Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #1396
wdwmike59
Endlessly planning, just in case....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBeachGuy View Post
Great pictures. I couldn't help but make a panorama from the ones that were in line and possible to line up. The one that displays below is smaller than the full size of course.

Wow, that's awesome VaBeachGuy. I have no photoshop skills at all so that is amazing to me. Great job!
Aug 2004 AllStar Music Xmas 2004 Pop Century
July 2005 Wilderness Lodge/Pop Century Aug 2007 Poly (upgraded to Concierge!)
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge CL July 2011 POFQ
Aug 2012 POFQ Aug 2013 AllStar Music switch to POFQ
wdwmike59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #1397
VaBeachGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmike59 View Post
Wow, that's awesome VaBeachGuy. I have no photoshop skills at all so that is amazing to me. Great job!
Thanks, I have a lot of fun doing it. Photoshop does have a panorama option but I used a program called PTGui. You just load the pictures and if they're in line with eachother it'll automatically make the panorama for you. In some cases if one photo is off a little and the software can't quite work it out you might have to go in and set control points to tell the software where identical points are in the 2 pictures, then it takes those control points and can line it up.

Sometimes it works out perfectly, sometimes it gives you some odd pictures lol.

Be warned though, it can be addicting lol. When I first got the software I was taking pictures of anything in my view just to play with the software. I even went so far one time as to make a full 360 degree panorama of my back yard that you can move the picture around and look all around the whole yard.

The key is to take pictures with panoramas in mind so that the images will fit together properly.
VaBeachGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #1398
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBeachGuy View Post
Thanks, I have a lot of fun doing it. Photoshop does have a panorama option but I used a program called PTGui. You just load the pictures and if they're in line with eachother it'll automatically make the panorama for you. In some cases if one photo is off a little and the software can't quite work it out you might have to go in and set control points to tell the software where identical points are in the 2 pictures, then it takes those control points and can line it up.

Sometimes it works out perfectly, sometimes it gives you some odd pictures lol.

Be warned though, it can be addicting lol. When I first got the software I was taking pictures of anything in my view just to play with the software. I even went so far one time as to make a full 360 degree panorama of my back yard that you can move the picture around and look all around the whole yard.

The key is to take pictures with panoramas in mind so that the images will fit together properly.
That's realy cool!
We are going in Dec...I can imagine how pretty the Christmas decorations would be in panorama like that.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #1399
VaBeachGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
That's realy cool!
We are going in Dec...I can imagine how pretty the Christmas decorations would be in panorama like that.
Just be sure to stand in one spot and take the pictures so that part of the scene from the last picture is in the next picture. That way they can be stitched together properly.
VaBeachGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #1400
Donaldfan81
Mouseketeer

This one is from 2007. My sister and I were eating at WCC and wanted to look around the resort a bit and I took a few pics. I think this one come out the best of the bunch I took. Anyway that is the reason why I am now staying at the lodge for the first time this Sept. I cant wait!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #1401
tlynk
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at WL since 2004. All the pictures look so awesome! I can't wait to go back.

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #1402
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyNutz View Post
Cuddos to you! That is exactly why I removed all of our photos from this thread. I was tired of people coming on here and saying that they didn't have time to look through "all the posts" to find what they wanted to see, so they would ask that you just show them their request. They don't take into account how much time out of their lives someone has spent taking photos and downloading them so they can observe them! If you want to see more photos of the Wilderness Lodge, I would be more than happy to share them with you! Just PM me and I will send them. Hoping you and yours has a MAGICAL TRIP!
It was seeing your photos on this thread DizneyNutz and having you help me figure out how to upload pics that got me interested in getting a DSLR. And I ended up with my pockets much lighter! You have many beautiful pictures of the lodge and I'm glad I got to see them - thanks!

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #1403
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is exactly why I removed all of our photos from this thread. I was tired of people coming on here and saying that they didn't have time to look through "all the posts" to find what they wanted to see, so they would ask that you just show them their request. They don't take into account how much time out of their lives someone has spent taking photos and downloading them so they can observe them! If you want to see more photos of the Wilderness Lodge, I would be more than happy to share them with you! Just PM me and I will send them. Hoping you and yours has a MAGICAL TRIP!
Aww sorry to see that your pictures are gone.

Your photos were some of my favorites of WL and inspired me to spend more time there taking pictures on our last two trips. In fact, in May we drove over from SSR to just enjoy the lodge and I took a ton of photos of all the details. Glad I saw yours before they were gone!

KeepSwimmingDory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #1404
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Dizneynutz....I miss your beautiful pictures. I also want to thank you again for the music you were so kind to send me about 5 yrs ago. You know what I mean.... It has gotten me through 4 surgeries and brought me more pleasure than you could ever know. Have a great day....
Old 07-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #1405
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Thanks Everyone

I apologize for being an ole fuddy. It struck a wrong nerve when a couple of people visited the thread and said it was too large for their valuable time to look through it all and they just wanted someone to point them to the exact page where they could see what they were looking for. Some of the things they were requesting to see where in several of my photos, so I in a moment of haste went onto photobucket and deleted all the WL photos from photobucket. They don't even consider everyones time they spent downloading them all to Photo Bucket and then from there onto here. Anyhow you all have been very kind and I still visit the thread to see everyone else's photos to keep us excited and were counting down until early December again. I hope you all have a trip planned and it turns out MAGICAL
Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #1406
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Please don't let a few "all about me" folks ruin it for the rest of us.

Quote:
I apologize for being an ole fuddy. It struck a wrong nerve when a couple of people visited the thread and said it was too large for their valuable time to look through it all and they just wanted someone to point them to the exact page where they could see what they were looking for. Some of the things they were requesting to see where in several of my photos, so I in a moment of haste went onto photobucket and deleted all the WL photos from photobucket. They don't even consider everyones time they spent downloading them all to Photo Bucket and then from there onto here. Anyhow you all have been very kind and I still visit the thread to see everyone else's photos to keep us excited and were counting down until early December again. I hope you all have a trip planned and it turns out MAGICAL
DisneyNutz, you have MADE this thread what it is !!!! Please don't let a few "it is all about me" selfish people ruin it for the rest of us. It is sad in life that we have folks that are so focused on themselves, that they don't take the time to think how long it takes to upload these photos onto the Dis boards, folks like that are not worth your time !!! I can not say how much I appreciate all your BEAUTIFUL photos & hope they return, but that is completely your choice & I respect your decision. I want you to know that when I started this thread, you are the one that made the anticipation of my first WL Trip in Dec 2008 more magical than I can express with your photos & I know many others feel the same way I do, so THANK YOU !!!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #1407
laura001
DIS Veteran
I had my birthday 242 days ago and I don't run like a duck, does that count??
I came in here to see what was wrong with the bananas

Quote:

I too, have enjoyed your pics, thanks so much for sharing them. We have never stayed at WL and a girlfriend of mine (her first trip) and I are going in Sept. I wanted to try somewhere I had never stayed, so I chose WL (my DH is very jealous)

I sure hope it turns out to be as great as it all sounds. Can't wait!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #1408
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

I'm adding my 2 cents too. I love all the pics, that is the purpose of this thread. If others are too lazy to look then they aren't serious about checking out the WL, IMHO. WL is my home away from home and I enjoying looking at these pics to get my "Disney Fix" when I'm home sick and that includes yours DisneyNutz, which are some of the best.

I've been Boo'd! Thank you suprgrlx! And agnes!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!
GoofyFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #1409
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

I know that when DW and I were first starting to stay at the WL we could not get enough of pictures of the resort. We still go back to view them for memories and in anticipation of our next visit. That is why I was so excited about keeping it going when Disney N December started this thread. As I stated previously, I acted in haste. With respect to this wonderful thread and ALL of you who have contributed to it, I will attempt to fill in (may take a while) the pictures I removed, just not going to attempt to put them where the were orginally. Thank You to all of you who have kept this thread going.

Last edited by DizneyNutz; 07-17-2009 at 03:52 PM.
DizneyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #1410
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Yippee !! Woo hoo !!! Thank you !!!

Quote:
I know that when DW and I were first starting to stay at the WL we could not get enough of pictures of the resort. We still go back to view them for memories and in anticipation of our next visit. That is why I was so excited about keeping it going when Disney N December started this thread. As I stated previosly, I acted in haste. With respect to this wonderful thread and ALL of you who have contributed to it, I will attempt to fill in (may take a while) the pictures I removed, just not going to attempt to put them where the were orginally. Thank You to all of you who have kept this thread going.
You are awesome DisneyNutz !!! I am sooooooooo excited !!! You are once again fueling my addiction for my 2nd trip to Wilderness Lodge in Dec 2009!!
YIPPEE !! WOO HOO !!! THANK YOU !!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: