Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #151
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Just got home from our 1 week DCL cruise and wanted to post that the roses lasted all week long! They were excellent quality and beautiful. Thanks, Perfect Gift!

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #152
DisneyDuo
A perplexed friend said to me, "You must fart Pixie Dust!"

Sorry I can't find the pictures, but Shirley did a great basket for DH on our 2005 cruise. He loves Goofy, so she did a large sand bucket with shovel, his name on it in Goofy stickers. Inside were a great orange mug, coffee, snacks, a Goofy watch, a Goofy T-shirt, and a few other goodies I can't remember right now. It was waiting in our room when we arrived, and boy was DH surprised! It was worth every penny!!!

Lin

DisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #153
auntsue
DIS Veteran

Oh my, these sound and look gorgeous! I am definitely going to have to get one for DH for our Feb. cruise. Do you think she can put in Macanudo cigars? (Those are the small ones in the tin.) And Godiva chocolate bars, and champagne, and Mickey champagne glasses? Wow, there's so many possibilities. Do you just give her a list of everything you want, and then she shops for it and puts it together? Throwing in water and soda sounds good too, because that way we won't have to carry it on. I, too, want to think this through before I call so I don't leave anything out. I am so excited about this because I just went on the DCL site the other day to look at their offerings, and nothing really appealed to me. Great timing to have found this thread. How much lead time does she need? Thanks.

auntsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #154
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

As promised, here are pics of the "baskets" we got in November. My DS isn't into pirates, so we got one with game paddles things and frisbee as well as chips and drinks. My DD got beach toys. They were even able to find a pink one for her! The kids really like the chips, since we really couldn't find chips (beyond regular Lay's onboard) and drinks (Gatorade & Capri Sun) because they really don't have those on board either. The folks at The Perfect Gift are really nice to work with. Thank you!

-Virginia
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 5/14, 12/14
mommyarewegoingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #155
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Just got home from our 1 week DCL cruise and wanted to post that the roses lasted all week long! They were excellent quality and beautiful. Thanks, Perfect Gift!
I am so glad that they held up as well as they did - the thing about the shop is that we do use high quality flowers regardless where they are going.
Hope your vacation cruise was a great one and come on down anytime.
Weather has been awesome
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
Always
Shirley
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DISWelcomeCenter

CLICK AT THE LINK FOR INFORMATION ON CAPE CANAVERAL AND COCOA BEACH THREAD.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK ON GIFT BASKETS BY SHIRLEY

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular laptops!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!
snelsonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #156
snelsonbrown
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend." R.L. Stevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
As promised, here are pics of the "baskets" we got in November. My DS isn't into pirates, so we got one with game paddles things and frisbee as well as chips and drinks. My DD got beach toys. They were even able to find a pink one for her! The kids really like the chips, since we really couldn't find chips (beyond regular Lay's onboard) and drinks (Gatorade & Capri Sun) because they really don't have those on board either. The folks at The Perfect Gift are really nice to work with. Thank you!
OMG the kids are adorable - your son has a grin that every child should have on their faces. Glad the kids had such a great time with their goodies and wish each of you a wonderful and blessed holiday.
Thank you for making it possible for the shop to stay open for without you, we couldn't have made it.
Thanks from my heart
Always
Shirley and Norm

Old 12-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #157
snelsonbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDuo View Post
Sorry I can't find the pictures, but Shirley did a great basket for DH on our 2005 cruise. He loves Goofy, so she did a large sand bucket with shovel, his name on it in Goofy stickers. Inside were a great orange mug, coffee, snacks, a Goofy watch, a Goofy T-shirt, and a few other goodies I can't remember right now. It was waiting in our room when we arrived, and boy was DH surprised! It was worth every penny!!!

Lin
Hello Lin,
Just wanted to say that this is one of a number unusual gift baskets I will never forget - it was so adorable, I wanted to keep it for myself -
Wish you would have had the pictures -
always
Shirley

Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #158
seashell724
DIS Veteran

Anyone else get a basket lately? We are going to be ordering in about a month and would love to see more!
seashell724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:25 AM   #159
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Melody made a fantastic basket for us for our Dwecember 5th cruise. We did get photos of it before we unpacked it and of all the loot after. I need to get DH to hepl me transfer the photos to the computer though--we have a new camera that I cannot yet operate well

I was stunned by how wodnerful it was. We moved to Germany last February and I wanted stuff for all of us that we cannot get here that we miss. Melody just had me list of all kinds of things and said she would see what she could get and it was chock full of pretty much EVERYTHING. She had rootbeer for DD, cream soda for DS, Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix for DH (which he was wishing for, not knowing about the basket, on the Wednesday before our Saturday departure--I called that late and she got that added in!!!!), york mints, Butterfingers, lots of Peanutbutter cups, whoppers, milk duds, cracker jacks and so many more goodies AND wine for DH and I in the cabin, a magazine surprise for me, frisbee for the beach, flashing pirate necklaces for the kids for pirate night, sodukos for the kids, etc. etc. We could not et over how great it was. We have a houseguest until Wednesday but I will try very hard to get photos up as soon as she leaves.

Shirley, please tell Melody we absolutely loved the bag

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:50 AM   #160
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy ºoº
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

Talking sorry - no pictures handy . . .

I have ordered from Shirley quite a few times over the years. I travel with a sister that needs her diet pepsi! Each time I have called, I simply talk to Shirley about some of Linda's likes and dislikes and discuss what my budget is - and each time (I believe she has made us a "basket" for each of our 4 cruises) her baskets have been wonderful!!

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #161
IceSk8ersMom
DIS Veteran

The baskets look wonderful. What type of items are in adult theme baskets? What type of items are in a basket for a teenager? Any pictures would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #162
seashell724
DIS Veteran

NHdisneylover, that sounds wonderful, I can't WAIT to see your pictures! That gives me more ideas!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #163
NHdisneylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSk8ersMom View Post
The baskets look wonderful. What type of items are in adult theme baskets? What type of items are in a basket for a teenager? Any pictures would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
I am working on getting photos up. In the meantime we had a mixed age basket. The adult things were;
wine, munchies, magazine . . .

Tween things (DD almost 13 and DS almost 11) were;
soda, munchies, flashing neckalces for pirtate night, frisbee, sodukos . . .

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #164
NHdisneylover

Sorry these pictures are really not very good. We only got one photo before the kids tore into the basket and my DS was acting crazy in it (pretending to eat the candy through the plastic). It was cuter than the blurry photo makes it appear;

Here you can see the bag and most of the contents. There were actually four kinds of each soda but the kids only put one of each in the photo and I think a box of candy was eaten by then as well:

Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #165
seashell724
DIS Veteran

I think those are great pictures! Thank you so much. I love the way you lined everything up to see!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: