Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #676
gaffney09
Mouseketeer

Definitely subscribing! We're planning on WL 12/7-12/13 so we'll get to see all the beautiful Christmas decorations! It makes me so happy just thinking about it!! I'm trying to get reservations for a Deluxe (Jr Suite) room, so if anyone has pictures of those, that would be great!!

Megan
December 2010- Christmas at Fort Wilderness Cabins with the family- Free Dining!
October 2011- tentative trip to BC or YC for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

gaffney09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #677
DaaBoTownSox
Earning My Ears

I can't wait to stay here. It's just so darn expensive though..

These pictures get me more & more depressed...Thanks
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #678
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Do not get depressed. Find a way to share our love of the Lodge slowly. For years my hubby and I would visit the Lodge for dinner and linger on the porch or in the lobby and dream. We started saving for a special day when we could actually go up to a room there. Your day will come. Start giving up a Starbucks or something that you do not need. Start a Christmas club for your trip. Make one night a week hot dogs and beans with a picture of the LOdge as the centerpiece. Get Netflix instead of paying at the theatre for a yr. I don't mean it to sound preachy at all, just giving ideas that could help make your stay be there and not at a value. Plan to go when it is a lower priced season and perhaps do it for two nights with the rest being elsewhere. I know your dreams will come true. It is so worth the sacrifice.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:28 AM   #679
DaaBoTownSox
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the uplifiting speech

I'm really not depressed though (probably the wrong choice of words). I just really, really, really wanna stay there. Also, your plan for 2 nights sounds good, but I don't know if just 2 nights would please me. I feel there is so much to see, and such little time I would be spending there. I'm still kind of young (26 to be exact), and I still spend most of my time in the parks. I'm really only at the hotel to sleep & to eat. Maybe I can wait a few years when I am not as active, and can spend more time
Old 07-21-2008, 01:42 AM   #680
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

LOL. I won't feel that bad if you are only 26. DH and I never got to afford it til 50. You really need to get all your park stuff done in 3 or 4 days and then spend two days at the Lodge not leaving, just enjoying the beauty and the serenity of it all. Go to the Villas and see Walt's trains from his home. Take the Lodge tour. Use the pool. Take a boat ride to the Contemporary and back seeing it from the lake. Be the flag family and climb to the top of the building. We have spent 48 hrs never leaving the Lodge. That way we get our money's worth when we are there. Get the parks out of your system first and then recouperate at the Lodge. H ave fun......
Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #681
DaaBoTownSox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou-Ann View Post
LOL. I won't feel that bad if you are only 26. DH and I never got to afford it til 50. You really need to get all your park stuff done in 3 or 4 days and then spend two days at the Lodge not leaving, just enjoying the beauty and the serenity of it all. Go to the Villas and see Walt's trains from his home. Take the Lodge tour. Use the pool. Take a boat ride to the Contemporary and back seeing it from the lake. Be the flag family and climb to the top of the building. We have spent 48 hrs never leaving the Lodge. That way we get our money's worth when we are there. Get the parks out of your system first and then recouperate at the Lodge. H ave fun......
Sounds like a good idea. But...

Even though I am 26, I am still hugely addicted to the parks lol. I can't just visit them once. I have to go back to each atleast twice if possible. Again, I suppose I will have to wait a few more years. Perhaps when my mindset changes, and I can tell myself to forget the parks and just relax lol.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #682
Grendalynn
Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran

Quote:
ITA!! We so much enjoyed our afternoons at the Lodge barside/poolside!! The ambiance was incredible!! Sitting at the pool, looking at the grandeur (sp?) of it all was just amazing!!! We did not know about the trains!!! I wish we did - we would have gone to see them for sure! DSs ar HUGE train buffs!! Thomas was on the tracks behind our house this weeekend and DS1 was so psyched!!! Grand Uncles & Greatgrandfathers on both sides of our family worked on the B&M for years and years!! Anyway - I am rambling... My point being that DH was a comando style WDW guy - Me - not so much! We compromised.... a couple of days or mornings of Comando Style Park-ing and a few evenings and Afternoons lounging by the pool!! Some of the best moments of our trip!!
- Dad 40 - Mom 37 -DS15 -DS11 - DS7
Grendalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #683
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Hi! - I am considering booking a Christmas time stay here as from all reports it's THE place to be at that time of year!! And all your photos look great!!

We are thinking of a split stay with the Poly as we love it there and just wondered whether after staying at the Poly, if you thought we would feel like the WL is a bit far away from MK???

When we go our boys will be 6 and 3, and I was wondering how far away it REALLY is from the MK - is the boat trip very long?? Or does it feel as easy as the monorail to the poly does???

thanks for any info/advice!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #684
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

It is a very short boat trip. The bus is quick too. I would not worry about being far away as you are not. 10-15 min perhaps depending on when the bus/boat leaves. As you exit the park just walk to the right and get in line for the boat. Very easy to do.

For the family that is into trains......There is also a lovely train tour done two days a week. it happens before the park opens. You get the history of Walt's train in his yard, the trains in the park, get to ride to the round house, see where they are maintained and get to help switch the tracks and toot the horn. It is neat. We have done it twice....
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #685
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Quote:

For the family that is into trains......There is also a lovely train tour done two days a week. it happens before the park opens. You get the history of Walt's train in his yard, the trains in the park, get to ride to the round house, see where they are maintained and get to help switch the tracks and toot the horn. It is neat. We have done it twice....
My son loves trains, this might be something he would really be into! Is this something you have to pay extra for?? This is at the Magic Kingdom right?? How long does it last?? Thank You.

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
ethansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #686
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Yes, all tours are pay tours but this one is the cheapest of all and yet very interesting. It lasts about 1 1/2 hrs, perhaps two. It starts, as I said, before the park opens. You make a reservation and they tell you where to meet ahead of time and then they come and get you to enter the park while everyone else is standing there waiting to go in. It is kind of neat as you can feel them looking at you and wondering why these folks are special and getting in and they are not...
Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #687
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

just to verify for you...the train tour is ....
Offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the MK turnstiles at 7:30 am and ends approximately 10:30 am
you also have to be at least 10 years old to do this tour
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #688
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! I am staying there in October with DH for our 1 yr anniversary and can't wait. I have been wanting to stay there since it opened.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
luvfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #689
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
just to verify for you...the train tour is ....
Offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the MK turnstiles at 7:30 am and ends approximately 10:30 am
you also have to be at least 10 years old to do this tour
Thank you for the times and days...its too bad my son is only going to be three when we go so that wont work but since we are staying at the WL we will check out the train display at the villas

Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
ethansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #690
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Lou-Ann thank you for the info as well.

Thank You