Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Target Disney Gift Cards/Annual Passes

Leaving for WDW in 2 days! Guess I am getting cold feet. I have been purchasing a few of the Target Disney gift cards w the Red Card here and there for our upcoming trip.

We plan to upgrade our 5 days park hopper passes to Annual Passes. I am planning to go to Target to purchase the rest of the gift cards needed. No problem using Target Disney Gift cards at Guest relations to upgrade our tickets, correct? Guest relations will accept 23 gift cards?? 5% savings is $60. Not a lot, but every little bit helps!

I also want to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card for $100. I assume I can use the gift cards to purchase at guest relations too?

Anyone know what the max limit on the debit card is? I have had the card for more than a year but do not usually spend much at Target.
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
disneylover23
Earning My Ears

Hi I can't answer about the target card limit however I do know that you can use the many gift cards at guest relations to upgrade to your AP and purchase TIW card! We did the exact same thing ! It does take some time esp if you have all $25 cards like we did lol so prepare to be patient
disneylover23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

We did it last year with about 10 cards with no problem.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
My3Princez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew
Leaving for WDW in 2 days! Guess I am getting cold feet. I have been purchasing a few of the Target Disney gift cards w the Red Card here and there for our upcoming trip.

We plan to upgrade our 5 days park hopper passes to Annual Passes. I am planning to go to Target to purchase the rest of the gift cards needed. No problem using Target Disney Gift cards at Guest relations to upgrade our tickets, correct? Guest relations will accept 23 gift cards?? 5% savings is $60. Not a lot, but every little bit helps!

I also want to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card for $100. I assume I can use the gift cards to purchase at guest relations too?

Anyone know what the max limit on the debit card is? I have had the card for more than a year but do not usually spend much at Target.
As far as your limit goes, it varies from person to person. Seems to be based on some combination of how long you've had your card, how often you use it and how much you spend. Don't really know until you try.
My3Princez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Error on the side of caution. I wouldn't purchase over $1000 in a single transaction. We had a 2-hour ordeal when buying over $3k at once...it all worked out, but it would have been much quicker if we'd just split the transaction into a few from the start. (I've purchased $1k before with no problems).

And anything you are paying to WDW (in person or on phone) should be fine to use the WDW gift cards for. We pay for our entire trip (resort, tickets, food, etc.) with them.
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: