Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Smile A MUCH needed trip...April 15-23, 2008...LOTS of pictures!! **UPDATED 7/27**

Pre-Trip Report Index:
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Food and Reservations
Part 3: Preliminary Itinerary
Part 4: What's New?
Part 5: Wants vs. Needs
Part 6: A change of plans for my Sister
Part 7: A hidden Mickey...On an Office Max truck??
Part 8: Baggallini!
Part 9: New Clothes!
Part 10: Better now, than 12 days from now.
Part 11: All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!!

Trip Report Index:
Day 1, Part 1: Getting there!
Day 1, Part 2: Epcot and San Angel Inn
Day 2, Part 1: Animal Kingdom
Day 2, Part 2: Coral Reef and Epcot
Day 3, Part 1: MGM, Lunch and Pool Time!
Day 3, Part 2: Magic Kingdom!
Day 4, Part 1: Checking out and MGM.
Day 4, Part 2: Our new room at BCV, the French Quarter hotel and the Boardwalk!
Day 5: Pool time and DTD with my Sis and her Family!
Day 6, Part 1: Animal Kingdom and Garden Grille.

Hello and welcome to my very first PTR & TR! Ok, so I’m a little intimidated by this site, so I will try my best. I (hope) I am fully prepared to be a slave to my computer during the next few months. Here it goes!!!!!

After 2 ½ years without a trip to DW, DH and I are VERY ready for this trip. I swear my husband is having Disney withdrawals! Ok, and maybe I am too a little. We will be leaving for our 8-day trip on Tuesday April 15th by plane and will be staying at the Boardwalk until Friday. From there we will be checking into the Beach Club Villas, where we will be meeting up and staying with with DH’s family…they will be arriving Friday evening. My sister and her family will also be arriving Friday, staying until Sunday morning, but they will be staying over at Coronado Springs. DH and I will be leaving on Wednesday April 23rd (but I don’t want to think about leaving just yet )

Just a little background of DH and I…We met in June 1997, just a week after graduating from high school. That summer was my first trip to DW with his family. (Well actually my 2nd trip, but I don’t remember much from my first trip when I was 8 years old.) Simply put, DH’s family is Disney obsessed. They reeled me in quickly and I’ve been on board ever since. In 2004 DH and I were married in DW. The ceremony was at the Wedding Pavilion, and the reception at the Beach Club. It was the best wedding ever!

Here are some pics of our 2004 wedding:

OK, so on to some introductions:

Me: I’m 28 years old. I love Disney World, Las Vegas and Country Music. I’ve been to Las Vegas 4 times and Disney 7 times. My favorite character is Goofy. I’ve recently become obsessed with this web site, and am looking forward to sharing our upcoming trip with you!

DH: He is 29 years old. He loves sports, TV, Disney, Las Vegas and hot weather. He has been going to DW almost every year since he was 3. He LOVES to plan our trips to DW and knows pretty much everything there is to know about it. His love for it really got me hooked on the “magic” of it all!

DDog: Her name is Jewel; she is a 2 year old standard poodle, and is the sweetest dog I’ve ever met. Unfortunately, she will not be going to Disney with us, but I just had to mention her since she is such a big part of our lives. We're already planning to get her plenty of fun souvenirs! (“Disney Tails” in DTD perhaps? )

My DH's Family:
MIL (Mother-in-Law): A proud DVC owner, she is always looking ahead to her next Disney trip. Although she can’t do a lot of the rides because of motion sickness, she still LOVES the DW atmosphere. She has loved Disney since the late 70’s.

FIL (Father-in-Law): Also a DVC owner with his DW, he is a go with the flow type of guy…his favorite thing to do is to sit back and listen to us plan it all. Of course he will chime-in once in awhile and let you know something specific that he would like to do too.

BIL (Brother-in-Law): He has also been going to Disney since he was little, but I don't think he truly loved DW until about 10 years ago.

SIL (Sister-in-Law): Like me, she really started to love Disney after meeting her DH. She is really looking forward to this trip, and has arranged some of the dinner reservations for us.

DN -Age 3 ½: (Dear Nephew) He absolutely loves King Kong and Godzilla and could give you any factual information you need about them. He is a very smart 3½ year old and already knows a lot about Disney as well. This will be his 3rd trip.

DN-Age 1: (Dear Nephew) This will be his first trip to DW. He is a sweet boy and should be a trouper!

My Family:
DS (Dear Sister): She has been to Disney a few times but really only goes when I'm there so she can meet up with me. We don't live near each other and don't see each other often, so it's a good place to meet up!

BIL: He just goes along for the ride...he enjoys spending time with his family in DW.

DNiece : She is 8 years old and really loved Disney when they visited last year. One of her favorite rides was Everest. Her favorite character is Tinkerbell, or "tinky" as she calls her.

DNephew: He is 5. He is not so much a fan of the scary rides, but overall had a good time on his last trip. His favorite character is Mickey Mouse.

This is the first time I have really been into the pre-planning of the trip. It's definitely a little more fun this way! In the past, DH and I would sort of wing it and decide what to do day to day when we get there. But with the dinner reservations having to be planned so far in advance now, we kind of have to plan around that!

Next up: Dinner reservations and preliminary itinerary........

Me DH DDog

'87-Poly; '97-BW; '98-Poly; '01-AKL&BW; '03-BW; '04-Our Wedding!-BCV; '05-BWV; '08-BCV & BW

Last edited by BeeBopp; 07-27-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Your wedding pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait to hear more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Wow I wish I got married at Disney world your pictures look amazing.

I'm here can't wait for your next post.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Yeaayyy, my very first readers!

Me DH DDog

'87-Poly; '97-BW; '98-Poly; '01-AKL&BW; '03-BW; '04-Our Wedding!-BCV; '05-BWV; '08-BCV & BW
Old 02-16-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Hey girl hope everything is well. Just waiting on the next post.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Smile Food and Reservations...

When we arrive in the great sunshine state, we will be renting a car that we will keep all week. From the airport, we will probably drive right to the grocery store (Gooding’s maybe?) and get some food for our room. We like to get breakfast foods (donuts, granola bars, cereal) and lunch foods (bread, PB&J, chips,) milk and water. Of course we will also be getting a variety of “adult beverages” (as DH calls them) for the week. We were thinking maybe some beers and some pre-mixed drinks. Hmmm, I’m wondering how big the fridge is in our room. I’ll have to ask DH. It will at least be a mini fridge I hope…

One thing that DH and I love to do when staying at either the BW or BC is bring an adult beverage with us when on our way, walking to either Epcot or MGM. We put our drinks in a keg cup and of course finish and throw them out before entering the park. It really makes the walk so much better! Neither of us are ever sure if this is actually legal to do…and I tried looking it up and couldn’t find anything…hmmmmm…anyone know?

Ok, so a few weeks ago DH asked me to start thinking about where I might want to go to eat. Right away I had a place in mind, it's called Boma-Flavors of Africa (at AKL). They have a variety of foods to choose from, sort of like a buffet. We had been there years back, and I do remember loving it! So I said to DH, how about Boma? Right away he says "Hmm, not my favorite...I didn't really like that place. Why don't you look online for a place that we haven't been to before?"

...So the next day at work I checked out some web sites. I found a place called "Bluezoo" in the Dolphin Resort. I thought it would be just perfect b/c it sort of had a "Vegas" look to it and I thought, we both love Vegas, so he'll love it right? Wrong. He again said, "Hmm, I don't know. We will be in Disney, not Vegas. I like to keep them separate. I like to do Disney type things in Disney. I just wouldn't feel right going to that place."

Ok, Ok, so he had a valid point. We weren't going to Bluezoo. I hate it when DH has good points!

Well, this is what we came up with...A pretty good variety I think!

Tuesday April 15th: San Angel Inn (Mexico-Epcot) Dinner 6:00pm
Wednesday 16th: Coral Reef (Epcot) late lunch 2:50pm
Thursday 17th: Breakfast Kona Café (Polynesian) 7:30am
Friday 18th: Dinner somewhere on the Boardwalk (ESPN maybe?) They are “walk up” seating only.
Saturday 19th:?
Sunday 20th: Garden Grill (The Land-Epcot) late lunch 2:40pm
Monday 21st: Mama Melrose late lunch (MGM) 3pm
Tuesday 22nd: Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom character breakfast) 8:25am

While making the food reservations, I noticed that the woman helping me over the phone had a nice little touch. When she confirmed the spelling of my name, she used character names…for example, D as in Donald, B as in Belle, E as in Epcot, etc. How cute! Now these are the types of things that makes Disney different from the rest

Up next...Preliminary itinerary and "what's new since we've been there last?"

Me DH DDog

Last edited by BeeBopp; 02-16-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBopp View Post
When we arrive in the great sunshine state, we will be renting a car that we will keep all week. From the airport, we will probably drive right to the grocery store (Gooding’s maybe?) and get some food for our room. We like to get breakfast foods (donuts, granola bars, cereal) and lunch foods (bread, PB&J, chips,) milk and water. Of course we will also be getting a variety of “adult beverages” (as DH calls them) for the week. We were thinking maybe some beers and some pre-mixed drinks. Hmmm, I’m wondering how big the fridge is in our room. I’ll have to ask DH. It will at least be a mini fridge I hope…

One thing that DH and I love to do when staying at either the BW or BC is bring an adult beverage with us when on our way, walking to either Epcot or MGM. We put our drinks in a keg cup and of course finish and throw them out before entering the park. It really makes the walk so much better! Neither of us are ever sure if this is actually legal to do…and I tried looking it up and couldn’t find anything…hmmmmm…anyone know?

Ok, so a few weeks ago DH asked me to start thinking about where I might want to go to eat. Right away I had a place in mind, it's called Boma-Flavors of Africa (at AKL). They have a variety of foods to choose from, sort of like a buffet. We had been there years back, and I do remember loving it! So I said to DH, how about Boma? Right away he says "Hmm, not my favorite...I didn't really like that place. Why don't you look online for a place that we haven't been to before?"

...So the next day at work I checked out some web sites. I found a place called "Bluezoo" in the Dolphin Resort. I thought it would be just perfect b/c it sort of had a "Vegas" look to it and I thought, we both love Vegas, so he'll love it right? Wrong. He again said, "Hmm, I don't know. We will be in Disney, not Vegas. I like to keep them separate. I like to do Disney type things in Disney. I just wouldn't feel right going to that place."

Ok, Ok, so he had a valid point. We weren't going to Bluezoo. I hate it when DH has good points!

Well, this is what we came up with...A pretty good variety I think!

Tuesday April 15th: San Angel Inn (Mexico-Epcot) Dinner 6:00pm
Wednesday 16th: Coral Reef (Epcot) late lunch 2:50pm
Thursday 17th: Breakfast Kona Café (Polynesian) 7:30am
Friday 18th: Dinner somewhere on the Boardwalk (ESPN maybe?) They are “walk up” seating only.
Saturday 19th:?
Sunday 20th: Garden Grill (The Land-Epcot) late lunch 2:40pm
Monday 21st: Mama Melrose late lunch (MGM) 3pm
Tuesday 22nd: Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom character breakfast) 8:25am

While making the food reservations, I noticed that the woman helping me over the phone had a nice little touch. When she confirmed the spelling of my name, she used character names…for example, D as in Donald, B as in Belle, E as in Epcot, etc. How cute! Now these are the types of things that makes Disney different from the rest

Up next...Preliminary itinerary and "what's new since we've been there last?"

Sounds good

Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
AshleyMWC
DIS Veteran

I just popped over to say hi, since you have been so gracious to read my TR. Your trip sounds great, and I glad that you have early bfast ressies at CP, that place is great!! I can't wait to hear more!!!

Mommy and Daddy only trip March 13-18
Old 02-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

What gorgeous wedding pictures, thanks for sharing! We'll be eating at a few of the same places you have listed on our trip, as well as Boma. I hope we like it more than your DH.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #10
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMWC View Post
I just popped over to say hi, since you have been so gracious to read my TR. Your trip sounds great, and I glad that you have early bfast ressies at CP, that place is great!! I can't wait to hear more!!!
Thanks for stopping in! I've never been to CP before, so I am really looking forward to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
What gorgeous wedding pictures, thanks for sharing! We'll be eating at a few of the same places you have listed on our trip, as well as Boma. I hope we like it more than your DH.
Oh I'm sure you'll love Boma DH is a bit of a picky eater!

Me DH DDog

Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

I have a whole family of picky eaters. That's why I'm worried about Boma.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #12
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have a whole family of picky eaters. That's why I'm worried about Boma.
Well, at least it's a buffet, so there is a lot to choose from. I thought it was great, I'm sure your family will do OK with it. I would keep the reservation

Me DH DDog

Old 02-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #13
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Preliminary Itinerary

DH and I will probably closely plan the first few days of our trip. We are always anxious to see all the new attractions and hit all the parks ASAP! After that, we will probably play it by ear and work around our ADR’s and go with what everyone else wants to do. This is what we had in mind for our first few days…

Tuesday 15th: If everything is on time (flight, etc.), we should arrive at the BW at approx. 2pm, check-in and get settled. After unpacking our bags, let the party begin! We’ll head straight to Epcot and probably try to check out the new Nemo ride and the new and improved Spaceship Earth refurb. Then, we have dinner reservations at 6pm at San Angel Inn. Margarita please…on the rocks w/salt!

Wednesday 16th: We were thinking of heading into the Animal Kingdom first thing in the morning for our first ride on Everest! This isn’t DH’s ideal park to go to on our first morning, but with Everest now open, maybe it will be worth it. After resting back at the hotel (or pool), we have reservations at Coral Reef at 2:50pm. We’ll probably finish the night off at Epcot, or maybe leave and walk over to MGM.

Thursday 17th: Breakfast reservations at Kona Café (Poly) at 7:30am. (Yikes, that's kind of early ) But that's OK, we're on vacation! We will probably then head over to the MK. It’s morning extra magic hour that morning at 8am, but we probably won’t make it there until 9am anyway. Not sure about the afternoon/evening yet. Maybe MGM again or some pool time.

Friday 18th: We will be checking out of the Boardwalk and checking into the BCV this morning. Hopefully we can get checked into a room earlier than the normal time. My sister will be arriving today at around 3pm; they are staying at CS until Sunday. DH’s family will also arrive this evening; they are staying with us at BCV. Not sure what we will be doing today as far as parks, it all depends on how smoothly the check-out/check-in process goes!

Saturday 19th: DH will probably head into a park with his fam, and I might hang with my sister. Maybe some pool time over at CS, or they’ll come over to our pool at BCV. My sister is not planning on going to any parks, so it’s going to be tricky working around that. Maybe everyone can meet up on the Boardwalk tonight. Eat at ESPN maybe?

I think the next three days will depend on DNephew’s moods and sleep schedules. DH and I are easy and can come and go whenever they are ready! I am so excited to go to the parks with my Nephews.

Here is what we have scheduled for eats…

Sunday 20th: Garden Grill 2:40pm
Monday 21st: Mama Melrose 3pm
Tuesday 22nd: Crystal Palace 8:25am

Wow, all this planning is making me want to go NOW! Only 2 more months...I know it will go by fast.

I leave you with some photos from our March 2003 trip...

And a cute picture of my dog, longingly admiring the winner of the Westminster Dog Show. (Yes she watches TV, ESPECIALLY dog shows...)

Up next..."what's new since we've last been there!"

Me DH DDog

Old 02-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #14
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBopp View Post
Hey look you coordinate! I would let you travel with us.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #15
BeeBopp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey look you coordinate! I would let you travel with us.
Hahaha, I didn't even notice, but I can't count how many times that has happened with us! Usually it's DH that has to change his clothes. I always claim..."I got dressed first!!!"

Me DH DDog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: