Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
bear74
DIS Veteran

The DDA Trouble Free Zone - Part 32

Chanon and Janet who did you order your water thru
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
bear74
DIS Veteran

If any one goe to a toys r us soon can you check their clearance and see if they have a 9 or 12 month winnie the pooh swimsuit clearanced. ours only had 6 month its about $5 or less I will pay you for shipping as well as the suit.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Finally everyone but me is in bed around 6 PM Nick started feeling much better and found some soft things to eat. He is doing really well. I'm so proud of him. Colby is about the same, still has a head to to rash, but it isn't nearly as red and he isn't complaining quite so much. I hope to see a lot of difference by morning

Hunter and Chris went snowboarding. They were both exhausted when they got home. Apparently Chris thinks he fell more than Hunter and says that I won't want to ski with him as he won't be able to keep up with me Well Duh. I've been skiing since I was 6 and he has only snowboarded a handful of times.

I started putting together my cards for the kidcot passport. I think I managed to make about 1/2 of them. I'm using a photo of the country, flag or pavilion as a background with the Mickey Head Country flag and Mickey in costume from the country. Pretty simple, but I'm really only looking for the stamp and the dangly things. The is plenty of room should the CM choose to write a message.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

As you may recall we have been watching Mortgage rates for months. They have slowly dropped below 6% and today the 20 year rate dropped to 5.2%. That is almost a 1/2% drop. I KNOW that we need to refinance, but I'm wondering if rates will continue to drop or if we should jump on that rate? We should be able to cut a couple of years off our mortgage and keep the same payment if not lower. Thinking...thinking...thinking.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
As you may recall we have been watching Mortgage rates for months. They have slowly dropped below 6% and today the 20 year rate dropped to 5.2%. That is almost a 1/2% drop. I KNOW that we need to refinance, but I'm wondering if rates will continue to drop or if we should jump on that rate? We should be able to cut a couple of years off our mortgage and keep the same payment if not lower. Thinking...thinking...thinking.
wow that is low good luck on your decision
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Hmmm, I really like them both! Go with the 1st one if you are wanting something a little different, the 2cd one for something more traditional to tie in with a wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
OK...so I've narrowed it down to two luggage tags. These are going to be half of our favors, and I can't decide between the two.
We actually have two favors we are giving out (one related to him, this one related to me) and we are just going to put them at every other seat. No special treatment for guys/girls because we don't know who's coming. So now I have to pick between the two of these.
http://www.favorwarehouse.com/favors/d4236.html
http://www.favorwarehouse.com/favors/d4235.html
Which would you prefer??

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
tinknme

B side, bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkaroo View Post

We will be flying Southwest. I think they come in/out of Terminal A. I've never flow Airtran, so I don't know what terminal they fly into at MCO - do you?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
Tinkaroo
DIS Veteran

Gosh, the DIS is driving me batty! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having problems with it!

Glad to see you, Debbie, and I hope you get used to your new meds soon. My FIL has type II diabetes, and he's had pretty good success in controlling it with diet. We're here for you!

Elizabeth - glad to hear DH has come to his senses, and has decided he can be a big boy and fly by himself. Sorry the car financing continues to be a pain. Tell DS he doesn't want to end up with a hunchback - use his locker!!!

Jennifer - I've used National, Alamo, and Avis in Orlando - I like all of them because they're on airport property - you can just walk out to the cars, no need to wait for a shuttle. I'm a frequent renter with all of them, and in most instances I can go to a shorter line, or just straight out to the cars with National (to join these frequent renter programs is free). My fave is National because they're the easiest, and I get to pick my car. We've been able to drive some really nice, spacious cars (usually either premium sedans, convertibles, or mid-size SUV's) for the price of renting a mid-size car on the Emerald Aisle. I suggest what Bernadette did - go to Mousesavers, and just start playing with the codes.

Deb - I'm by no means a mortgage consultant, but one of my attorneys, whose father has been in the mortgage business for years says that now is a good time to make a move if you've been waiting. He said these are some of the best rates he's seen in a couple of years, and it's likely not to get much better. As it is, the move the Fed made yesterday to drop that one key interest rate was a bit of a surprise to a lot of people - I forget the exact # of years, but it had been quite a length of time since that particular rate had been lowered, per the news. Good luck! Glad to hear Colby and Nick are doing better.

Well, I am freezing, and think I may head to bed. We're now under a Winter Storm Watch for early Friday a.m./through the day. Looks like sleet and freezing rain is heading our way, just in time for rush hour. Joy!

Goodnight, DDA! Sweet Disney dreams!

Dreaming of Disney...

Many family trips to see the Mouse!
1980, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, DL 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1997, 2000
My "grown-up" trips!
8/01 - CBR; 5/03 - Swan; 4/05 - Pop & AKL; 8/05 - GF; 10/05 - POFQ; 11-12/05 - WL & BWI; 1/06 – DL DLH; 1/06 - AKL; 3/06 - SSR & Poly; 8/06 - BC; 12/06 - SSR; 3/07 - AKL; 9/07 - YC; 10/07 - Pop;
11-12/07 – DCL Wonder, GF RPC, & SSR; 5/08 - ASMu & GF; 9/08 – DCL Wonder & Swan; 10-11/08 – DL GCH; 12/08 - AKV-Jambo & GF RPC; 1/09 - CBR; 5/09 - ASSp & CR; 8/10 - VB & AKV-Kidani; 12/10 – AKV-Jambo; 2/11 –MVC offsite & DCL Dream; 5/11 – Pop; 8/11 – VB & Wyndham Bonnet Creek; 12/11 – Pop & BLT; 3/12 – HHI; 9/12 – DL offsite (FFI); 10/12 – POR; 12/12 – OKW; 3/13 – HHI

Tinkaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 PM   #9
tinknme

For the Oct. trip I ordered water from Staples, they had free shipping. For our Dec. trip I ordered water & other items through Garden Grocer. They have a $40 minimum order & a $12 delivery fee. I was very pleased with their service & will use them again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
Chanon and Janet who did you order your water thru

Old 01-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #10
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Good evening everyone! I read off and on, but I don't seem to remember much. Lots of to all of the ailing DDA and kidlets. Hopefully everyone will be up and kicking soon.

Since I had to drag Terra out of bed this morning to drive people to work, I treated her to breakfast. Since her choice of Chick-fil-A didn't open quite as early as I thought, we also did some mall walking. Apparently, they have an organized group there and when your card is all filled out you get a gift card from various mall retailers...currently Hallmark. So, we joined. We may not make it out there often, but it was free and worth a try.

After that, I spent 2 hours working in the basement (thanks for the inspiration to tackle the mess, Vicki!). I made it through one small corner in that time. It is unbelievable down there so this will be a long time working. I'll post pics sometime.

Otherwise, I just spent the evening forgetting my brain. I got a call from Target about our automatic refill and went to pick it up tonight, only to have Phil remind me that he quit taking those meds two weeks ago So, now I have a whole bottle of Celexa running around here. Luckily, thanks to Target's generics program, I'm only out $6. But man, that's two whole Mickey bars!!

And apparently, I'm getting rambly now so I guess I should be headed to bed. Good night all!!!

tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:49 PM   #11
tmfranlk

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Oh yeah, and Chanon, I like the plane one.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #12
tmfranlk

So Phil and I got a chance to talk things out tonight and I think that he will come to WDW for half of the trip. Working around work schedules, etc he'll probably fly down late on Friday and home on Tuesday night. The goal will be for Terra to show him all of her favorites. What I can't decide is when to have him come.

Currently we're travelling Sun-Mon. If we shift to stay until Tuesday then Terra and I would have the first half of the week on our own and Phil would be there the last half. We'd then fly home together.

We could also switch to arriving on Friday and have Phil fly down with us, then leave Terra and I to stay the rest of the week on our own.

On the one hand I can see the excitement of having him start out with us and arriving together. Plus, we'd have the rest of the week to do anything we missed.

On the other hand, I can see the benefit of having the first half of the week for Terra to do a lot of stuff. The hope being that then she wouldn't want to cram so much in to "show her dad".

I'd love any insights!

I was also considering forgoing the park hoppers this time, but in the message I typed and lost moments ago, I think that I talked myself out of that idea.

Thanks all!!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #13
tmfranlk

Alrighty then, I'm going to head to bed. I'll be on in the morning unless I hear from Wendy and we head out to meet them tomorrow. Hopefully Michael is feeling up for company soon. He's been pretty uncomfortable lately I guess.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #14
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfranlk View Post
So Phil and I got a chance to talk things out tonight and I think that he will come to WDW for half of the trip. Working around work schedules, etc he'll probably fly down late on Friday and home on Tuesday night. The goal will be for Terra to show him all of her favorites. What I can't decide is when to have him come.

Currently we're travelling Sun-Mon. If we shift to stay until Tuesday then Terra and I would have the first half of the week on our own and Phil would be there the last half. We'd then fly home together.

We could also switch to arriving on Friday and have Phil fly down with us, then leave Terra and I to stay the rest of the week on our own.

On the one hand I can see the excitement of having him start out with us and arriving together. Plus, we'd have the rest of the week to do anything we missed.

On the other hand, I can see the benefit of having the first half of the week for Terra to do a lot of stuff. The hope being that then she wouldn't want to cram so much in to "show her dad".

I'd love any insights!

I was also considering forgoing the park hoppers this time, but in the message I typed and lost moments ago, I think that I talked myself out of that idea.

Thanks all!!
When Bob and I took our California trip last summer Bob's comment was that he didn't want to fly home by himself. He would rather not come home to an empty house when the option of us returning together was available. So, you might want to talk to Phil about that aspect of it.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 AM   #15
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson