Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #241
Stacy B
Earning My Ears

mpeterson you will not be disappointed. Shirley did 2 baskets for me last Feb on a last minute DC. One was for my son for his birthday (gift from mickey) and the other was for me and spouse with snacks and drinks we would like. I can't rave enough about Shirley and the baskets and the service.

Our sail date got pushed a day later due to the ship being stuck at Castaway Cay for an extra day and I was worried the baskets would not be in the stateroom when we boarded but they were. The baskets were better than I could have imagined. When I spoke to Shirley she asked me great questions about my son's likes and dislikes and he ended up with a perfect custom basket.

I am sailing on Jan 30 on the Dream and plan to order from Shirley again.
Stacy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #242
clawmachine
DIS Veteran

I just ordered our basket! I spoke to Melody (Melanie?) and she was so sweet and helpful! I basically just gave them my max price for everything including delivery and told her the kinds of things we wanted. I am mainly interested in buckets and nut-free snacks for the kids. She said she will take care of figuring out how to fill it up to my max price. Easy as pie! :-)
clawmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #243
mpetersen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy B View Post
mpeterson you will not be disappointed. Shirley did 2 baskets for me last Feb on a last minute DC. One was for my son for his birthday (gift from mickey) and the other was for me and spouse with snacks and drinks we would like. I can't rave enough about Shirley and the baskets and the service.

Our sail date got pushed a day later due to the ship being stuck at Castaway Cay for an extra day and I was worried the baskets would not be in the stateroom when we boarded but they were. The baskets were better than I could have imagined. When I spoke to Shirley she asked me great questions about my son's likes and dislikes and he ended up with a perfect custom basket.

I am sailing on Jan 30 on the Dream and plan to order from Shirley again.
We're on the same cruise!! I'm going to call shirley this week (gotta wait until Dh is at work) to finalize details..i cant believe we sail in 30 days

mpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #244
mjy
DIS Veteran

Giving them a try!

I've heard so many positive things about Shirley's business that I thought I would give them a try as well.

Just ordered gift baskets for my friends and their two daughters. They are sailing on the first shakedown cruise for the Disney Dream this coming Friday.

We'll see if the crew handles packages delivered to the ship properly.

And, yes, I agree with all of you. They were very cordial throughout the phone conversation. Sounds like nice gift baskets are going to be on the way!
For my Disney vacation pics, go to http://pics.dvcdisneyandme.com
mjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #245
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjy View Post
I've heard so many positive things about Shirley's business that I thought I would give them a try as well.

Just ordered gift baskets for my friends and their two daughters. They are sailing on the first shakedown cruise for the Disney Dream this coming Friday.

We'll see if the crew handles packages delivered to the ship properly.

And, yes, I agree with all of you. They were very cordial throughout the phone conversation. Sounds like nice gift baskets are going to be on the way!
You wont be disappointed!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #246
cindy18
DIS Veteran

Want to say the same. We are on the Feb 20th dream with a party of 13, and yesterday I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Melody working through the contents of 10 gift baskets. She was terrific and patient and really understood what we were going for. I am feeling pretty confident that all the baskets will be where they are supposed to be when we walk into our cabins on the 20th, and that they will all be wonderful.
cindy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #247
allonte
DIS Veteran

How early should you order? I've decided that I will do the Disney birthday package. DD will be THRILLED to open the door and see the cabin decorated for her birthday (which is boarding day) and DH will love having a cake in the room . The gift basket can be DD's present!

allonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #248
cindy18
DIS Veteran

Well, I deliberately waited until after the holiday craziness to order, and I asked Melody whether I was calling too soon for the 2/20 cruise. She said that I wasn't calling too early. But I've heard others say that a few weeks is far enough in advance. It probably depends on whether you're hitting them during a busy season.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #249
mjy
DIS Veteran

Mission Successful!

The gifts baskets that I ordered for the Dream were all delivered and in the room when my friends boarded yesterday.
For my Disney vacation pics, go to http://pics.dvcdisneyandme.com
mjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #250
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjy View Post
Mission Successful!

The gifts baskets that I ordered for the Dream were all delivered and in the room when my friends boarded yesterday.

And hello to Munster from a Hobart "Brickie"

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #251
2gr8DisneyKids
DIS Veteran

Got back last week and had a great bag from Shirley in the room!

The price of the bag was a little over $100 including delivery and taxes, etc.
What was inside:
2 magazines, 1/2 bottle of champagne, boxes of cookie dough and twizzler candy, 2 big bags of mini-oreos, family bag of Lays, 4 water bottles, light-up necklaces, ring pops.

Here are some pics:

POLY 1979, POLY 1990, Treehouse 1993, one-day visit 1996, DL OS 2000, CR 2007, CBR 2009, POLY (Princess 1/2) & 3-night DCL 2010, POP 2010, 7-night NYE Eastern DCL 2010, 2011 AKL/POP and BLT/BC and OKW, 2012 POFQ/Vero Beach and AKV, 2013 POP (Goofy Race and a Half) and Vero Beach/CSR, 2014 AoA (Minnie 10K)
2gr8DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #252
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

We're sailing March 5, would it be best for me to contact you after Valentine's Day?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #253
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Can you get bottles of liquor like Jack Daniels in them?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #254
cindy18
DIS Veteran

I had no problem getting wine and champagne. I would think hard liquor would be the same.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #255
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Any new pics lately???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: