Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #1456
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyNutz View Post
I have never been to WL although DH wants to go there someday. This picture is amazing. I feel like I could be standing there!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #1457
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
I have never been to WL although DH wants to go there someday. This picture is amazing. I feel like I could be standing there!
Thank you for the compliment. My goal is for everyone to see it Just as I saw it. Now I have to learn to use the photo editing software to produce a photo as I took it, and I often come up short with the color, etc. Now if I could only figure out how to attach the sounds of the waterfall and the crickets chirping softly in the background.

[Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."
-St. Augustine]

Last edited by DizneyNutz; 08-18-2009 at 08:04 PM.
DizneyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #1458
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Another one people liked

and the boat dock

The WL Lodge

[Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."
-St. Augustine]

Last edited by DizneyNutz; 08-23-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #1459
topdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is an awesome picture. I love the detail on the bear face windows. Did you ran the picture through some kind of filter?? It had that high dynamic range look.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #1460
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
This is an awesome picture. I love the detail on the bear face windows. Did you ran the picture through some kind of filter?? It had that high dynamic range look.
Thanks TopDog. It was a Canon RAW file photo and I just used PSE 7 to process it. I am not very knowledgeable about processing them, and sometimes go a little heavy, but I tend to like the heavy contrast. It is funny that you mentioned the detail in my photo, because that is what I always love about your photos. I figured you may be using L-Glass lenses. I just got a new lens for our next trip. 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM. I am excited about trying it out.

-St. Augustine]

Last edited by DizneyNutz; 08-19-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #1461
happygirlagain
Mouseketeer

Quote:

and the boat dock

The WL Lodge
oh my gosh - the photo from the other side of the lodge Your photos are making me so fall more and more in love with this place. I have 93 days left and your photos are making it so hard and so easy to wait. They are spectacular!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you

AKV-Kidani/VWL-Thanksgiving 2011,
Cleaning the Gulf - Summer '10, ASMu(family suite)-Thanksgiving '09, Seawold, Aquatica and Busch Gardens-5/08, US/IoA-5/07, AKL(Savanah view)-Thanksgiving '05

happygirlagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #1462
happygirlagain
Mouseketeer

DizneyNutz - i forgot to ask what camera did you use for the photos? I am going back thru all the pages again - I start at the back every day at work and at night go back thru the front again (love all the photos) and I don't remember if you had said what type of camera you used. I saw a post about the Canon Raw file - again pictures are amazing. I will be upgrading my camera before November (early Anniversary present to myself). Thanks so much for posting your wonderful pictures.

AKV-Kidani/VWL-Thanksgiving 2011,
Cleaning the Gulf - Summer '10, ASMu(family suite)-Thanksgiving '09, Seawold, Aquatica and Busch Gardens-5/08, US/IoA-5/07, AKL(Savanah view)-Thanksgiving '05

happygirlagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #1463
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirlagain View Post
DizneyNutz - i forgot to ask what camera did you use for the photos? I am going back thru all the pages again - I start at the back every day at work and at night go back thru the front again (love all the photos) and I don't remember if you had said what type of camera you used. I saw a post about the Canon Raw file - again pictures are amazing. I will be upgrading my camera before November (early Anniversary present to myself). Thanks so much for posting your wonderful pictures.
Thanks for your compliments. I have the Canon Rebel xti. It is already an old model because they have already introduced the next model. It is a mid range camera (not your typical put it in your pocket camera, but also not up to the more professional level of digital DSLR cameras). It can do way more than my photographic abilities call for however, so I will continue using it. If you do not, envision yourself carrying around a full size camera every where you go, then I would not reccommend it. If you are getting into hobby level photography however, I love mine. DW says she don't know how I can stand to carry all that weight around everywhere we go at Disney, but I enjoy the end results.

-St. Augustine]

Last edited by DizneyNutz; 08-19-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #1464
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Since everyone seems to like the back photos

-St. Augustine]
Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #1465
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

DisneyNutz I love the way you captured the water in the picture. Really neat to look at.

I've been Boo'd! Thank you suprgrlx! And agnes!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!
GoofyFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #1466
disneymami
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

DizneyNutz - Your photos are inspiring. I'm taking my Nikon D40. What shutter speed did you use to captur the movement of the water? Did you use the camera setting or did you use your own aperture and shutter speeds? Is shooting in RAW better than JPEG? Thanks for the tips. I arrive Friday.

1977 - first trip to the world with my parents and brother - MK - (the seed is planted)
1985 - college spring break with friends - MK (the seed starts to take root)
1992 - drove from NY with boyfriend now DH - MK & EPCOT (the obsession is growing)
2009 - first trip with my twin girls - WL resort; MK & EPCOT (completely incurable disney fanatic)
disneymami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #1467
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFairie View Post
DisneyNutz I love the way you captured the water in the picture. Really neat to look at.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymami View Post
DizneyNutz - Your photos are inspiring. I'm taking my Nikon D40. What shutter speed did you use to captur the movement of the water? Did you use the camera setting or did you use your own aperture and shutter speeds? Is shooting in RAW better than JPEG? Thanks for the tips. I arrive Friday.
They were both shot using the following settings. Aperature f/5.6, Shutter 4 Sec., ISO 400 and focal length 28mm. As far as RAW vs JPEG I ALWAYS prefer RAW because it is not a Lossy format to image storage, meaning the camera stores the photo as it was taken and you can adjust it later at home with your photo imaging software if needed.

-St. Augustine]

Last edited by DizneyNutz; 08-20-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #1468
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

What we ALL love the WL Lobby

-St. Augustine]
Old 08-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #1469
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Just Bumping

-St. Augustine]

Last edited by DizneyNutz; 08-22-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #1470
ccigliano
DVC Member WLV

DisneyNutz - Love your pictures, especially since WL is my favorite. I sold my OKW points to buy at VWL in 2006 and haven't regretted it one minute. I still like OKW, I just the WL.
Thanks.
Off Site Dec 97 ~ CSR Dec 98 ~ OKW Dec 99 ~ OKW Dec 00 ~ WLV Dec 01 ~ WLV Mar 02 ~ WLV Dec 02 ~ WLV Dec 03 ~ WLV Nov 04 ~ WLV Feb 05 ~ SSR/WLV Dec 05 ~ WLV May 06 ~ WLV Nov 06 ~ WLV Dec07 ~ SSR Apr 08 ~ OKW Sep 08 ~ WLV Nov/Dec 08 ~ WLV Dec 09 ~ AKV KSV Feb 10 ~ BLT LV May 10 ~ SSR Sep 10 ~ WLV Nov 10 ~ SSR Jan11 ~ WLV/BCV Mar 11~Dream/WLV Dec 11~WLV Feb 12~Grand Floridian/WLV Dec12~WLV Jan13~WLV Mar 13~WLV Dec 13~GCV Jan 14~VBV/AKV Aug 14~WLV Dec14

ccigliano is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: