Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #1246
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

vs1023 & lacrosse_lady72 - Thanks for sharing! Beautiful photos and a wonderful WL fix for today!

vs1023 - Love the geyser with the rainbow and what a peaceful view from your room.

lacrosse_lady72 - beautiful photo of the falls, flowers/landscaping, and bunny

Thanks for posting!

KeepSwimmingDory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #1247
topdog
DIS Veteran

Great pictures.

I am 6 days away from leaving. Can't wait to take a break away from the freezing temperature!!
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #1248
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

Those pictures were great! Topdpg, I can't wait to see what you post! Here's a little pixiedust for you . Have an awesome trip!

I've been Boo'd! Thank you suprgrlx! And agnes!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!
GoofyFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #1249
topdog
DIS Veteran

Thank you GoofyFairie. I am bringing every gear I have including the kitchen sink. Ha! Ha!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #1250
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

Wow! No wonder my pictures stink. I don't have enough stuff.

Just kidding...It is not just stuff I lack. I'm just a point & shoot kind of girl. Don't have the photographic knowledge to know what to do with all that equipment anyway.

Can't wait to see your pictures! Have a wonderful time.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #1251
mickeymorse
DIS Veteran

Okay, here's a couple of shots from last week. Just a point and shoot camera as well.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #1252
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Top Dog, if I had that type/quantity of equipment, by the time I figured out what setup I should be using the image would be long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSwimmingDory View Post
Wow! No wonder my pictures stink. I don't have enough stuff.

Just kidding...It is not just stuff I lack. I'm just a point & shoot kind of girl. Don't have the photographic knowledge to know what to do with all that equipment anyway.
A good shot is 1% skill, 99% luck. I've gotten some amazing images with a simple kodak easyshare... (shocked me!) I just wish the resolutions were better. The old film cameras would allow you to zoom in seemingly indefinitely on the image if you did your own developing (so long as the focus was there). Don't worry about sun angles etc - logic will tell you one thing, while the camera tells another. The wonderful thing about the digital age is you can afford to just go with your feelings and re-try a shot as many times as you'd like.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #1253
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

MM - Wish I was there right now. Thanks for posting your pics.

twinklebug - I agree--Digital rocks! Am I the only one who has a hard time deleting the bad ones? It is like a memory I hate to erase even if it didn't photograph well. I do take a ton of pictures and sometimes I get lucky. I really love to take pictures and often of odd things or signs some people wouldn't photograph. DH gets much better photos of the kids than I do.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #1254
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSwimmingDory View Post
MM - Wish I was there right now. Thanks for posting your pics.

twinklebug - I agree--Digital rocks! Am I the only one who has a hard time deleting the bad ones? It is like a memory I hate to erase even if it didn't photograph well. I do take a ton of pictures and sometimes I get lucky. I really love to take pictures and often of odd things or signs some people wouldn't photograph. DH gets much better photos of the kids than I do.
Same here! I have lots of fuzzy and blurry pics on the computer that I just can't delete. I too have the point and shoot easy share. Inside photos are really dark, but outside are usually beautiful. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to post photos and add some of my own WL shots.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #1255
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

topdog- I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to use all that stuff! LOL

mickeymorse- beautiful shots! I wish I was there now- I am soooo sick of snow being COLD!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #1256
topdog
DIS Veteran

Great pictures MM.

You are right. It not the camera that takes great pictures. It's the person behind the camera that takes great picture. P&S or DSLR...it's just a tool.

It used to bother me when people told me my picture are great and that I must have a good camera. WTH? Is that mean when I find people's cooking is great and they must have great pots and pans?? Dooh...

I switch to digital full time only a few years ago. Before that, I took film photography for over 25 years. Most of my lenses I have now can use on my film camera as well. If you look carefully on my gears, you can see there are couple of P&S mixed in as well. My first digital was Nikon Coolpix 900. I hated it. It was the first digital camera Nikon ever made. Shutter lag was horrible. I used it for a few weeks and put it away. Only took it out when I have too. DSLR makes photography a lot more easier. How you see the world behind that view finder is what matter.

Anyway, I am way off topic here. Let see some more WL pictures.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #1257
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

I am with you Topdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Great pictures MM.

You are right. It not the camera that takes great pictures. It's the person behind the camera that takes great picture. P&S or DSLR...it's just a tool.

It used to bother me when people told me my picture are great and that I must have a good camera. WTH? Is that mean when I find people's cooking is great and they must have great pots and pans?? Dooh...

I switch to digital full time only a few years ago. Before that, I took film photography for over 25 years. Most of my lenses I have now can use on my film camera as well. If you look carefully on my gears, you can see there are couple of P&S mixed in as well. My first digital was Nikon Coolpix 900. I hated it. It was the first digital camera Nikon ever made. Shutter lag was horrible. I used it for a few weeks and put it away. Only took it out when I have too. DSLR makes photography a lot more easier. How you see the world behind that view finder is what matter.

Anyway, I am way off topic here. Let see some more WL pictures.
The picture is in the framing (or memory if you will) but not everyone's camera captures it the same same way. I have no where near the equipment or experience with a camera you have (I am the definition of a novice), but I am still happy with the photos from our trips, as should be anyone taking pictures of their trip. Bottom line is capture what YOU are seeing on YOUR vacation, regardless of your camera capabilities. Also please share them

[Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."
-St. Augustine]
DizneyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #1258
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Thank you GoofyFairie. I am bringing every gear I have including the kitchen sink. Ha! Ha!

i totally just drooled on my keyboard! i just pointed to that and told my hubby, "that's what i want!!!!" he just rolled his eyes at me. i then asked him what "those" were and he goes, "um.....those would be ipods." i have an ipod. i just thought you had some fancy macintosh camera equipment or something.
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #1259
swald91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymorse View Post
Okay, here's a couple of shots from last week. Just a point and shoot camera as well.

Nice pics-they look alot like mine-we too were there last week & I remember the family of ducks!!!!!

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
swald91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #1260
topdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i totally just drooled on my keyboard! i just pointed to that and told my hubby, "that's what i want!!!!" he just rolled his eyes at me. i then asked him what "those" were and he goes, "um.....those would be ipods." i have an ipod. i just thought you had some fancy macintosh camera equipment or something.
Most of my gears were pretty aged. I am not sure they aren really that drool worthy. LOL... The only new addition here are the Nikon P80 and the remote shutter release. In fact, the lens I used to take this picture is 32 years old. It's a non CPU manual focus lens. Talk about antique.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: