Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #556
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandisuze View Post
I would rather be labeled crazy poster who answers her own questions
When I caught talking to myself my boss says at least I am having a good conversation
thread killer has such an impact on your permanant record

This thread must never die!

I need help I am addicted to these budget boards and the DIS.... and smilies...

today is a day i want to hide under my desk and lock the doors and throw things at people-
thank you all for making me smile while at lunch!

Throw away, just duck when they start throwing back
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #557
Tinker'n'Fun

Okay back to page 4..... So here is a budget question, I am still on the fence about getting non-expiring tickets... So about 450.00 for 10 day hopper per person. I think I can budget it... But I am still so leary. Well one per month starting in June, July, August and Sept which is our travel month. Cutting it to the wire.... Oh the decisions...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #558
MNFootballMommy
When did MY era become a dress up day for school?
I WILL be back! I can't abandon my friends
I secretly LOVE sparkly dryer lint
I've seen it happen and it made me giggle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Okay back to page 4..... So here is a budget question, I am still on the fence about getting non-expiring tickets... So about 450.00 for 10 day hopper per person. I think I can budget it... But I am still so leary. Well one per month starting in June, July, August and Sept which is our travel month. Cutting it to the wire.... Oh the decisions...
Tink, when do you think you would go back? See, I had a day left on our tickets from Dec. and did NOT get the non-expiring, simply because I thought it would be such a pain to hold on to those tickets with one day when I had no idea when they would be used again. Here I am, five months later buying ONE DAY tickets!! So, if you are planning on going back again soon (and knowing that there will probably be a price increase again soon), then it is probably worth it. Seems like you tend to go a lot, so...

Sorry I haven't been pulling my weight here. Busy on Friday with new window installation and the weekends are ALWAYS busy. I will try to do better...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #559
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFootballMommy View Post
Tink, when do you think you would go back? See, I had a day left on our tickets from Dec. and did NOT get the non-expiring, simply because I thought it would be such a pain to hold on to those tickets with one day when I had no idea when they would be used again. Here I am, five months later buying ONE DAY tickets!! So, if you are planning on going back again soon (and knowing that there will probably be a price increase again soon), then it is probably worth it. Seems like you tend to go a lot, so...

Sorry I haven't been pulling my weight here. Busy on Friday with new window installation and the weekends are ALWAYS busy. I will try to do better...

we will definetely go back just not sure when. DD will be starting Junior year when we go in September and DS 8th. grade. So the following year would be her senior year and his freshman year in HS. That bill will be approximately 1/2 of what I paid for my house??? So I am pretty sure we won't be going then. But I can see of going after that. But maybe not with the kids? So I am still trying to figure this out....
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #560
MNFootballMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
we will definetely go back just not sure when. DD will be starting Junior year when we go in September and DS 8th. grade. So the following year would be her senior year and his freshman year in HS. That bill will be approximately 1/2 of what I paid for my house??? So I am pretty sure we won't be going then. But I can see of going after that. But maybe not with the kids? So I am still trying to figure this out....
So, what have you decided Tink? Expiring or Non-expiring?

No movement on our Orlando trip this week. Our cruise is quickly approaching, so I am focused on that right now. Of course, many of the things I need for it will also be used in Orlando. Swimsuits, etc. Found a cute rashguard suit for DD at Carter's for $15, but now wish I had picked up two...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #561
holly7347
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyopenny View Post

I thought it was just me!
Oh, and forget starting my own...
Oh yeah that is me. I ask a question and I'm lucky to get 1 response. Then A week later I'll see someone ask the same question and get 2 pages or responses And I have been known to be the last to post to a thread. I guess that makes me a killer too
Old 05-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #562
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly7347 View Post
Oh yeah that is me. I ask a question and I'm lucky to get 1 response. Then A week later I'll see someone ask the same question and get 2 pages or responses And I have been known to be the last to post to a thread. I guess that makes me a killer too
Sorry not here holly7347 we unite to stop the useless killing of threads...
Old 05-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #563
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFootballMommy View Post
So, what have you decided Tink? Expiring or Non-expiring?

No movement on our Orlando trip this week. Our cruise is quickly approaching, so I am focused on that right now. Of course, many of the things I need for it will also be used in Orlando. Swimsuits, etc. Found a cute rashguard suit for DD at Carter's for $15, but now wish I had picked up two...

In my hearts of hearts I know that I should do the non-expiring. I am going to budget this week. I am going to try to rob 'peter to pay paul'. I hope it works... I even considered a small advance, but I know that doesn't make sense...

Wish me budgeting luck... I start my bills on the 28th of each month and have them paid by the 5th. So I will know then.
t
Old 05-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #564
MNFootballMommy

Budgeting Luck to you, Tink!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #565
Tinker'n'Fun

I almost had a mini-breakdown today. Filled the gas tank...$3.95 a gallon - $60.00 for the tank.. Now I didn't ever think that it would be like that. And I had to use the car today and drop DH off at work. I have been really sick... So on top of filling it up, I had to use the gas. And gas was up to $4.10 a gallon when I picked him up - at the same gas station? Tomorrow I have to do the same cause I have to go back to the dr's. Say a prayer that I don't have to get any more prescriptions, they are sooooo expensive. I am greatful that I don't have to be in the hospital.... So I am trying not to complain, but I hate getting excited then everything going down hill. The best thing though is worse case scenario, we go with the original plan of 7 day non-hopper. I have that budgeted and the money hidden....
Old 05-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #566
MNFootballMommy

Well, Tink, it is always better to keep the expectations lower and then be pleasantly surprised if things turn out better. I know that is difficult to do, especially with Disney, but think about how many people can't go on vacation at all, much less to Disney. If DH wasn't having that conference in Orlando this Sept., we wouldn't be going back again so soon. It was just luck, I guess!

Hope everyone is out enjoying the holiday. Remember those who fought so that we can have our freedoms.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #567
Tinker'n'Fun

God Bless all the soldiers, their famililies, and all who volunteer their time/efforts for our country!!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #568
MNFootballMommy

So, back at it today. I really need to save money for our THREE vacays this summer, so I decided to avoid the grocery store today. Oh, I NEED to go, I just don't want to, so I am using budgeting as an excuse!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #569
Tinker'n'Fun

I like that excuse... I was wondering how long we could live off my freebie samples..

Well I have a huge pile of baby items, diapers coupons etc since for some reason the baby companies think I must be a bunny..... Before I give them away, can anyone here use them??
Old 05-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #570
MNFootballMommy

No thanks...Hopefully, we are done with the 'baby' thing here. We just took the final baby gate down this weekend (it was at the top of the stairs) and got all of the baby stuff out except for the diapers. DD does NOT want to go on the big girl potty AT ALL.

Geez, think about how much money I would save if I could stop buying diapers and wipes... Well, actually, the wipes are pretty handy to keep around, but I don't think I would go through them as fast as I do now...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: