindy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #291
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy18 View Post
Wanted to give Shirley, Melody and their crew a big thumbs up. We ordered 10 baskets for our group cruise on the Dream last month, 8 for teenagers, 1 for a grown woman and 1 for a couple, and all of them were perfect! Our guests were so excited and thrilled, and the amount of stuff in the kids' baskets was unbelievable! We were really pleased, and we will definitely order from Shirley again. I wish I had pictures to post, but I was busy booking spa appointments when everyone got into the cabins, and I missed the frenzy of opening up the baskets. I was told there was much screaming with glee.
Hello Cindy,
I thought about you and your group and wondered how everything had turned out for all those girls - post pictures of what all they did and on the side line - it was our sincere pleasure to be able to help with your endeavor.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #292
allonte
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about getting a basket for my DD's birthday. It's actually on the day we set sail! About how much do the baskets with the sand pails and beach toys run? This trip is already costing an arm and a leg (land and sea with CRT and custom cake ) so I don't want to spend too much on a basket.

Can you give me some price ranges?

allonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #293
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

you can give Shirley an amount you'd like to work with and she'll give you some suggestions.
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #294
DreamBound23
Mouseketeer

After seeing all the photos on here, I cannot wait to order baskets for our cruise! I plan on ordering 1 for DH and 1 for each DDs.

Ordering these baskets is one of the things I am looking forward to most!

4 Night Bahamas Dream Cruise - 11/27/11-12/1/11
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 12/01/12
7 Night Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 04/26/14
7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Cruise - 01/24/15

DreamBound23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #295
snelsonbrown

Hello everybody and hope each are having a great day - anyhow wanted to say don't forget the Easter baskets that we are now offering for the kids - don't have pictures but they are adorable and extra great for the ocassion - just wanted to share this with you

Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #296
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

Any new photos to post? I'm ordering our baskets in two weeks...have made a list of things to ask about. Just curious what's in the baskets right now.
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #297
disneyland255
Disney Husband and Father

Is there a website for Shirley that I can look at? We're flying out June 3rd for 4 days at WDW (our 2 1/2 year olds first WDW trip) and then 5 days on the Dream. I'm toying with maybe having a little something in our room for our daughter when we get to WDW.

disneyland255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #298
Tequilamamacita
Mouseketeer

zAny suggestions for a 50th Bday for my DH and 50th wedding anniversary for my folks
Tequilamamacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #299
Topscot
Mouseketeer

Thanks to Shirley for my DD gift basket. There was different types of candy, cookies, bottled water, pirate tatoos, and a necklace that lit up. My DD loved it.

3/31/11 - 4/1/11 POR
4/2/11 - 4/9/11 DCL Western

Last edited by Topscot; 04-21-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Topscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #300
whamma
DIS Veteran

We sailed on 3/27/11. Here's the gift basket I ordered for my family.

Here's what was inside:
WDW with DVC: AKV- Jambo March 20-28, 2009, SSR July 10-17, 2009, BLT/AKV-Kidani Dec. 20-27, 2009, WL April 1-4, 2010, OKW July 25-31, 2010, BWV March 31-April 3, 2011, SSR August 9-16, 2011, BLT December 17-24, 2011, SSR July 31-August 6, 2012, POLY Sept. 6-9, 2012,BLT April 12-14, 2013, BCV/BLT July 19-27, 2014
DCL Cruises: Magic Western Caribbean March 22-29, 2008, Wonder 4-night Bahamas April 4-8, 2010, Dream 4-night Bahamas March 27-31, 2011, DCL Dream 4-night Bahamas April 14-18, 2013

Disneyland: GCV April 5-12, 2012, GCV March 22-28, 2014
Upcoming Trips: 1st Disney Princess Half Marathon BLT February 20-24, 2015, DCL Fantasy 7-night Eastern March 28-April 4, 2015
DVC member AKV 2008 BLT 2009
whamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: